Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Answered: Something bad on WI (Image Shack)

This might not be the right place to post this but I need to put it somewhere.

I use zonealarm extreme as my computer protection and while I was reading a thread here zonealarm blocked the page and gave me a warning. I'm going to post a picture of it here so you can read it for yourself. It wasn't the typical warning that you get from zonealarm it actually blocked the whole site.

Once before I got a redirect from my ISP (qwest) stating that they were suspending my internet service because I had received a bot. The redirected page was WI. I ended up needing to replace a computer because the bot could not be removed by me or anyone that I know and the cost of professional removal rivaled the cost of a new computer.

I'm not blaming WI, I think it's from the ads rather than this site but I think the problem needs to be addressed. I know that some people were getting a fake redirect and that redirect contained a virus but what I had was not a virus and the redirect that I got was authentic. My internet service was suspended because of it. It's something that my ISP does in an attempt to stop the spread of malicious activity.

The editing on my screen shot is to hide the other websites that I typically keep open. None of them are "bad" sites but I wouldn't want to advertise other websites without permission. I typically leave several tabs open and I occasionally go through and refresh them, which is how I knew that the bot I got happened on this site. Of the 6 tabs that I typically keep open only WI was redirected by my ISP.

I'm not trying to cause a panic or give anyone an unnecessary headache. I would like to help find a way to keep one of my favorite sites clean and friendly. I believe that the people running WI would like the same thing.

If it helps at all it was exactly 7:51 central time when it happened, and as you can see from the top of my screenshot I was reading a thread on the general messageboard titled Webkinz characters....Separated at Birth! There was one ad showing through on the left after the rest of the site was blocked. It was for Toyota national sales event, but I really couldn't say if that was the ad that caused the problem. I'm just trying to give as much information as I can.

Just to make things perfectly clear, I'm not blaming WI for the loss of my other computer or for intentionally spreading malicious software. My only intention is to help rid the site of the bad things that are going on.

Attachment 208462

I just had the same thing happen again while viewing the same thread. The time was 9:06 central time.

I hate to keep bringing this up but I think that I have figured out a potential source of some problems. I was viewing a picture on here and I received another warning from zonealarm. I clicked the "learn more" option on the warning and I noticed that it was actually warning me about the image hosting site rather than WI. Is it possible that some of our images are being corrupted? Now that I think of it, it only happened yesterday on a thread with an image that was being hosted off of our site.

I'm going to try looking at that image again to see if I get the same warning again so I can post a picture. Even though no one seems to notice what I'm writing I still think that it is something that should be addressed.

The image came from this thread and the warning is talking about imageshack. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...y-pack-623546/

I really hope that someone will look at this issue.

Last edited by Copious; 12-08-2010 at 06:32 AM..
Copious is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by FIA
I'm sorry, but since Webkinz Insider doesn't have any association with Image Shack, there's not much we can do. For some reason your anti-virus program has identified Image Shack as a threat. If you have questions as to why that is, you'll need to contact the program's manufacturer.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Something bad on WI

I'm sorry, but since Webkinz Insider doesn't have any association with Image Shack, there's not much we can do. For some reason your anti-virus program has identified Image Shack as a threat. If you have questions as to why that is, you'll need to contact the program's manufacturer.
FIA is offline Female
Closed