Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

Default Answered: someone please help... its kinda urgent..??

I'm home schooled, I've been struggling with the same issue for a long time now.. School. There are lots of things I want to do in a day, but as soon as I wake up Its off to my computer for school. But because I do my school in my house, there are so many distractions. My biggest distraction right now is a book. My friend lent me a book and I can't get enough of it, so whenever I try to do school I can't concentrate. I just wish I was reading my book or just doing something else. I also have the temptation of the internet (and WI) being just a few clicks away from my school. Some people might say Well just get school done quick then you can read, but its not like that. When I'm done my school I have to do a heap load of chores, and read 4 chapters of my bible before I can do anything. If just feels like my school is a waste of my life, because I don't really learn anything. I rush through it so fast and don't pay attention, just because I want to get it over with. Can anyone give me tips on how to get everything done quickly but still get it done right?
Best Answer - Posted by Serena
View Post Originally Posted by Serena
Hello cocotruper,
You sound like a very thoughtful person who is doing their best to find a balance between what you want to do most, and what is being expected of you. Congratulations on being concerned about finding that balance. Finding a good balance for yourself is not always easy.
You may not see school work as important right now, or even chores, but trust me, you are learning skills and attitudes that will most likely be used throughout your life. If you can work out a way to find that balance now, things will be easier for you in the future. Maybe you can think of the things you like to do best as rewards for doing the things you like least. That is how I have handled this sort of thing, and it has worked well for me throughout my life.
I admire the responsible and thoughtful way that you are dealing with this.
... and, if you haven't talked with your parents/caregivers about this in a calm way when you're not upset, I think that would be a good idea.
Good luck!!
View Post Originally Posted by cocotruper
Thanks for the advice, this will come in handy some time, maybe even today. This really helped, thanks!
You are most welcome, cocotruper. I truly hope that it helps you.
I modifed my original post, which doesn't show up on your quote, because I was modifying it as you sent your reply. Please notice the last sentence, in the above quote... worth a try...
Again, good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: someone please help...

Hello cocotruper,
You sound like a very thoughtful person who is doing their best to find a balance between what you want to do most, and what is being expected of you. Congratulations on being concerned about finding that balance. Finding a good balance for yourself is not always easy.
You may not see school work as important right now, or even chores, but trust me, you are learning skills and attitudes that will most likely be used throughout your life. If you can work out a way to find that balance now, things will be easier for you in the future. Maybe you can think of the things you like to do best as rewards for doing the things you like least. That is how I have handled this sort of thing, and it has worked well for me throughout my life.
... and, if you haven't talked with your parents/caregivers about this in a calm way when you're not upset, I think that would be a good idea.
Good luck!!

Last edited by Serena; 03-10-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Serena is offline Female
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #3

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

Hello cocotruper,
Good luck!!
Thanks for the advice, this will come in handy some time, maybe even today. This really helped, thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Hello cocotruper,
Good luck!!
View Post Originally Posted by cocotruper
I modifed my original post, which doesn't show up on your quote, because I was modifying it as you sent your reply. Please notice the last sentence, in the above quote... worth a try...
Again, good luck.
Serena is offline Female
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Re: someone please help... its kinda urgent..??

Serena is right that your note is thoughtful.

A few practical suggestions.

1) If your school work is such that it is not challenging. . . make it challenging. (Yes, when I was in high school, and band was sooo easy, I would turn my music upside down and see if I could still read it! LOL) Sometimes taking a boring assignment and taking a little time to look up the history of the words in the assignment or the people in it will help you remember the material better and learn it better. (And maybe your assignment aren't challenging enough!) It's difficult to believe but almost anything can be made interesting if you dig deep enough into it.

2) Some educators would disagree, but I think it is good to read, listen, and write all your assignments. So, if you are given an assignment to read something, it may help to write down a little bit of what you think you read on scrap paper. Or if you are allowed, get a voice reader, and read the section silent first, and then let the computer read it to you. (This is very easy with a pdf file because recent adobe software has a voice voice reader installed in it.) Likewise, if you are typing something, make the computer read it back to you if you are able/allowed to install/find a voice reader.

Good luck to you!
curiousg is offline Female
Old 03-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #6

Default Re: someone please help... its kinda urgent..??

Again, good luck.
I looked at your modified post and I think I will do that too, thanks so much.
View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
Serena is right that your note is thoughtful.

A few practical suggestions.

1) If your school work is such that it is not challenging. . . make it challenging. (Yes, when I was in high school, and band was sooo easy, I would turn my music upside down and see if I could still read it! LOL) Sometimes taking a boring assignment and taking a little time to look up the history of the words in the assignment or the people in it will help you remember the material better and learn it better. (And maybe your assignment aren't challenging enough!) It's difficult to believe but almost anything can be made interesting if you dig deep enough into it.

2) Some educators would disagree, but I think it is good to read, listen, and write all your assignments. So, if you are given an assignment to read something, it may help to write down a little bit of what you think you read on scrap paper. Or if you are allowed, get a voice reader, and read the section silent first, and then let the computer read it to you. (This is very easy with a pdf file because recent adobe software has a voice voice reader installed in it.) Likewise, if you are typing something, make the computer read it back to you if you are able/allowed to install/find a voice reader.

Good luck to you!
I will definitely take these into consideration. Thanks so much for the advice!
Closed