Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #41
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Default Re: SHOTS!!!!! Please help!

i'm a nurse & here's what i do when clients are afraid of a blood draw: i tell a joke. here's one"

why did the turtle cross the road?

to get filled up at the shell station.

so bring a joke book & have someone read it to you. laughter releases endorphines, lowers blood pressure, diolates the veins (makes them bigger) so the blood draw will be over quickly, & your muscles will be relaxed for the shot. i'll say a prayer for you. look at the shot as important, to keep you healthy, & the blood draw too. in the past 100 years, w/ vaciations, infant mortality rates have dropped significantly, & we're living longer now, thanks to these helpful medicines! God's blessing to you, & say a pray,, & it will be over quickly
momwhoplays is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #42
Nick Jonas is my
Webkinz :)
MrsNickJonas[♥] is on a distinguished road

Last time I got a shot I held my mom's hand the entire time nd just looked at her
I also thought about something that makes me happy
MrsNickJonas[♥] is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #43
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

KinzCrazy ??? You ??? Afraid of shots...well, I will be a monkey's uncle!!! You are the LAST person in the world I would think would be concerned about shots!
It must be AWFUL to be afraid of them. I just look away and sometimes I use a 'mantra.' You know, saying something that is calming and soothing to me. I know by the next day it is over and done with, so I just approach it that way. Find something to LOOK at and focus on. Not how that instrument is heading toward your flesh...that is the wrong thing to look at because it seems to look a lot bigger than you remember from the last visit. Deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. don't put it off, don't chat with the person until you are ready, just 'Git-er-done!'
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #44

csummergirl22 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I help you, PLEASE help me with my cell phone thread!

Take a book with you.
Think about your crush,
think of it as someone is just slightly pinching you.
Make a deal with yourself, if you stay still maybe you can eat a big sundae,
or see if your mom will buy you a big slushie or your fave food if you don't cry and you stay still during you shots!

I hope I helped : )
csummergirl22 is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #45
Gifted

Webkinzgirl427 knows the way
Webkinzgirl427 knows the wayWebkinzgirl427 knows the way

i hate shots too. at my last shot the lady told me to cough. coughing while the needle is in your arm makes the pain go away so you don't feel it.

I cry so much when i get shots. last shot i got i brought my pink google. then for another i brought my kangaroo and something else.
Webkinzgirl427 is offline Female
Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #46

mrs-nick-jonas is an unknown quantity at this point

YES getting blood drawn isa little bit worse but if u have to get that done--- dont worry about it! well shots dont really hurt unless they are for like Strep Throat or something-----but otherwise- u just get worked up over nothing! trust me!♥
mrs-nick-jonas is offline Female
Closed