Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #31
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: secret code

View Post Originally Posted by Huxta
When you click on forgot password, all you need to do is enter your user name and one of the secret codes you used to adopt a pet to the account and it will reset your password. If I were you I would definatley keep your tags out of sight.
Thank you for clearing that up for me! I will definately keep the tags put away now. I'm so sorry that this is happening to your daughter. I try to tell my kids, sometimes the temptation to do something is just too much. Even if you consider someone a "best friend", they may do something they will regret. It does make it even worse that it started after a birthday party.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #32
Farglesword
Webkinz :)

Farglesword is on a distinguished road

How do kids figure out these sinister things? I didn't know you only needed a code if you forgot your password. They should manage that better like by using personal information or a secret question and a pet code. The worst of people always ruin the best of things...
Farglesword is offline Male
Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

I think I understand. The creep who stole the code randomly calls ganz. "Hey, I forgot my password, here's my code please tell me what it is so I can get into my account." Ganz verifies the code is real and lets her in. She steals stuff.
Your daughter goes in the account, finds stuff stolen, and changes the password. A few days later the Creep tries to get in, finds the password changed, and again calls Ganz. "Hey, I forgot my password. Here's the code, let me in." And so on and so forth.
My best suggestion, and this is probably what you meant by the original post.. Is to try to have ganz deactive the stolen code altogether... Not replace (since I"m sure there is no way of doing that) but deactiving just the one code. Having it purged from their sytem. Since you have other pets on the account, you can verify the account is yours by providing all the other codes to Ganz.
I'm guessing that if they can do this, you might lose whatever special items came with that pet (if they haven't already been stolen) and maybe even the virtual pet itself. But a small price to be able to once again use the account.
So if they can do this, the next time the Creep calls ganz with the code, it won't even be in their system, so they wont' know what she's talking about, and won't allow her to get back into your daughter's account.
Seriously, I think this is the only way. Even if she gives you back the tag, she's already got the code memorized or written down so what's to prevent her from continuing to get into your daughter's account?
The language barrier certainly seems to complicate matters. So it's not like you can go to her parents. Plus, like i said, even if you get the tag back, she already knows your code.
Good luck and please let us know how you make out with Ganz.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #34
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

WOW thats huge call ganz and tell them!! and if you can't ask if yo ucan get your money back to get a new one!

---------- lilhorselover added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

thats so sad and discusting that people do that i mean what if yo uhad like 37 pets on there?

Last edited by lilhorselover; 03-29-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #35
Yea I am .....
Gifted

stlpeeps will become famous soon enough

how many webkinz does she have on that account? Maybe it would be best to just start a new account and send all the items to the new account. I know she would loose the first set of webbies, but she gains pease of mind and learns a lesson about friends.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #36
Good grief! I'm a
Gift Guru

beaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Try clicking on this site. It's a post that gives you contact numbers and names. Maybe this might help? I'm so sorry this is happening to your daughter and family. And to have started because of a special day of celebration as a birthday.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...d-t234202.html

Let me know if you cannot open the above thread.
beaglies2
beaglies2 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #37
Don't be such a

kitteylover is on a distinguished road

have you any clue who the guy was?
kitteylover is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #38
KSJCL3914

KSJCLandS3914 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sorry to tell you this, but I don't think they will because something happened to my account and my PSI was sold, but they wouldn't help. Sorry for the left down, PM me and let me know how it works out.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #39
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Hi! I was just wondering if you were able to get Ganz to deactivate the code and if the thief ever came forward and apologized?
I've been thinking about you and your daughter, that's a horrible violation of trust, esp. on her birthday.
Closed