Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default Answered: Storage questions....

So I want to see if I clear out items in my dock, maybe Webkinz will load faster. Plus I want to become more of a collector, so I want a place to 'hoard' all these click to win and smurf items.

I have a few questions for you people will those crazy-item-filled-docks with 5+ storage rooms.

*What is the best storage container to buy for clothing and small Webkinz items? For both the amount of storage and the price.

*Is there any container that can fit snow globes and other things that are a bit bigger?

*What size room do you suggest I put all these fridges/storage units in? Do you fill up a bunch of small rooms, or a few large rooms?

Thank you for whatever answer you can give me.
Best Answer - Posted by luv2writeNS
View Post Originally Posted by CandiiDucky
Hello! I love collecting items In fact, I'm in the midst of sorting out all my collected items into storage rooms rather than cluttering up my dock *over 1000 items in my dock*
Storage - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Storing Items on a Budget - Webkinz Insider Wiki
This will tell you what storage containers can carry what, as well as their price and footprints

For clothing, I use the Sky Blue Book Box since it can carry 6 items per footprint. For the price of 95 KC per Sky Blue Book Box, it comes in second as the most cost efficient storage for non food items.

I'm not sure about the snowglobes. I will try once Webkinz World works again I would think any of the non food containers will take them. The Vortex Storage unit can store 10 items. If you don't have that, you could use the Rattan Toy box, costing 100 KC and can hold 8 non food items
***EDIT*** I have logged back into Webkinz World. I have tried the Sky Blue Book Box, Rattan Toy box and the Vortex storage unit. All 3 refused to accept my snowglobes. (I tried this with the Polar Plunge holiday snow globe and Kinzville snow globe) Maybe you could have a room to showcase your snowglobes? Maybe like a snowglobe space as well as a bathroom?

I used to use small rooms (you know the ones that come with adopting new pets?) for storage, but recently, I started switching to large rooms. It might be more difficult trying to find something if you have to look through more small rooms, than only looking through a few large rooms. Also, with clothing, I try to find an item that resembles, for example, shoes. I put this item near my shoe containers so I can quickly find my shoe containers in my large room
View Post Originally Posted by Snickerdoodlez
I use large rooms for storage. Price-wise it is much cheaper per square (footprint); 10 KC per square for a large room vs. a little over 14 KC per square for a medium and 20 KC per square for a small room. Plus it takes so much time to change from room to room that it is quicker to have a few large rooms than many small or medium rooms.

You probably won't use all the squares in any of the rooms since you need paths to access the storage units, and I have heard that if you use all the squares it can cause problems getting the room to load correctly (sorry, I don't remember how many squares to leave open).

The Cool Colorful Fridge (New Kids theme) is the cheapest indoor food storage unit (250 KC), and the Backyard Cooler is the cheapest outside food storage unit (275 KC). Both store 6 items.

The Rattan Toy Box is the cheapest way to store items (100 KC to store 8 items) and it uses two squares. The Sky Blue Book Box is the next cheapest (95 KC to store 6 items) and it uses one square. I only use the Sky Blue Book Box in rooms where I am storing things by theme or type of item, and want it all in one room.

I haven't found anything yet that stores snow globes, so I put them on pedestals and tables to save space. Larger items I try to put on rugs so I at least get two things stored on a space.
View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl27965
*What is the best storage container to buy for clothing and small Webkinz items? For both the amount of storage and the price.

Hmm, well the ballerina toy-box is only 150kc and holds 8 items, small toys, clothing ect...
Or the Funky Girl Toy Box for 200kc, though I would prefer the Ballerina toy-box.

Ratten toy-box, 100kc holds 8 itmes. I still prefer the Ballerina toy-box.

*Is there any container that can fit snow globes and other things that are a bit bigger?

Well, I don't think there is any that does store them acually, hold on let me check... Ballerina toy-box don't hold snowglobes, so my guess is that no storage unit will/can hold a snow globe, books and small toys, yes.

*What size room do you suggest I put all these fridges/storage units in? Do you fill up a bunch of small rooms, or a few large rooms?

Well, I just use medium rooms, my medium room has the Bloomin Room theme, I just put heaps of storage in it, running out of room though, mostly food storage though.

