Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

judyburk is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Seeking guidance on friend requests

hey, that's a cool feature that brings up similar threads when you type in a subject!

My daughter (4.5) and I are relatively new to Webkinz... She loves to play rock scissors paper against other people. Sometimes, after playing, she receives a request to be friends with her opponent. Should she accept these requests in general? Is it typical for tournament participants to friend each other? Or is this potentially a shady thing to do?

thanks for any help!

Judy (and Julia)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
I'm taking a break f

weeded100 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Seeking guidance on friend requests

It doesn't really matter if they're your oppendent! I will accept a few of the requests. I don't want my phone to get too filled! Then you'll never be able to find your friend!
weeded100 is offline Female
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
okey dokey artichoky
Gift Guru

zephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond reputezephyr has a reputation beyond repute

I have accepted them before, usually if I have played them more than one time in a row. If I haven't played with them after a while though I will just delete them. I was getting them confused after a while.
zephyr is offline Female
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
dsk8er

dsk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

It really depends on what your famaly is like. If you know many outher webkinz owners such as relatives you may want to have only your close friends. But if you don't know many people you poboaly want to accept that request. Normaly people would accept but I personaly don't like to many friends
Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

You can always delete them later.
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
anasmommy

MamaBear is on a distinguished road

I'm a mom of a 5yo and 9yo that play on Webkinz. They both are not allowed to accept these types of friends requests. This is to keep in line with our family's policy on Internet use.

On the practical side, they both have friends at school and church who are Webkinz users. I don't mind them having real-life friends as Webkinz friends. My kids are far more happy with the RL friends that they have online.

Start asking around your DD's circle of friends to see if they are on Webkinz. And in all honesty, I don't think you're missing much if you don't have any friends listed.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
keystone is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerlytoo
You can always delete them later.
I agree. My 4.5 and 6.5 yr old were allowed to accept friend requests at first. They didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by saying no.

Once they started getting more real life friends and cousins that have webkinz, we deleted the people we really did not know.

I also agree with the posters who said when your list gets long it gets confusing, especially for little ones.
Closed