Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Banned
French Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Answered: Stolen!!!!??????

I seriously think my Webkinz account was stolen. I got my 10th (a Lil Kinz horse) for Easter and left the code at the desk. I had a friend over, and then another, and then a few days later, I tried logging on, and I couldn't! My code paper wasn't at the desk, either. I'm REEEEALLLY upset. It may sound babyish, but I've cried a bit. And I've got my eye on one of them. Every time I ask, I say, "I won't get mad(even though I probably will), I just really want it back." She says, "I didn't take it." She never makes eye contact much, and I had first asked her at a soccer field, when we were hanging around a goal with no net, climbing all over it. What should I do? My password is changed, so it was definitely stolen. I have NO idea where my other tags are. I'm afraid if I call GANZ they'll just want proof and stuff like that. And besides, if I find one of the other tags (not happening) and change the password, the other person can just change it back again! What should I do? =(
French Zebra is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Smile4me
I agree with the other posters that tell you to talk to your parent(s) and asking them to call Ganz to see if they can help.

Since you have already asked your friends more than once, I would not keep asking them. If one did take it and has lied this long, why would they stop now? Also, if one took it, the other one is innocent and it can hurt your friendship if you continue to ask her over and over.

It is sad that you can't trust one of them, but it would be sadder if you lost your real (true) friend because she felt you didn't trust her enough to believe her.

While your parents are working on contacting GANZ you can casually mention that your parents are calling to get it fixed. Then tell them how cool it is that GANZ can look at an account and see the IP Address (Your Computers "address") that is accessing the account.

IP Addresses can be tracked to exact location that was used to get online. (for example your home address or the library)

GANZ most likely will NOT provide that information to you, but the fact that GANZ could trace the IP Address should make the person think about telling you the truth. (They don't need to know that GANZ probably would never provide the information to you.)

Also, have your parents ask GANZ if they do keep records on IP addresses used to access an account. If they do, they should be able to see that you have been accessing the account from "your house" for most of the time the account has been opened and that it has suddenly changed to a new place. This may help if you can’t find any of your tags.

Good Luck, I am sorry that you have to deal with this. It is hard when you find out someone you care about isn't trustworthy. If you do find out that one (or both) was telling you the truth, you owe her an ice-cream cone. Or even a Good Fairy Charm!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Stolen!!!!??????

I would tell her you know and if she doesn't give the code back that you can't be friends and that she was very rude and you are disappointed in her and you honestly thought she was better than that. I don't think she sounds like much of a friend.

Call Ganz and see what they can do. 1-800-WEBKINZ.
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 06-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

You need to really try to find at least two of your tags. That way you can call Ganz and if you have two tags, they'll be more likely to believe that it's actually your account and you didn't just steal a tag.

You should also sit your friend down and talk to her again. Have you tried the other friend who was over too? You might not think it was her, but you never know.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Imagine...
Webkinz :)

TayTay♥ is on a distinguished road

I agree with fluffums, you should try talking to your other friend too.
The thing is, if the accused friend said she didn't do it but you think she did, don't be all like "I know you did it", because you don't know for sure. Just keep casually bringing it up around them, and in the meantime you should give Ganz a call. They'll understand.
TayTay♥ is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

This is all up to yourself... There isn't anything anyone else can do except for you- I think that you should clean and search for your webkinz tags, and who knows If you clean a bunch without being asked, your parents might just get you a new webkinz and you can start a new account instead.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #6
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

If you can find any of your other tags, you can call Ganz and have your user name changed. They will do it for circumstances such as this & you will be the one with the original account information (name, birthdate...). That way if someone did take your latest code tag, they would not be able to change the account password again without knowing the new user id.

I know someone who had Ganz do this for them. No one else knows their new User ID, the old one still shows up in F/R. You would just have to make sure to keep the new user info private.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Did you have deluxe or ever put any estore codes on that account?
You can use those as proof of ownership of the account and that info is stored on your history in your estore account info.
If you ever entered a code you might have saved in an email you could use that info also.
I am so sorry this happened to you, it is aweful
I hope Ganz can do something for you, I would for sure get an adult to call them!
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

Tell your parents right away. Then tell this "Friend" that you are telling your parents. Also the other members are right about calling Ganz. I had them change my user ID once when someone got a code of mine and tried to take my account. I hope it works out for you.
Joani is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

Yup,I have to say that contacting ganz would be the best
Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
Did you know? I'm a

soccerstar1231 has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerstar1231 has a spectacular aura about

I would recommend trying to find as many of your other tags as you can. Even if one of your friends took it you can always change it back. IF it DOES get changed then you know that someone you know took the code. I am SO sorry this happened...here are ways to contact Ganz.

Th first post was incorrect as to what the phone number for Ganz was it is:

1-866-WEBKINZ

Here is the email:

WebkinzSupport@ganz.com

I hope this helps and I hope you get your account back here shortly. Oh yeah! I would keep asking your friend about it. But honestly, if you do it to much your friend will probably get really annoyed with you.
soccerstar1231 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
quack quack ~ :)