Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Kitten1210
Webkinz :)
Kitten1210 is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Strange day in the garden.....

Is anyone having difficulties watering their garden today? I logged on to do my gardening and for some reason it wouldn't let me water certain plants. There was no rhyme or reason as to why I could water some but not others. I thought at first it might be the ones that I had raked, but that wasn't the case because I harvested two whole rolls of watermelons and carrots (which never have weeds in them) and I wasn't allowed to water some of them either...... strange!

To make it even stranger...... When I tried to inspect, it only inspected maybe twelve plants and I have a full garden. If it had skipped the ones I didn't get to water, then I would have understood but there wasn't any rhyme or reason to this either.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, did it work itself out or do I need to contact Ganz?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
Kitten1210 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Re: Strange day in the garden.....

I don't have this problem..
but actually, there is absolutely NO need to water your plants...
it's fine without water. Just rake and harvest.
I have gardened so much over the past year that i actually don't NEED to inspect..
just look out for the plants that have yellow weeds surrounding them..
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Do you know that you don't actually have to water them? You can just weed and harvest I have many many yards and all do very well, you don't have to waste that time watering

As for not being able to tend to some plants... I have that happened sometimes whenever one is ready to harvest. I click it and nothing happens. I just left the yard, and went back to it and they "unfroze"
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

gingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond repute

This is completly strange.... I myself havn't had this experiance because I do not garden (!!!!!), but I am sure that this is only a minor glitch due to everything that has be recently added, and becasue of the e-store + Valentines Day. For like a week after Christmas, I could dress my Webkinz pet, so this is probably the same thing. Just a glitch!

O and thank you Gripper and Kelly for the input about not needing to water plants! Maybe now I will start a garden, since it doesn't seem to be as hard as I though. Thank you!
gingerspice55 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Kitten1210
Kitten1210 is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone, I stopped watering as of yesterday! And, you were right about the glitch - it worked itself out. I too am going to start a few more gardens now that they are not so time consuming I've read that the strawberries and carrots are the best yield monetarily. That's my goal, well....one at a time that is

Thanks again!
Kitten1210 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #6

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I've had the odd plant "freeze" up, but not that many at a time. Usually it's one, at most two plants in a full garden. But leaving the yard, then coming back always solves the problem. You may notice that you get a few more weeds when you don't water, but that's far less work than inspecting and watering all of them! Carrots are easier to see the weeds without inspecting at all stages of growth, whereas strawberries are harder to see the weeds on the third growth stage; they are slightly more profitable, but also more work as you have more to sell in the end.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I have a glitch--a "perienniel" glitch with my collie ossilillie plant. When it gets weeds, I weed it, but the weeds still appear. Till the next day. Then they are gone, usually. Also, when I harvest it, it still looks like it's there. Until the next day. Then it's back to a new growth. And the bone appeared in my dock, to be fed to my collie, or gifted, or sold back like other produce.

I have seen this happen with other plants, then they go back to normal. So I think they are "annuals". The collie plant never goes back to normal, so it's a "perienniel" glitch...

Just smile and go on...this is an amazing website, with so much activity. And all we have to do is buy a fairly inexpensive plush pet to enjoy it. Sigh! If only we stopped wtih one...or a few...or a few a year...or a month...

Addicted....and admitting it. Looking for a Webkinz Anonymous group....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #8

stellaxo is an unknown quantity at this point

I had NO CLUE I didn't have to water!! That is awesome news!!!!! Yay!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Kitten1210
Is anyone having difficulties watering their garden today? I logged on to do my gardening and for some reason it wouldn't let me water certain plants. There was no rhyme or reason as to why I could water some but not others. I thought at first it might be the ones that I had raked, but that wasn't the case because I harvested two whole rolls of watermelons and carrots (which never have weeds in them) and I wasn't allowed to water some of them either...... strange!

To make it even stranger...... When I tried to inspect, it only inspected maybe twelve plants and I have a full garden. If it had skipped the ones I didn't get to water, then I would have understood but there wasn't any rhyme or reason to this either.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, did it work itself out or do I need to contact Ganz?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
This started happening to me several weeks ago, the only thing that I have found that works is to jump out of the garden then when you come back in it will let you garden like normal. I have sent several comments to Ganz, and they said that they read them so someone should be aware that this is happening. But next time that this happens to you try my solution it should work for you too. However technically it is not necessary to water the gardens as long as you rake and harvest every day. Good luck.....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
lorkinzfun
Gift Guru

lorkinz has disabled reputation

Hi there here is a terrific link absolutely anything and everything you could ever want to know about gardens and more

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-fight-431935/

lorkinz is offline Female
Closed