Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
I <33 you
Webkinz :)

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation Unanswered: Something I've been wondering about for a long time...are we allowed to do this?

I like to welcome new members to WI, but it takes so long to write out each and every different post. I see a lot of members who copy and paste their post to every single thread. But I thought I read somewhere that we aren't supposed to do this. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Second question. Are we allowed to have second accounts? I'm pretty sure we aren't. In the Hi my name is Joe and I love my Webkinz! section I see a lot of "You may know me as (**********). I won't be using that account anymore, I wanted to start off fresh." And "I got banned before, I was (**************). I want another chance. I made another account". I was just wondering about this!
gracie503 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

Default Re: Something I've been wondering about for a long time...are we allowed to do this?

I'm not sure people can cut and paste their post, but i'm not sure. The second one I'm pretty sure that is not allowed. Hope I helped Great Questions REP For asking good questions
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
GumDrops

Default Re: Something I've been wondering about for a long time...are we allowed to do this?

I know 100% we're not supposed to have more then 1 account. Many people do make various accoutns to enter contests and have more chances of winning.
When you became a WI member, you should have read all the rules and then you wouldn't have these questions! So many people just scroll down without reading helpful information and then have questions.
For your first question, not sure about that but you really shouldn't copy and paste. Maybe in the avvie forum where you're trying to get a certain avvie and o post in many shops, so instead of writing it out a million times, you just paste.
Hope your questions are answered, if you have any more, visit the FAQ or Rules tab at the top of every page.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I see some of the post that you are talking about, and I really don't think there would be a problem with the first one as long as you changed it up some to fit that individual and made sure that any links or sections of the forum you were pointing the person to were still valid. However as far as the second one goes, I am fairly certain that is not the intention when someone is banned and that it would be frown upon. I think that the best thing to do would be to flag it and let the staff decide.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

Hey, Gracie! Banned members are NOT supposed to open another account here on WI, so if you see that going on, definitely flag it.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
hy Is The Earth Roun

CutyPiePrincess is a name known to allCutyPiePrincess is a name known to allCutyPiePrincess is a name known to all

I think you are only allowed to copy and paste on " HI MY NAME IS JOE" Section .
But if you write " oh i can help you" on every single thread, well that's just plain annoying! *lol*

You are NOT allowed to have two accounts. If you were banned for a reason you shouldn't re-sign up, You got banned because you did something bad.

Hope this helps!

CutyPiePrincess :-B
CutyPiePrincess is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

Cut and paste is allowed when wlcoming new members to WI, as far as I know.
2 accounts is NOT allowed.
~Mariasha
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

For the first question, I'm not sure. The second one, I am positave about, 1 account per person.
jj887 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
ow, prizes are back!
Gifted

MNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledge

Good questions, I always wondered the same things.
I'm not sure about the cut and paste greeting in the My name is Joe section. When I was new I really didn't take much interest in those replies(I had figured out where the FAQ was after the first form letter). I had one person actually read what I had written about myself and welcome me to WI from their heart, I was disappointed that only one person took the time out of 30 to
take the time to write someting out when welcoming me to WI.

Take the time to read what the new member wrote and reply accordingly. It means so much more that a pre written form letter.
MNBert is offline Male
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Hi there,

To my understanding, we are allowed to copy and paste replies in the new members section, but they do NOT count towards your good posts to become a gift trainee.

Here is a post by Gingerly regarding the topic:

Originally Posted by Gingerly
It *is* allowed, to copy and paste your *own* post. It is *not* allowed, to copy
and paste someone elses post and use it as your own.

If you see this being done, please flag the post so a staff member can take care
of it.

Thanks all.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Closed

Tags
great questions :)