Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Something I've been wondering about for a long time...are we allowed to do this?

the first one i do not know about but the second one i am positive that you CAN NOT hvae another account
JJ08 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Default Re: Something I've been wondering about for a long time...are we allowed to do this?

Well, I'm not sure that there's actually a rule about copying & pasting, but this is just my opinion. If you just copy out a post, with fill-in-the-blanks and such, and post it over and over again, to each WI new member, it'll make them just feel like a fill-in-the-blank person.
If you usually explain the important links and rules, then you probably can just copy and paste that. Just a simple explanation. But if you're gonna actually welcome them too, you should take the time to make that post unique, for each unique member.
So you could do like, one welcoming *unique* paragraph, and then a copy&pasted rules explanation.
Just my opinion on that . . .

And absolutely not. Members are allowed one account only, if you see a duplicate account, just report that person. (Wouldn't be such a great welcome, but it's in the rules)

Hope this helps!
~Webkinzluver321
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MNBert
Good questions, I always wondered the same things.
I'm not sure about the cut and paste greeting in the My name is Joe section. When I was new I really didn't take much interest in those replies(I had figured out where the FAQ was after the first form letter). I had one person actually read what I had written about myself and welcome me to WI from their heart, I was disappointed that only one person took the time out of 30 to
take the time to write someting out when welcoming me to WI.

Take the time to read what the new member wrote and reply accordingly. It means so much more that a pre written form letter.
MNBert makes a good point, when a new member takes time to add something unique about themselves, it's nice to try to comment on the information they posted. However, alot of users post "Hi, I'm new" or something like it and it is hard to ome up with an original post for every new user.
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #14
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

i don't think any of those sound right to me. that's just what i think. maybe the rules are different. i really think those are not allowed. so i wouldn't try them. but you can ask a mod (or admin) if you want an exact answer

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

to answer your first question, members do copy and paste post they made in the new section, mainly because they include many helpful links and lots of great info that take a long time to put together into one post, and they simply could not redo it every time. you just have to make sure you ONLY copy and paste YOUR post, and do not steal others

as for the second question, that is not allowed. espicially if the member was banned, which means they committed an offense, which means they hurt the good of the forum, and do not need to be here. maybe if they talked to a mod and truely were sorry, they might be allowed to rejoin under supervision, but i would still report anytime you see someone doing this!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
ell have a good day
Webkinz :)

Jenn965 is just really niceJenn965 is just really nice

You are only to have one acount on were band you should not make a new acount
Jenn965 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by gracie503
I like to welcome new members to WI, but it takes so long to write out each and every different post. I see a lot of members who copy and paste their post to every single thread. But I thought I read somewhere that we aren't supposed to do this. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Second question. Are we allowed to have second accounts? I'm pretty sure we aren't. In the Hi my name is Joe and I love my Webkinz! section I see a lot of "You may know me as (**********). I won't be using that account anymore, I wanted to start off fresh." And "I got banned before, I was (**************). I want another chance. I made another account". I was just wondering about this!
Copy/pasting posts is NOT a good way to try and get gifted. If you are welcoming a newcomer and you use that technique, you won't get credit toward your 50+ good posts.
I copy/paste my How to add pics to Post, but that is because it is a useful guide. That one goes without saying, but a Welcome post?? No, those are supposed to be your own and personal to the newcomer.
Under NO circumstances are we allowed another account. If you are not satisified with your name, if you are not happy with the posts, if you have been previously banned, if you are just bored...No, you are NOT allowed more than one account.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
Webkinz :)

Wingless Dream has a reputation beyond reputeWingless Dream has a reputation beyond reputeWingless Dream has a reputation beyond reputeWingless Dream has a reputation beyond reputeWingless Dream has a reputation beyond reputeWingless Dream has a reputation beyond repute

I think on the first one you ARE allowed to copy paste on the 'Hi my name is Joe' section. You are NOT allowed to have more than one account though... Unless it got glitched or something, but I don't think that happens much.
Wingless Dream is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #19
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by MNBert
Good questions, I always wondered the same things.
I'm not sure about the cut and paste greeting in the My name is Joe section. When I was new I really didn't take much interest in those replies(I had figured out where the FAQ was after the first form letter). I had one person actually read what I had written about myself and welcome me to WI from their heart, I was disappointed that only one person took the time out of 30 to
take the time to write someting out when welcoming me to WI.

Take the time to read what the new member wrote and reply accordingly. It means so much more that a pre written form letter.
that is a good point..it would be nice if they actually welcome you using info from your letter...even if they did do the prewritten "formalities" afterwards...just to mare the site feel more "homely"
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Question 1: If you want to welcome new members, it is better to right it out. If you are not a great typer, I would just copy it but change half of it. Like keep the links but change the welcome banner, the words, and especially... everything else besides the link!
Question 2: No. I think it is very mean to create another account if you got banned. You got banned because you posted wrong things. Why should you be able to make a new account?! Also, doing it just to enter contest grosses me out. People are getting greedier and greedier...
Emma8432 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
great questions :)