Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Question Unanswered: some questions about the new estore setup

i have a few questions i dont understand about the new estore setup, if anyone knows the answers...............

first, i know they asked for a four number security code, but so far they have not even asked me for mine when i purchase something, so what is it for? has anyone had to use their code for any reason since they asked for it? im confused now why they wanted it if they dont ask for it.

second, when you want to transfer points to an acct it asks for the password of the acct....... why do they need that? im uncomfortable giving that out, i just want to know why they need that................ also, has anyone used this feature and does it work smoothly??? because it seems like it could work great....................

third, does anyone ever have the estore suddenly go into a google search page when you change pages or areas, or get an 'oooooooooops, error' page when you sign in? its really weird and has been going on for awhile and it makes me wonder if its only happening to me and if that it something i need to tell them about......................

thank you, who ever has any input..............
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: some questions about the new estore setup

is anyone having these issues or questions with the estore? because its getting hard to keep up with it, or figure out the new rules......... i feel like im the only one!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #3

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
is anyone having these issues or questions with the estore? because its getting hard to keep up with it, or figure out the new rules......... i feel like im the only one!
I used the E-Store to-day. I logged in and it didn't ask me for a security code. I haven't had any problems with it. I would probably call, because you do have personal and credit card info in there. It's better to be safe than sorry. I wish I could be more help.
kirtoglou is offline Female
Old 11-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

first, i know they asked for a four number security code, but so far they have not even asked me for mine when i purchase something, so what is it for? has anyone had to use their code for any reason since they asked for it? im confused now why they wanted it if they dont ask for it.

Log in, go to manage account and double check you haven't already put your pin in. I don't ever remember seeing anything asking me for my pin number or asking for me to put a pin number in but when I checked I had apparently entered one already. I haven't had to use my pin for anything, I would imagine it is for added security when you want to edit your account without logging in (forgot password or something like that)

second, when you want to transfer points to an acct it asks for the password of the acct....... why do they need that? im uncomfortable giving that out, i just want to know why they need that................ also, has anyone used this feature and does it work smoothly??? because it seems like it could work great....................

They need your password just as an added verification process. People could have the same user name or close to the same user name but by adding your password they know they are adding the estore points to the right account. I have transferred points to my WW account, but I always leave points in my account at the estore too. At the WW estore you cannot purchase certain things like pets, charms, etc. So if all points were transferred and you decided you wanted something at the estore that wasn't sold in the WW estore you would have to purchase more estore points due to not being able to transfer them back.

third, does anyone ever have the estore suddenly go into a google search page when you change pages or areas, or get an 'oooooooooops, error' page when you sign in? its really weird and has been going on for awhile and it makes me wonder if its only happening to me and if that it something i need to tell them about......................

I have never had it to go a good search engine but I have got the "oops there was an erro" or "oops the page you are viewing is no longer available" something along those lines. I am not sure why this is happening but if you just click on buy webkinz things or another link within the estore it will take you to a page that will be displayed. I think its just a bug that hasn't been reported so they probably do not know to fix it.

Hope I have helped a little for you to know you aren't alone, I am sure many others are having the same problems

Good luck and have a good day!
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 11-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
i wish i was a

thank yu webkinzmomma! and yes, i have made a pin number and they asked me for that last week sometime with no notice so it took me off guard............. yet they have not asked me for it since then.............. i guess it could be for if you loose your password but its odd to me that the setup is changed yet they have not used the added security yet nor explained the details, only that it is for added security...............

yur explaination makes sense abut the password................... thanks, and thank yu for telling about how your ww estore points are set up............. for saying they are not transferable back once you put them in................ do you like buying things directly or is it much too easy so you spend more?????????

i wonder why they seem to have all the items all the time in your ww estore acct but on the estore site they make you check in all the time to see what is there.................

it is good to know you also get the one loading issue, the 'oops' one (you know what i mean, not glad you get it just glad you reported it here)..................it helps to know im not alone.............

but i think i will tell the estore about my loading issue because frankly it concerns me, i mean going into a search engine? how on earth does that happen? i cna see going into the ww front page or soemthing, but google search items??????? has anyone else had the estore go into google search items?

thanks again webkinzmomma
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

Yea, I agree, I think the pin is for when you have forgotten your password, just another way of verifying yourself.

As far as the estore points, well I keep about 3000 in my WW estore account and the rest are in the estore website. I like the WW estore only because they have cheaper items there, little knick knack kind of items that are fairly cheap (maybe 500 estore points) that go with different themes. Yes I spend way more in the WW estore then I would in the regular estore, unless I am purchasing something big like a pet or something.

Glad I could help!
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

from my own experience, when i tried to log in one day, it told me i would have to go through some extra steps. so i had to create a password (with hint question) and pin number. to log in now i only use the email address and password. i have purchased points a few times and it doesn't ask me for the pin#.
maybe they are not totally finished? who knows!
i have never had trouble with the page redirecting me. i seldom transfer points to my ww accounts because i am never sure where i want the items to be. it is easier to use points that way though since you don't have to enter the codes
jagular is offline Female
Old 11-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
i wish i was a

THANKS you two........... i sort of figured since it was easier to buy stuff fromt he wwestore that i will probably spend more, and i already dont like what i spend, so maybe i will make a personal rule to only put points in there when i want to buy a whole theme....... that way i wont overdue it on top of already doing so..............

and thanksfor answering each question jagular, that really helps me.............

i appreciate it.................
BASMAT is offline Female
Closed