Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
ants more
Webkinz :)

Ladymage27 has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: STILL need help with signature!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading the thread about how to make a clickable link on you signature, but it only addressed if you were linking to something else on the web. How do I get it to link to a file/document?
I know click on file instead of http, but when i insert the name of the file it doesnt work. Can someone guide me thru step by step please?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Ladymage27 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: STILL need help with signature!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying you want an image in your siggie and you need to know how to insert that in your siggie? Or are you asking how to make your siggie clickable?

I'll try to help you, but I guess I'm not sure what you're asking...
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
ants more

what i was planning on doing was putting something with the words CLICK HERE in it, and when you click on that, it is the file. (It's an excel file that another WI member made and I had the idea for-a master list of all WW items that a person can enter in the # they have of a certain item and keep track of their "inventory".)
Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

ok, That's actually what I thought you meant, but figured I must have been mistaken because I do not believe that we can actually do such a thing...

You could though, use the "click here" idea and when they click it, it would go right to the thread that has that file attached to it...but as far as I know, you cannot put a file (like excel or whatnot) in your siggie...
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
ants more

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
You could though, use the "click here" idea and when they click it, it would go right to the thread that has that file attached to it
Ok, how do I do that? (And it's, like, a forty page document too....)
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Call me Janna :D

sweetstar67 is a name known to allsweetstar67 is a name known to allsweetstar67 is a name known to all

well a good signurture would be a picture and your username
sweetstar67 is offline Female
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

Ok, first of all, is this document actually somewhere here on Webkinz Insider?
There are pretty strict rules about different websites...

If it isn't, you'll have to make a thread for the purpose of sharing your document and attach it to the first post...After you have a thread made you will copy that ulr (the web address like http:// blah blah blah)

Then, you go to edit your signature and you would write the words "click here" (or whatever text you want to be clickable) and then highlight them. Once they are highlighted you will click the little icon that looks like the earth...a box will pop up and you will paste your ulr (that Webkinz Insider - Webkinz World Cheats, Codes, and Recipes! blah blah) into that box and then you'll hit save....sounds complicated but just take it once step at a time...You'll be a pro in no time!

Good luck!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
ants more

No, the file is not something that already exists in/on WI. It is a file made by my friend, another WI member, that she emailed to me.

So, how do I put the file on a thread? Forgive me, I feel REALLY stupid asking all these questions..... Please bear with me!!! I REALLY appreciate the help!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

No problem at all!

To attach a file to a post you just click that paperclip icon (if you don't see it, you have to "go advanced" and then you'll see more options come up) then you can browse for the file you'd like to attach...

In theory, you could even just go to your first post of this thread and modify it, and just attach it to that if you wanted...or you could just start a new thread so that you can share your file with the WI community, that is up to you...

I have to head off to bed, I Hope this is enough info for you to do what you want..if not, I'm sure someone else could step in, or you could send me a pm if you like and I"ll answer in the morning...

Have a wonderful night!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
ants more

thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!
I have to go to bed to, so I'll try it tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Closed