Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
OurExtras
Gifted
maryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Unanswered: Spread Sheets for inventory?

I'm no good at the spread sheet thing meanwhile I'm trying to have a computerized inventory list of some sort, perhaps a check list of some sort.
Since we are going on 2 years of this webkinz addiction we have accumilated many many items and I have tried multiple different ways to keep track of our items....
always hand written in a notepad but after some time I get somewhat messy with the book and before you know it I'm starting a new notebook with a new count of inventory just for it to get messy all over again....
my notes always consist of the item, in what room, on what account and how many we have...
so today I tried to do the spread sheet thing and i can not even figure out how to delete columns yet there is an option to delete columns......
well either way I've spent all day trying to do this and I ended up with nothing...
my question is; Is there an already made check list/inventory list that can be found on WI? I tried searching but had no luck! I know many of us OCD people need to keep track of such things so I figured I'd ask; maybe someone knows something, right?

well thanks for any help!!
♥ mj

Quote:
a more detailed explaination of what would benefit me and my inventory best is....
say,as for a template of what i would like, or atleast benefit my inventory take... im thinking definitely 3 columns across.... to my understanding you can do just the template and i can do the typing/listing.... but just so you can get a good visual of the columns and such....
column A Item **Exclusive; PSI; POTM; etc...**
column B Quanity **number in total of that item on the one account**
column C Room **name of room that item can be found in**
all the rows would be large enough in height to write down multiple names of rooms in column C. *i'll explain column C shortly*

column A would be somewhat long in width and that's where i'd type the names of the items..
ex: | Amethyst Geode |
column B would be a list for the quanity in total on that item *doesnt have to be a large space in width*
ex: | Amethyst Geode | 5 |
column C is where I'd write the name of the room the item is in and how many is within that room *would have to be wider*
ex: | Amethyst Geode | 5 | (2) Spooky's Bedroom

because of column C I would be writing multiple room names. say for example i may have some Amethyst Geode's in Spooky's Room. Halloween Room. Screen Room.... etc...
I'm sure you get my point...basically i would need all the rows a little larger so i can fit the info in column C

now being the rows would be larger in height i figure maybe ill copy and paste the pics of the items listed in column A Items.... figure that would be cute and a great visual for my little kiddies! also will fill up some space.

as for what i'd be typing in as oppose to hand writting...
i'd type the titles of the columns....
Exclusive | Quanity | Room
i'd also type in the name of the item.
i'd hand write in the Quanity & Room

Last edited by maryjane73; 01-01-2009 at 09:49 PM..
maryjane73 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Spread Sheets for inventory?

I don't know about insider, but there is another site that has checklists. I'm not sure what the policy is for giving out other websites and maybe there is something here already that I don't know about.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
OurExtras
Gifted
maryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with gracemaryjane73 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I don't know about insider, but there is another site that has checklists. I'm not sure what the policy is for giving out other websites and maybe there is something here already that I don't know about.
hey there & Happy New Year!
what a great site! awesome checklist!!
now that i am viewing an actual checklist i think i'm more in need of an inventory list of some sort. this way i can jot down where and how many of an item i have.
i am going to print out those checklists though!! that was a pretty awesome find! thank you so much!!

take care for now
♥ mj
Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by maryjane73
my notes always consist of the item, in what room, on what account and how many we have...
so today I tried to do the spread sheet thing and i can not even figure out how to delete columns yet there is an option to delete columns......
What spreadsheet program are you running?

Jeanette Isabelle
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
OurExtras
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by J Isabelle
What spreadsheet program are you running?

Jeanette Isabelle
hey isabella!

thanks so much for replying!!
i was truly hoping that there would be an already made printable spreadsheet of some kind within WI!!
lol if i knew how to do it i'd submit it for all to print!
well anyway! im using, the only one i have, is Microsoft Works Spreadsheet.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Lil Kinz
njange is an unknown quantity at this point

I've actually considered putting this together. I will probably use Microsoft Excel. Most likely you can convert an excel file down to other document types though. I can only think of a few things to add, Name of item , what type (e-store, pet specialty item, curio shop only) maybe a column for whether it is retired or not, and a column where we can list the quantity we have. What other columns do you think we might need?

Ange

:gwolf:
njange is offline Male
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
OurExtras
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by njange
I've actually considered putting this together. I will probably use Microsoft Excel. Most likely you can convert an excel file down to other document types though. I can only think of a few things to add, Name of item , what type (e-store, pet specialty item, curio shop only) maybe a column for whether it is retired or not, and a column where we can list the quantity we have. What other columns do you think we might need?

Ange

:gwolf:
great idea!!! i am truly very surprised that there arent any printables out there for such inventory!!
great column ideas so far!!! retired or not is great... and maybe a small area to jot down when it was retired... maybe within that same box .
i know for me the note pads i try to maintain i need to know what account, what room i can find a specific item in and like you said how many i have within that room as well as a totalwithin that account.
....and maybe for those value die hards (me being one of them) maybe a column for the value.

that may just about cover everything i think!
i need to learn my column problem...
maybe ill try excel.... im computer idio.. i mean illiterate

Last edited by maryjane73; 01-01-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear

ask one of the mods if your allowed to give the name of the site for the spreadsheet..I think it's allowed but I'm not 100% sure..
A lot of ppl would love it..including me..
Trouble is offline Female
Closed