Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
fireflyblue
Gift Guru

fireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: Stuffed animals falling apart??

My 5yo son got his grey and white kitty for Easter. Not too long ago I had to perform 'surgery' as the underside seam was coming apart. I think the kids might have been fighting over it, not sure. My son is VERY attached to the kitty, it goes everywhere with us now. Anyway, I looked today and it's come apart again! I'm not the world's best seamstress so I am sure some of it is my fault, but ... has anyone else had this happen? Are your animals falling apart too?

It's not like I can even go out and buy a spare for 'just in case' since it's retired. (We had no idea it was retiring when I bought it.)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Guess what?! Imma
Gift Guru

Mindy98 is a name known to allMindy98 is a name known to allMindy98 is a name known to all

Default Re: Stuffed animals falling apart??

I dont think its your fault. It was probly because it goes everywere. I always try to find out what webkinz are retireing and coming out so if you know please tell me!
Mindy98 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
Gift Guru

shobean94 is a jewel in the roughshobean94 is a jewel in the rough

I don't think it's your fault but maybe you could double stitch it just to make sure it doesn't come apart again
shobean94 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
fireflyblue
Gift Guru

fireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to beholdfireflyblue is a splendid one to behold

Definitely going to stitch better!

And I know that it gets use going everywhere, but it's only been since Easter! Yikes!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
theDuckyWI
Gift Guru

the Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to allthe Ducky is a name known to all

I had the same thing happen with my frog (King George). My hubby noticed that the stitching on his eye was coming apart, which I though strange since he isn't played with all that much, just slept with occasionally. I haven't fixed him yet (I'm a horrible seamstress), just told the kids that the King needs rest. I've heard of quite a few people who's webkinz had a split seam.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Lil Kinz
kblade1903 is an unknown quantity at this point

The threaded mouth on my sons Cheeky Monkey has come unstitiched and his monkey is only slept with. kblade1903
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
bumblebeemousegirl
Gifted

I_wish_mel has a spectacular aura about

yes same here my dog (Cloe the terrier) is riped i little on the under side, too!
and I had her for like a when it happened to me..:O
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
slb2724
Gifted

slb2724 has a spectacular aura about

The webkinz people are smart- cute cheaply made animals, sell for lots of $$, make lots of $$. Mine are falling apart too. My frog and unicorn underbellies, cats ear and poodles tail. i dont even play with mine, they sit on a shelf.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by I_wish_mel
yes same here my dog (Cloe the terrier) is riped i little on the under side, too!
and I had her for like a when it happened to me..:O
Exact same thing happened to me!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
Down to Earth <3
Webkinz :)

peanutkinz0897 is a jewel in the roughpeanutkinz0897 is a jewel in the rough

well this is so true that webkinz are poorly made
I know a website called shiningstars.com, that came out a month ago and they are just like webkinz almost so they don't have much to do but they are so cool I will get a screen shot of one Ok
Peanutkinz0897
Closed