Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

Angry Unanswered: SHOTS!!!!! Please help!

I am VERY scared of shots. The last time I had them I WAS SHAKING! They had to hold my arm down. I'm not very good with pain at all...at least Candy is brave today.

Click the image to open in full size.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default Re: SHOTS!!!!! Please help!

Try to think about something else. Take a book with you, and try to concentrate on reading.

If you really get THAT worked up, maybe have your parents talk to your family doctor about prescribing something to calm your nerves beforehand...

Good luck!
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Bonsai; 08-19-2008 at 06:57 PM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
I luv my
Webkinz :)
coolhancat is on a distinguished road

This is how I got over it: you know it will hurt but it WILL be over (getting your blood drawn is WAAAYYY worse!)besides, would you rather get a shot now, or get very sick later.
coolhancat is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

I can't STAND blood getting drawn! I literally get sick from it!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
I luv my
coolhancat is on a distinguished road

I know, ugggghhh!
coolhancat is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
Nick loves me AND my
nick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of light

Bring a stress ball!!!!!!!!!!!!
nick*is*so*cute is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
pancakes 4 Phillip

Lhachwen is a jewel in the roughLhachwen is a jewel in the rough

When I was littler and had to get shots ALL the time. My trick was to look at the ceiling and make patterns from the shadows and tiling there. I was usually so preoccupied that the shot came and went before I had time to really worry! I am really sorry that shots are hard for you though and I wish you the best of luck finding a way that will help you to handle it better for your own wellbeing!
Lhachwen is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #8
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

There is actually a trick for this. You pretend you are blowing up a balloon. Do not make a fist or anything, stay calm. If you are not calm your muscles get hard and the shot hurts more. Don't worry you'll get a lolly or something afterwards
Old 08-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

I know exactly what you mean...When I was little, I had to get allergy shots every week. My mom would give them to me, and once, when I tensed up my arm, the medicine went all over the place and we had to do it again!! Needless to say, I don't tense up when getting a shot. Remembering that helps me not to tense up.

I have had dreams of shots chasing me...LOL...seriously! I just hate shots. They hurt! I like the ideas given to you by others. It will help me, too.

I just keep thinking that the sooner they do it, the sooner it will be over and I can leave. I also take deep breaths before they do it, and make sure my arm is relaxed. I then let them know that I'm ready. It helps if your Doctor/Nurse will be patient, like mine. I look away, too. Some people can't do that, but I can't look at it, so I have to look away.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
Flea is
Gifted

zebragurl2 has a spectacular aura about

i wish i could help you...
but i've never had a shot before.
my family is much different. we use things called essential oils.
never had a shot...but never had the flu, never had the chicken pox...all that stuff.
zebragurl2 is offline Female
Closed