Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #21
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: secret code

What do you mean by secret code? There is a password to get into the Webkinz world account. Is this what was "stolen"? Are they taking things from the account? If this is the case, then your daughter needs to change the password, and keep it a secret. If the other person is bullying her to get her to tell the password, then maybe you should step in, make a password up that your daughter does not even know, and log in for her. When she is questioned about the password, she can honestly say she does not know it because her parents now manage the password. Good luck.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #22
jmt1202
Gifted

jmt1202 is on a distinguished road

Hello! I am a mom who got hooked on Webkinz from my 13 year old sister. She had this exact situation happen to her. She had a slumber party and someone found her codes and stole one. After Ganz was contacted my sister was given a response stating that they could do nothing about it, because they are not responsible for what you do with your codes. My sister had to open up a new account because this so called "friend" of hers kept logging into her account and sending all of my sister's items to herself. One thing my sister did do to find out who was responsible for the stolen code, was remove all of her buddies off her phone. The girl then added herself to the phone to send herself more items and never thought to delete her name after she was done.

I wish I could have been more help and could have gave you a more hopeful answer. But hopefully things work out for you. If you ever do get a response in your favor from Ganz I would love for you to let me know so I could pass the word onto my sister and maybe her situation could be sorted out as well.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #23
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
What do you mean by secret code? There is a password to get into the Webkinz world account. Is this what was "stolen"? Are they taking things from the account? If this is the case, then your daughter needs to change the password, and keep it a secret. If the other person is bullying her to get her to tell the password, then maybe you should step in, make a password up that your daughter does not even know, and log in for her. When she is questioned about the password, she can honestly say she does not know it because her parents now manage the password. Good luck.
The original poster was saying that someone stole one of the secret code tags that you enter when you adopt the webkinz. As long as this person has the code they can continue to access the account even if you change the password.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #24
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
The original poster was saying that someone stole one of the secret code tags that you enter when you adopt the webkinz. As long as this person has the code they can continue to access the account even if you change the password.
??? I'm sorry, I don't understand. If they stole the webkinz tag from a webkinz plushie, doesn't that mean they can only adopt the webkin? How does a plushie tag get you onto someone elses account? You need the username, and the "secret password". I leave my used tags everywhere, should I keep them out of sight? I save them in case there is a problem with the adoption, and the tag says to keep the tag in a safe place, but I don't understand how they would get on to the account???????
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #25
danielgirls

Well you can call thier technical support number which is 1-866-webkinz and ask them. But I don't think they can help. You and You only are responsible for you cods. And People can't get onto an account by a secret code soooo....
I smell something fishy
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #26
Beetlebug95
Webkinz :)

Beetlebug95 is on a distinguished road

They can get on your account with a secret code you go to lost password and they can change your password with it
Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #27
Huxta is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
??? I'm sorry, I don't understand. If they stole the webkinz tag from a webkinz plushie, doesn't that mean they can only adopt the webkin? How does a plushie tag get you onto someone elses account? You need the username, and the "secret password". I leave my used tags everywhere, should I keep them out of sight? I save them in case there is a problem with the adoption, and the tag says to keep the tag in a safe place, but I don't understand how they would get on to the account???????
When you click on forgot password, all you need to do is enter your user name and one of the secret codes you used to adopt a pet to the account and it will reset your password. If I were you I would definatley keep your tags out of sight.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #28

dayz4thelord is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this problem. Nothing bothers me more than when kids have problems with a product like webkinz instead of enjoying it like our family does! How sad that a friend could stoop so low as to steal. What is up with the morality in this country. After all we are supposed to love our neighbors more!

You don't have to answer these questions but just ponder.

How long have you been in WW? How many pet? If you are newer to WW and only a pet or two. Perhaps start a new account? It might be a loss and your daughter might have a few doubles, but at least she would have a safe place to play. I know it must be worrysome to wonder what we taken today, but you wouldn't have to worry then.

dayz4thelord

---------- dayz4thelord added 5 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

oopss! just made my first post and I think clicked of the wrong post or something if my response to this didn't make sense! Oh, I am learning this whole forum thing! Totally new to this!

dayz4thelord

Last edited by dayz4thelord; 03-29-2008 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #29
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

Hi there...I wouldn't hold your breath for an email response...most of those are just automated anyways
Call them at 1-866-932-5469...
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #30
Huxta is an unknown quantity at this point

She has 19 pets registered to the account that was highjacked and 1 pet on a seperate account. I will be very disappointed if Ganz will not help us with this issue.
Closed