Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
arcadefire
Gift Guru

arcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: STOP Webkinz Thieves!

I have read (and I'm sure many of you have read) these heart-breaking posts about someone breaking into a WebKinz account and spending all the money and stealing all of the rare (and 'treasured') items.

It makes me sad -- and it makes me ANGRY!!

Does it seem like this would work to FIX this:

What if you were only given 3 chances to Login.

If you type the wrong password 3 times in a row -- then WK would post a message that says something like:

You have 3 unsuccessful login attempts you may not login for the next 5 minutes. . .

I think there are people out there that just sit at their computer and try to 'guess' users passwords. . .This would probably go a long way towards making them stop.

What do you (WI members) think???
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Gifted

dirtywater is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: STOP Webkinz Thieves!

hmm I dont' think 5 minutes is long enough. maybe if it said for the next 8 hours?? lOL seems like a long time but if it was really you you could just type your secret code instead of trying to guess your password. although what about us who are not accurate typers and have to type our passwords several times to get it right?? lOL just things to think about.

good point though
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

unfortunatly most of the hackers are using spyware program that tracks your key strokes and pretty much gives them you user name a password so they don't really have to guess
k2ramal is offline Female
Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
arcadefire
Gift Guru

arcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to beholdarcadefire is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by k2ramal
unfortunatly most of the hackers are using spyware program that tracks your key strokes and pretty much gives them you user name a password so they don't really have to guess
OHHH!!

I didn't know that. That really stinks. I do change my password pretty often, and I have never been 'hacked', but I just feel so bad for people that get ripped off!

Once I thought someone had logged on as me. . .b/c I saw a new food in my dock and I thought -- wait a minute! I didn't buy that. . .but then I realized I had just done my pet care! and it was the food from that LOL!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
horsescrazzy
Banned
retrieverlover6 is on a distinguished road

i know i get !!!!! It stinks
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Gifted

pandasmom is on a distinguished road

Maybe propose to Ganz that if you could prove that the account is yours (mostly have saved your tags, know info about the account, date started) that they could restore your account to what it was the previous day. Or at a minimum track where the items went to. Maybe a petition would help? Or gathering the information from those who have been hacked and sending multiple e-mails to Ganz?

I had a super bad malware virus on my computer at home that was recording my keystrokes. Since I do all online banking at work, I was only concerned about my Webkinz account! I kind of thought I was overreacting, but I guess not.

Julie E
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Webkinz :)
purplepigs is an unknown quantity at this point

if i dont vist webkinz every day the next my pass has been changed
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
Banned
xhollixsterx is a jewel in the roughxhollixsterx is a jewel in the rough

I love pandasmom's idea! It is true about the keystroke thing, what you suggested would be a great idea if there wern't the keystroke things.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

i like tha idea, but most people dont do that. they user spy programs that get your passwords.
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

if Ganz would invest in a better seciurity system such as the ones the online banking and other high priority sites use it would cut the hacking down quite a bit. There is always ways around security unfortunatly but if it was made much harder than mabey these hackers would loose interest in webkinz and move on to something easier it is not like they are stealing real money they are doing it cause it is easy so they find it fun.
k2ramal is offline Female
Closed