Hope I helped.
Thank you all so much for these extremely helpful posts. I can't decide on one, so I'll just quote them as the best answer.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

Default Re: Storage questions....

Hello! I love collecting items In fact, I'm in the midst of sorting out all my collected items into storage rooms rather than cluttering up my dock *over 1000 items in my dock*
This will tell you what storage containers can carry what, as well as their price and footprints

For clothing, I use the Sky Blue Book Box since it can carry 6 items per footprint. For the price of 95 KC per Sky Blue Book Box, it comes in second as the most cost efficient storage for non food items.

I'm not sure about the snowglobes. I will try once Webkinz World works again I would think any of the non food containers will take them. The Vortex Storage unit can store 10 items. If you don't have that, you could use the Rattan Toy box, costing 100 KC and can hold 8 non food items
***EDIT*** I have logged back into Webkinz World. I have tried the Sky Blue Book Box, Rattan Toy box and the Vortex storage unit. All 3 refused to accept my snowglobes. (I tried this with the Polar Plunge holiday snow globe and Kinzville snow globe) Maybe you could have a room to showcase your snowglobes? Maybe like a snowglobe space as well as a bathroom?

I used to use small rooms (you know the ones that come with adopting new pets?) for storage, but recently, I started switching to large rooms. It might be more difficult trying to find something if you have to look through more small rooms, than only looking through a few large rooms. Also, with clothing, I try to find an item that resembles, for example, shoes. I put this item near my shoe containers so I can quickly find my shoe containers in my large room

Last edited by CandiiDucky; 08-01-2011 at 10:52 AM..
CandiiDucky is offline Female
Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

Snickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond repute

I use large rooms for storage. Price-wise it is much cheaper per square (footprint); 10 KC per square for a large room vs. a little over 14 KC per square for a medium and 20 KC per square for a small room. Plus it takes so much time to change from room to room that it is quicker to have a few large rooms than many small or medium rooms.

You probably won't use all the squares in any of the rooms since you need paths to access the storage units, and I have heard that if you use all the squares it can cause problems getting the room to load correctly (sorry, I don't remember how many squares to leave open).

The Cool Colorful Fridge (New Kids theme) is the cheapest indoor food storage unit (250 KC), and the Backyard Cooler is the cheapest outside food storage unit (275 KC). Both store 6 items.

The Rattan Toy Box is the cheapest way to store items (100 KC to store 8 items) and it uses two squares. The Sky Blue Book Box is the next cheapest (95 KC to store 6 items) and it uses one square. I only use the Sky Blue Book Box in rooms where I am storing things by theme or type of item, and want it all in one room.

I haven't found anything yet that stores snow globes, so I put them on pedestals and tables to save space. Larger items I try to put on rugs so I at least get two things stored on a space.

Last edited by Snickerdoodlez; 08-01-2011 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: add info
Snickerdoodlez is offline Female
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
Love is Love

Mint Chip is an unparalleled talent
Mint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talentMint Chip is an unparalleled talent

I would get the rattan storage container (bamboo lookin thing) its 100 kc and stores 8 items in it. However it does take up 2 spaces... And I would fill a large room as you would get more bang for your buck on storage space!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Hmm, well the ballerina toy-box is only 150kc and holds 8 items, small toys, clothing ect...
Or the Funky Girl Toy Box for 200kc, though I would prefer the Ballerina toy-box.

Well, I don't think there is any that does store them acually, hold on let me check... Ballerina toy-box don't hold snowglobes, so my guess is that no storage unit will/can hold a snow globe, books and small toys, yes.

Well, I just use medium rooms, my medium room has the Bloomin Room theme, I just put heaps of storage in it, running out of room though, mostly food storage though.

Hope I helped.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #6

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Hi there! At the Wshop there are so many different storage things that are cheap and ready to be used for storage! Most store about 8-10 items. You can look them up in the wiki too!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by CandiiDucky

View Post Originally Posted by Snickerdoodlez

View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl27965

Hope I helped.
Thank you all so much for these extremely helpful posts. I can't decide on one, so I'll just quote them as the best answer.
Closed