Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Lead me to the cross
Webkinz :)

coolbigsis is sweet stuff
coolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuff

Question Unanswered: Spamming?

Can anyone define spamming for me? Which is spamming=
A. *Leaves to go watch video*
B. I need a new webbie! *Goes 2 check 4 1.*
C. This is how webkinz makes me feel=

Help!!!! I want to follow the rules correctly.
coolbigsis is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Spamming?

I think A and C are sort of considered spam, but spam stands for Silly Pointless And Annoying messages. an example would be typing random letters for post count.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

It depends on the thread. On the DCT, those would all be OK. On MLIW, A and maybe C would be spam. Those just an example. But on a club thread, or a discussion thread, or a contest thread, etc. those would all be spam. But it really does depend on the thread. But you really have to look at each thread individually. If the owner of the thread thinks it's spam, it's spam. I think if you really don't want to spam, look over each post you type and think this:

"Will someone be able to make insightful response to this post related to the topic this thread is on?"

If the answer is no, that is spam, or off topic posting. If yes, go ahead and post!
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

To me, spam is posts without a point. Like ashoiashfaoihawoihawtoiahwtoiah or lololololololol or

Stuff that's annoying and pointless. I don't think that any of your examples, really, are spam, since all of them have some purpose behind them. However, all of them could be improved as posts. I think those could possibly be "fluff posts", but spam? Not in my opinion.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
This is Halloween!

Musicgurl has a spectacular aura aboutMusicgurl has a spectacular aura about

I don't think any of those are spam. Spam is like this:
Let's say you post on a forum where you talk about fried chicken.
Some random person comes on and say's
"Come to my forum! We give prizes out to people for doing great feats!"

Spam is like that.

Or it could be random things like:

I'm a kid, younger than 18, so basically, I'm a minor.
I'm checking my e-mail, and I see an e-mail (LOL, what was I expecting? A free Webkinz [Why couldn't I get a free Webkinz?]?)
The e-mail's about something I can't use, by law, until I am like, 18!(I wouldn't want to use it anyway, but that's beside the point)
I move it to my spam folder, and then it get's deleted the next week.

Or:
I don't have the ability to send texts on my phone. I can only recieve texts. Like I mentioned, I am a minor, so when I get this one text, it really freaks me out (Again, the message is about something I'm not allowed to use until I'm 18, but I still wouldn't want to use it anyway.).
I also got a text about using the lottery, and I'm like "what in the world?! Why am I getting these texts?!" Then my dad called verison, and he left a very colorful message demanding I can't recieve texts on my phone.

Stuff like that is spam

Your examples are like fluff

Last edited by Musicgurl; 07-17-2011 at 06:52 PM..
Musicgurl is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

As others have said, it depends on where you put them. Like saying "hi I like pie" on a gifted thread (real-life example hehe). it is very nice that you care so much to post this thread. Spam is also chain letters, and punnishment can be more severe if you start one of those.
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
OK Records!

okpo has accomplished something fantabulous
okpo has accomplished something fantabulousokpo has accomplished something fantabulousokpo has accomplished something fantabulousokpo has accomplished something fantabulousokpo has accomplished something fantabulousokpo has accomplished something fantabulous

Spamming is saying random things that have nothing to do with the thread
Old 07-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Lead me to the cross

coolbigsis is sweet stuff
coolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuffcoolbigsis is sweet stuff

Thanks for the advice, everybody!
coolbigsis is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #9

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I don't think those are spam. They actually make sense.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
Awesomeness

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

I fully agree with Tiggy. If the owner of the thread thinks its spam, its spam.
zappity is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i want to stop spamming, megan wuz here, you are beautiful!