Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Thumbs down Unanswered: Story Jitters

I have just released my story ( http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...eevees-553887/ ) and am worried. Many stories get left in the dust with 3 posts and 6 reads. I really think my writing is good, and it follows the rules. I am just really worried that no one will read it. What's a good way to advertise a story? I already have a signature, and matching avatar(not using the avatar) ready. I want to know more ways to get more readers. Any ideas on how to keep your story a popular one?

Here's a small sample, NO STEALING:
Bob begins to quickly circle his opponent. He gets faster and faster with each lap, the wind gliding through fur like a stream are caught in the wind. Eventually, you can only see a small brown blur moving in a circular motion. Tom is hopelessly spinning trying to get a good shot at him. Then out of nowhere, Bod quickly hits him with a Tackle. The entire audience is taking aback. Tom, on the other hand, completely dodges the attack. Bob is sent hurtling into the sidelines. It looks very painful, I would hate to be him right now. After some 30 seconds of agonizing injury-related yells, Bob manages to stand up. Knees knocking, Robert does his signature move...his HP is insanely low. Bob springs up like a slinky and digs right into the field.
Tom is trying to find way to see his invisible opponent. It's not working that well. Then, like a spring that broke through the mattress, Bob leaps up, right beneath Tom. Tom stumbles back coughing. Then, almost quickly as the match started, it was all over.

Will it be popular? How do I get more people to read? Should I release it?

Here's what I'm currently doing:
1) Make a poll comparing my two signatures for my novel, a link to the novel is provided
2) Set the winner as my signature
3) Post a lot in the more popular sections...like the newz, contest, game, open mike, and poll section. I'll still be posting here for the rep ()

Any #4s you can think of?

Last edited by pokemon2; 09-10-2009 at 06:25 PM..
pokemon2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Story Jitters

It sounds cool! It's a Pokemon battle, right? I would give it a good, clear title, and maybe put a "trailer" like that in the Polls section. It will bring more attention to it, and give people sort of a taste of the story. You might get some good feedback that way.
Desty is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

That's a really small part of it. That is only the like 4th chapter. . .I'm still thinking out the main plot. A trailer in the polls section does sound like a nice idea, I'll try it when I get the plot strait. I'm working on a few plot ideas. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
It sounds cool! It's a Pokemon battle, right? I would give it a good, clear title, and maybe put a "trailer" like that in the Polls section. It will bring more attention to it, and give people sort of a taste of the story. You might get some good feedback that way.
That's a very good idea! A lot of people seem to go to the polls. Another suggestion would be to do what you are planning to do...put the link in your signature (I would use a banner somehow, people might be more likely to see that that just a link) and then post around the boards in different sections, so people will see it. Some people only go to certain sections of the boards, and if you post all around the boards, you are guaranteeing that someone who otherwise wouldn't see it will see it.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
I'm a learning
Gifted

Yeah, maybe I could post a lot in the pokemon fan club because those are my target audience! Perfect advice.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Yes with the link in your Siggy I think you will get a very positive response. Good Luck it sounds really great so far , I can tell you worked very hard, Congrats , you are very talented !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
I'm a learning
Gifted

I just made a new signature for when I post it....
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2

That looks Awesome , What a great name too, You are so creative !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 09-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
I'm a learning
Gifted

Anyone else have advice? I'm trying to animate the signature to attract more attention...not going so well! I'm going to try this:
1) Make a poll comparing my two signatures for my novel, a link to the novel is provided
2) Set the winner as my signature
3) Post a lot in the more popular sections...like the newz, contest, game, open mike, and poll section. I'll still be posting here for the rep ()

Any #4s you can think of?

-I just added this to the main post-

Last edited by pokemon2; 09-08-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
I ♥ British
Webkinz :)

iluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2
that's really good! it will definitely attract readers!
iluvginger33 is offline Female
Closed