Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #11
Yo mama's a
Webkinz :)

Lydiebug24 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Sea Otter isn't underwater!?!?!?

I had the same issue!
Lydiebug24 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Asacardimus
Well, I suppose the thing to realise is that both the sea otter and the seal are mammals and must breath air to survive
Indeed, but how much time do these animals spend in the water as their MAIN source of food and mobility?
The seal can swim at birth. It spends most of it's life in water. That is how it gets from place to place. That is where it gets its food. It is just logical that a water room would be offered for it and the others as well. The Sea otter lays on it's back to eat it's food while it is swimming, yes it is an air breather, but because it spends the better part of it's life in the water and the young can swim from about two months after birth, before that the baby is on it's mother's stomach as she trolls for food..in the water! It should have a water room. BUT that is my opinion

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

I also should say that Whales and Dolphins breathe air and are mammals, too..but they have underwater rooms for them. I know, it is splitting hairs, but I think that water animals should have water rooms. I know that most of the frogs and stuff like that were released before water rooms were, so I can understand to some degree, but how hard would it be for them to program it so that they are available to people who wish to buy those rooms..I wonder.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 12-26-2008 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #13
Yo mama's a

Lydiebug24 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the above post, except for the seal, because they were realesed before underwater rooms. I wnat Lily (my otter) to have an underwater room, since they eat sea food, use water for protection and basically they couldn't like without water.
Lydiebug24 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

I think Ganz gives us an underwater room with the other creatures because those creatures live underwater.

Sea otters live in coastal waters 50 to 75 ft. deep and stay within 2/3 of a mile of the shore. The areas they live in are protected from the ocean. They spend most of their lives in the water but not living underwater.

They should have advertised it better. Showing them on their backs in water would have been better. Or even on the shoreline would have been better.

Last edited by GPX Navigators; 12-26-2008 at 04:16 PM..
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #15
Gift Guru

natalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to behold

Thanks so much for this post. We have been getting lots of undersea stuff through trades on WW and through the e-shop. We were planning to get an otter to get the room because my daughter thinks the fish are a bit homely. Now we'll know to go with one of the the homely fish. This site is such a wealth of information!
natalinkp is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hmm. That's strange, I thought the sea otter would come with an underwater room. Especially since if you look at a pic of it, it's background is water.

Click the image to open in full size.

But, the sea otter, (despite the name), is a land animal. I'm not going to give a full report about the sea otter, I'll just say that. Sorry about your disappointment, but there are other underwater Webkinz!

~Webkinzluver321
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #17
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

WoW thanks for etlling us it's not underwater. i'm sorry! that must really stink. Dixiecup is right! If there is no SEA in the otter than it's not a Sea otter!
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #18
I love being
Gifted

Angel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
Hmm. That's strange, I thought the sea otter would come with an underwater room. Especially since if you look at a pic of it, it's background is water.

Click the image to open in full size.

But, the sea otter, (despite the name), is a land animal. I'm not going to give a full report about the sea otter, I'll just say that. Sorry about your disappointment, but there are other underwater Webkinz!

~Webkinzluver321
That is sad news!!!

I also thought it would be underwater, due to the picture with the water bg and the PSI is clam shell bed that matches the underwate theme. What's up with that?????? I do hope it is a mistake by ganz that will be corrected because I agree that the advertizing on this one was very misleading.
Angel Mom is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

Yeah I thought it would be underwater too with teh bubble background, and the PSI especially fiits in with teh underwater theme
But, at least if you own another underwater pet you can still make your sea otter an underwater rooom, even if he does need a helmet

---------- paws added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Indeed, but how much time do these animals spend in the water as their MAIN source of food and mobility?
The seal can swim at birth. It spends most of it's life in water. That is how it gets from place to place. That is where it gets its food. It is just logical that a water room would be offered for it and the others as well. The Sea otter lays on it's back to eat it's food while it is swimming, yes it is an air breather, but because it spends the better part of it's life in the water and the young can swim from about two months after birth, before that the baby is on it's mother's stomach as she trolls for food..in the water! It should have a water room. BUT that is my opinion

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

I also should say that Whales and Dolphins breathe air and are mammals, too..but they have underwater rooms for them. I know, it is splitting hairs, but I think that water animals should have water rooms. I know that most of the frogs and stuff like that were released before water rooms were, so I can understand to some degree, but how hard would it be for them to program it so that they are available to people who wish to buy those rooms..I wonder.
well put, well put... but i dont think they have a whale,m do they? unless you count the orca, but i thought the orca was classified as a dolphin

Last edited by paws; 12-27-2008 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
paws is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #20
Hurray for me the

Penguinworlder is a jewel in the roughPenguinworlder is a jewel in the rough

The Sea Otter IS an underwater pet, only thing is...
It goes IN and OUT of the water like the Platypuses (Googles) do in real life, but Ganz decided not to make it fully underwater because it goes in and out of the water and it goes on land.
Penguinworlder is offline Female
Closed