Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Gift Guru

marthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Level 2 
Default Unanswered: SOLVED Need formatting help in a thread I created

I'm having the worst time with formatting glitches in my Gift Exchange. Every time I modify the main post and click "save", random line spaces appear throughout my lists. If you are Gifted, please click my bat to see the latest uckiness in my GE. Anyway, tonight I tried going through and deleting all line spaces between lines and then just hitting "enter" in case there was some weird hidden format in there from a previous attempt at indenting or anything. Then I still got random spaces. I'm going to lose it!

On a related note, does anyone know if I can create it in Word and copy it in, or does it mess up formatting that way too? I'm not looking for a masterpiece, here! I just don't want to have to fix it all the time!

H-E-L-P!!!

Last edited by commodore; 09-22-2008 at 08:51 PM..
marthaaa is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Default Re: Need formatting help in a thread I created

View Post Originally Posted by marthaaa
I'm having the worst time with formatting glitches in my Gift Exchange. Every time I modify the main post and click "save", random line spaces appear throughout my lists. If you are Gifted, please click my bat to see the latest uckiness in my GE. Anyway, tonight I tried going through and deleting all line spaces between lines and then just hitting "enter" in case there was some weird hidden format in there from a previous attempt at indenting or anything. Then I still got random spaces. I'm going to lose it!

On a related note, does anyone know if I can create it in Word and copy it in, or does it mess up formatting that way too? I'm not looking for a masterpiece, here! I just don't want to have to fix it all the time!

H-E-L-P!!!
Hi Marthaaa,

Your GE looks fine to me.

Which Browser are you using, and which version of it?

And yes, you can create your list on Word and copy it to your GE, but make sure that the font you select on Word is compatible with the fonts available on WI (see the selection of fonts available in your toolbar) otherwise it will not come out how you expect it to.
commodore is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Gift Guru

marthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Level 2 

Thanks for replying, Commodore! I am using IE 7. If you look on my "Wants" List, do you not see extra spaces between items in my POTM category and PSI category? No matter how much I delete those, they reappear! Some of them that I delete do disappear. Sometimes I can edit one thing up top and then spaces appear elsewhere down below.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Thanks for replying, Commodore! I am using IE 7. If you look on my "Wants" List, do you not see extra spaces between items in my POTM category and PSI category? No matter how much I delete those, they reappear! Some of them that I delete do disappear. Sometimes I can edit one thing up top and then spaces appear elsewhere down below.
Hi Marthaaa,

I see the problem now, sorry I did not scroll through your whole list. I happened on my GE too - so I did one edit at a time.

Would you like me to go in and see if I can edit for you?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Donation Level 2 

Yes, that would be great. When I first worked on my GE, I tried using the "indent" function, but had a million of these spacing errors, so I tried just using "center" for everything and thought it would go back to normal. I just thought maybe there were some hidden codes from when I first tried using the indent or something.

When you say do one edit at a time, are you saying just edit one line, save, and then go back in? I will try that as well. Go ahead and hack my GE whenever you have time. I won't go back into the main post until I hear from you. I really appreciate your help!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Yes, that would be great. When I first worked on my GE, I tried using the "indent" function, but had a million of these spacing errors, so I tried just using "center" for everything and thought it would go back to normal. I just thought maybe there were some hidden codes from when I first tried using the indent or something.

When you say do one edit at a time, are you saying just edit one line, save, and then go back in? I will try that as well. Go ahead and hack my GE whenever you have time. I won't go back into the main post until I hear from you. I really appreciate your help!
Hi Marthaaa,

Yes, I had to make one edit at a time, save and then edit again. I will now go into your GE and tidy up the list a bit for you. Will PM you when done, if you have any other instructions, please PM me.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Donation Level 2 

Thanks again, Commodore. Feel free to close this thread, then.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Gift Guru

Thanks again, Commodore. Feel free to close this thread, then.
OK, sure thing - PM me if you need me for anything.
Closed