Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
Lil Kinz
RainyDay81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: So what was the point of todays downtime?

First time here, hi!

I heard from a friend that there was some sort of cascading power failure at the Ganz server area, which ended up affecting almost all the servers. It took hours to resolve it, at which time the goofy down messages were being cycled up, and when one was put up with the wrong name, you get the "we're full" nonsense, instead of the 'server issues' thing. With the power failures, it took time to even switch it back up again.

Once the servers were powered again, it was primetime WW usage, and so the flood of people hitting the site actually brought it back down again. A lot of Ganz staff were working non-stop fixing the issues, and stayed late until it was done.

The 'please wait' feature is almost never used, and was used today to slow down the flood of people logging into the site, so that the servers could stabilize. As most people can see, that please wait was only up for about half an hour.

So, the point. None. This simply happened because Ganz trying to get themselves prepared to handle Xmas load and the building the servers are in had a power failure. It took hours because as I know it, there are over a hundred servers to take care of and fix. When they all go down like that, it'll take time to fix.

Unfortunate events that can happen in this wacky world.
RainyDay81 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
Bring back WNTM!
Gift Trainee

dazyandoreo! is a jewel in the roughdazyandoreo! is a jewel in the rough

I don't know what happened. If you need anything I am here to help. So I guess your right about the power down! :]
dazyandoreo! is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #13
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

what was gained was the new santakinz theme, which IS in the W-shop!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #14
dawn6767

dawn6767 is on a distinguished road

Those "santakinz"items have been there since the first. Nothing new was added. I read your post and got excited I wanted the table and chairs but nooo they are not there.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by RainyDay81
I heard from a friend that there was some sort of cascading power failure at the Ganz server area, which ended up affecting almost all the servers. It took hours to resolve it.... With the power failures, it took time to even switch it back up again. Once the servers were powered again, it was primetime WW usage, and so the flood of people hitting the site actually brought it back down again. A lot of Ganz staff were working non-stop fixing the issues, and stayed late until it was done. The 'please wait' feature is almost never used, and was used today to slow down the flood of people logging into the site, so that the servers could stabilize. As most people can see, that please wait was only up for about half an hour. This simply happened because Ganz trying to get themselves prepared to handle Xmas load and the building the servers are in had a power failure. It took hours because as I know it, there are over a hundred servers to take care of and fix. When they all go down like that, it'll take time to fix.
If it was cascading then all the servers wouldn't be down at the same time. If it affected most but not all servers then someone somewhere at some time should have been able to get on but looking through all the responses NO ONE that reported in here to this site was able to get on but maybe one person. Now if at least one person was able to get on then why not more, because obviously all the servers could not have been down. As for the flood of people logging on it was not prime log on time and in fact people were getting much more the servers down servers having problem whatever type messages than were even able to attempt to log in much less getting to page to input information to even try to log in at all. I also see no way that Ganz has a hundred servers because they simply run the site poorly the majority of the time between glitches and slow downs and please waits and log outs and freeze ups and all sorts of problems -- and a 100 servers would not let all that go on {except the glitches because that is programming there}. Also again if it was cascading then some would have been up while others were down so some should have allowed some people to log in but did not plus if all of them were not down, with a 100 servers supposedly, it still would not account for down time because it is not a matter or reprogramming the server when it goes 'down' because it's just a power issue so the matter is to 'boot' it back up, quite simply, and get it up again. As for them supposedly having to work late...boo hoo, plenty of computer programmers and others in that field constantly work 'late' and/or long hours, so why shouldn't Ganz' peeps have to, at least once in a while.

Please watch your language -Momma501

Last edited by momma501; 12-05-2008 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: removing foul language
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #16
Noslen021 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see a lot of more problems right now. They didn't fix or upgrade anything, and in return with got more glitches to deal with.
Noslen021 is offline Male
Old 12-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #17

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Re: So what was the point of todays downtime?

View Post Originally Posted by lawstudent
Is anyone else having a hard time with WW freezing on them? And I don't mean the snow.
YES it is still doing it and I get please wait about every 5 minutes now. THEN logged out. on IE & foxfire
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #18

Tallbear is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing I noticed this evening was the fact that most of my BATH TUBS weren't working. The pet could enter one of the various tubs, the water would fill, and then the dreaded 'please wait' appeared on the screen. At that point all I could do was log off. I tried it with several pets with same results. I even removed the particular tub to my dock, and put it back in the room. Further, I clear my cache several times a day. Anybody else having the same problem? I am sooooo tired of all these glitches. How could a company so large, operating in several countries, have so many issues? I've never in my over 12 years using computers ever encountered anything like it!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #19
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I've experienced something odd - not a biggy though - the back button on the exclusives menu in the Wshop doesn't work once I get to the Rainy Day window....not a biggy but still a tiny weeee little glitch lol.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 AM   #20
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Mine was doing the same thing. I opened an Asian account FINALLY after WW did come back up but now I can't even get on to play. Is anybody else having the same problem? I really need help I have tried everything I can think of. Other than sending a message to Ganz.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Closed