Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Something I Should Be Worried About?

I dont think its WI. In the past few days, I've been looking at the Warriors Wiki (not WI) and I would try to go to another page in the Wiki. But then it'd send me to some site called Jump.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #12
cɑıı mɛ mɑcƙɛɴziɛ♡
Gift Guru

canolli45 is a jewel in the roughcanolli45 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
I dont think its WI. In the past few days, I've been looking at the Warriors Wiki (not WI) and I would try to go to another page in the Wiki. But then it'd send me to some site called Jump.
Ahh i see.
but what else could it be? the only other thing i was on was facebook..
canolli45 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

There is another thread running on this subject in the 'Somebody Help' section. A bunch of other people, including myself, have been having some problems today. You are not alone.
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
Summer 2010

lilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I agree It happened to me just 5 minutes ago too and I just got a laptop Soo i dont want it to get a virus
lilac1999 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
Izzi

Filicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clownFilicity is cool as a bunny clown

The same thing happened it went to jump.com on my PC and it claimed I had a virus on m mac.
Filicity is offline Female
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #16
puppyloves

View Post Originally Posted by canolli45
Okay so whenever I go onto WI, its fine, nothings wrong. But today, starting this morning I logged on to fix my signature, and all of a sudden when I clicked "edit signature" WI closed and this website called jump.com i think its called.. came up! And it was about conserving water god forbid but it did this on my ****** computer, which it NEVER has done before. Ive never had ANY problems with WI before but then it happened a second and third time on the same computer! The window (WI) closing and then jump.com popping up!

But a few minutes ago.. I went to go post a vistor message for someone. When I went to their profile (**THIS WAS ON MY MAC(not the same computer as before(..SO IM KIND OF REALLY SCARED NOW..) an little box popped up saying "your computer is infected with a virus!"! Then, this anti spyware thing came up and I didnt even click anything! It started to download something but I exited it... Also, the box the download came up in was in the format of a PC computer (like that "Control Panel" box on a PC popped up on my Mac and it started downloading this anti spyware thing on there)..

Now.. is it safe for me to go on WI?

What do I do to my computer(s)?

UPDATE: I just checked the Apple website (www.apple.com) and clicked on "Mac", then "Why You'll Love A Mac". Then, I was reading and it says:
Doesn't get PC viruses.
Designed with security in mind, Mac OS X isn’t plagued by constant attacks from PC viruses and malware. Likewise, it won’t slow you down with constant security alerts and sweeps. Every Mac is secure right out of the box, so you can safely go about your work — or play — without interruption.
NO WAY!! MY COMPUTER IS DOING THE SAME!!! I WAS GOING TO OPEN UP A THREAD - I'm using a different browser now, but it still has the same effect!! My dad said it was a Spoof - I'm not so sure....

~Ithildin

Okay, dude, I checked out the "SOMEBODY HELP!" section, and there is a bunch of help there. Here is what Admin pot up at the top http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-cache-534364/ hth!!

~Ithildin

Last edited by puppyloves; 01-21-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Old 01-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #17

-fireflies is just really nice-fireflies is just really nice

I've gotten that "virus" message before, sometimes it's just a fake pop-up.
Also that happened to me with WI, I went to WI and then all of a sudden it re-directed me to a different website but It wouldn't allow me to go on it, it let me go back to WI, it said it was a "phishing" website or whatever.
-fireflies is offline Female
Old 01-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
cɑıı mɛ mɑcƙɛɴziɛ♡
Gift Guru

canolli45 is a jewel in the roughcanolli45 is a jewel in the rough

Glad to know im not alone! nothing else has happened since then, i have cleared cache and cookies and everything on my mac and removed the "virus scan" from my downloadds to the trash and emptied my trash. not sure if it is all okay yet?
canolli45 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #19
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Justin said he is working with the ad company and they are working on it, and stuff. Just to let you know, a WI2 subscription really helps because no ads appear, but I am not sure if you yourself can get one, good luck!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

This should have been resolved this afternoon, according to the ad company, so I re-enabled it. Can you all confirm that you are still getting redirected as of this afternoon? If so, I need to start working with them again. It goes to jump.com?
Justin is offline Male
Closed