Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

horselovergrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: SHOTS!!!!! Please help!

alright, i have the same problem that you have! i'm terrified of SHOTS!!! here are some helpful hints:
~think about smething else
~look at the ceiling so you can see anything!
~ don't tense up, trust me i had to get 6 shots and almost everyone i tensed up and they hurt, but the last shot, i didn't tense up and it didn't hurt as bad!
~ ask your parent thats taking you to bring you somewhere or get you something pretty nice for having to get your shots! that helps me knowing that i get a treat after my shots! ( my best friend had to get her shots and her mom got her a kangaroo webkinz as a gift, se named him ShOtS)
hope these help! there not as bad as you think them up to be!
horselovergrace is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #22
look up! ^.^
Gifted

horseluver2435 will become famous soon enough

I am a diabetic and have to go through 3 shots a day. The trick is to be calm, relax your arm, and try not to think about it. Bring your favorite webkinz to the office and give it a hug. Think about what you're doing afterwards or something you want badly for your birthday or chirstmas. I'm sorry you have to go through it, but, like others said, try not to think about it and it'll be over quickly, and you won't have the danger of getting sick from that disease/illness. =0) Good luck!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #23
~John 3:16~
Gifted

cjjperk is just really nicecjjperk is just really nice

I know, I hate shots. But Mostly get blood drawn now. I did a few weeks ago. Just don't pay atention to it and squeeze something nearby. Act like it's nothing. Getting blood drawn is creepy

---------- cjjperk added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by horseluver2435
I am a diabetic and have to go through 3 shots a day. The trick is to be calm, relax your arm, and try not to think about it. Bring your favorite webkinz to the office and give it a hug. Think about what you're doing afterwards or something you want badly for your birthday or chirstmas. I'm sorry you have to go through it, but, like others said, try not to think about it and it'll be over quickly, and you won't have the danger of getting sick from that disease/illness. =0) Good luck!
I am so sorry you are diabetic. I hope I never get it. I hope it can go away.

Last edited by cjjperk; 08-19-2008 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #24
beachcomber488
Gift Guru

jsebaker is just really nicejsebaker is just really nice

As much as I dislike shots, I volunteer to donate to the Red Cross , I dont just donate blood, I donate platlets. It takes 70 to 90 min. to do this but I think about the lives I am saving. It is only going to take you a few seconds to get yours, so stay calm and think happy thoughts. Be strong and it will be over real soon. Good luck to you and stay healthy♥
jsebaker is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by zebragurl2
i wish i could help you...
but i've never had a shot before.
my family is much different. we use things called essential oils.
never had a shot...but never had the flu, never had the chicken pox...all that stuff.
You never had a shot! Wow you are really lucky!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #26
jgrl594

i know EXACTLY what u mean! i hate shots i was mean to EVERYONE te day that i got mine!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

You have to relax.. I was tense one time, and they had to do it again because it didn't go in right... and boy was that fun (not). I'm a teenager and I still hate shots. The WORST part is not actually getting the shot, its waiting for it. I still cry and cry because im afraid it will hurt a lot (yes, im a big baby) and then i'm just like "its over??" lol... i have my mom hug me while i get the shot. she usually takes me out for icecream or buys me a webkinz if I get a shot.. good luck
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #28
koalababy1324
Gifted

Webkinz2012 has a spectacular aura about

I just inmagie it is something else. I had to get a shot this year and i just prtended that it was Edward Cullen biting and guess what it didn't hurt a bit.
Webkinz2012 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #29
Cutiepie124880
Webkinz :)

Cutiepie124880 will become famous soon enough

I'm the same way. I shake before I get shots because i'm so nervous! But sometimes they hurt really bad, and other times their not as bad. But I just usually try and keep my mind off the shot.
Cutiepie124880 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I'm sorry you are nervous about your shot. I don't like shots either, so I understand how you feel. In fact, I can't even watch someone get one without cringing myself. I saw someone draw blood in a movie, and I freaked out when he inserted the needle.

I read this in a magazine. Shut your eyes, and imagine yourself in the doctor's office, and that you are calm. Then, imagine the needle going in, and not hurting at all.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Closed