Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Story Jitters

Also remember it will attract the readers with interest in that particular subject matter..just like any book...not all people will read every book..some folks like certain subjects and some like others. That doesn't mean you are not a good writer...what it really means is that some just don't read because of interest issues. Like for me, I don't read mystery books, but my mom loves them. I will pass by titles of mystery books and go for non fiction stories. Mom passes up the non fiction stuff and heads for the mystery...don't think that the number of people reading an posting is a direct reflection of how good it is...may not be the case at all.
Tula is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #12
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Nice signature you made! I would also put a link below it, directing people to the story. Some might not realize that it's clickable and not understand that you can click on it to go to a story.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Thanks! Should I add animation...like what? Again, great advice.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #14
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

You can if you want, it all depends on what you think will catch people's attention. Sometimes animation may be too much, and sometimes it may not be too much.

Take Desty's idea from the first page for your banner, too. You could have a poll on that before you use it and see which one people like better and then use that one.

Oh, I see on the first page you were going to do that...lol...well, I'm a little bit late on that suggestion....hehe

I would make about 4 signatures, two with and two without animation. See which one people like better. That way you give people more to vote on and you might not see as much of the "I don't really like any of them, sorry" posts. Just remember-- you may see posts like that. Just don't let it get you down.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

I love yours on an irrelevant note. I just need one more idea...a unique one also.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
YAY finally a
Webkinz :)

bookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant future

you could put it in your sig only for awhile then go to the dct that always helps and say "hey anyone wanna read my book its good the links in my sig" that always works. Or you could tell your friends, because it's agenst the rules to advratize butyou are allowed to tell your friends PS i think your story will turn out awesome so vm me when it comes out

oh and making a nice banner for it and a uniqe name always helps, long ones work best.
bookworm12 is offline Female
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I like it!
The signature is great... can you show us the avatar? If you don't want to, you could PM it to me if you want to. I can't wait to read your story, it's great! The tips are wonderful, too... you are a very talented writer from what I can tell from your story.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
I'm a learning
Gifted

Thank you!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #19
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Hi there! Your story seems very good! Check out this thread I made a while back to get tips and advice to make a great story!
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...1#post11686501
You can try advertising in your signature and telling all your friends so they will check it out and, if they like it, they will come back again and eventually the number of readers will probably keep adding up so in the end you'll have a lot of readers and you'll feel great! Just don't be afraid to put anything out there, no matter what people have to say. Good luck!

~Lys
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
I'm a learning
Gifted

Thanks for the advice, but I have already been suggested that several times. . .I'm looking for really out-there ideas, but thank you!

I posted my story, but I am still a little frightened and confused.

Last edited by pokemon2; 09-10-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Closed