Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
Wavbug luvs her kinz
Webkinz :)
Wavbug is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Scammers info???

Who do we send information to when we have had someone try to scam us in the trade room??? Yesterday I had someone try to tell me that the window in the W shop was a deer PSI and that the Dog food in the crown was the Webkinz Crown of Wonder, when I called them on it all I got was yeah hee hee from them, they were doing this alot and also were able to use what they called a "glitch" where they put their items up and hit trade and pull them back down.....to top it all off they were telling someone else they would show them how to do it for a Superbed.....I thought Kinz Chat plus was monitored??? I did get the first three letters of their name and WK ID for their pet though, it was a black bear so be careful.
Wavbug is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: Scammers info???

Unfortunately webkinz doesn't have a report catagory for the liars... I was told the goldfish food was a swimming pool... several other foods were also "decorations"...

Best thing to do is just leave as soon as you know they are trying to trick you...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
lilbrat1
Gift Guru

lilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Wavbug
Who do we send information to when we have had someone try to scam us in the trade room??? Yesterday I had someone try to tell me that the window in the W shop was a deer PSI and that the Dog food in the crown was the Webkinz Crown of Wonder, when I called them on it all I got was yeah hee hee from them, they were doing this alot and also were able to use what they called a "glitch" where they put their items up and hit trade and pull them back down.....to top it all off they were telling someone else they would show them how to do it for a Superbed.....I thought Kinz Chat plus was monitored??? I did get the first three letters of their name and WK ID for their pet though, it was a black bear so be careful.
It's unfortunate that someone finds this type of behavior funny! Sorry that you had that experience. There are some things that Ganz will not be able to control. However, it is still a good idea to report it. In the Somebody Help Forum is a thread about contacting Ganz, either by phone or how to send through WW. Here is the link:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t247012.html

You might also check out this link of scammers that have been identified in the Clubhouse and see if that person is listed. If not you will want to post as a warning to other WI members. Thanks.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ers-t8010.html

Last edited by lilbrat1; 10-18-2008 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: adding more information
lilbrat1 is offline Female
Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Wavbug luvs her kinz
Wavbug is on a distinguished road

Okay I guess I need to clarify the question, who on WI do I send the information to so they can be added to the scammers list? I can't seem to be able to PM a mod, it says they are not accepting PM's.

---------- Wavbug added 5 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

I got it thanks

Last edited by Wavbug; 10-18-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Wavbug is offline Female
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
YAY! I am a

40lillie will become famous soon enough

It is un-fortunate that Ganz is not moderating the type of info.Even MORE unfortunate they think it's funny - My friend was told her Cheeky Cat PSI could be found in the W-shop,and is much value as that person's 3 Almonds,You should get the person's info and move out it's a big risk to take.
40lillie is offline Female
Old 10-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Justmedee is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that the unicorn's the food item was a retired table decoration! It was very pretty, and looked like a fondue yes.... I fell for it Guess I won't trust anyone anymore!
Justmedee is offline Female
Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
Pixie is
Gifted

GardenCat will become famous soon enough

Here's the link where you can add them to WI's list of clubhouse scammers. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ers-t8010.html
It's awful that people are like that
Old 10-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
The Emperor
Banned
treknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clown

Yes this is sad Very SAD but the best way to deal with them is to ask them to wait for you to check the item if they are for real they will wait if not they run and hide like the rats they are, just have WI's item lists open while you are in the trade room so you can check quickly, I had one the other day tell me the Swan bed (from Artie) was a retired SUPER BED and when I quizzed them they told me I misunderstood and left the trade quickly and tried the same thing again on someone else, it just goes to show the moral fiber of some traders if they are willig to rip off young kids that way, I always try to be fair but some times some one will trade me something realy good forsomething less valabule like the other day I got a purple Lava for a Aztec sofa but they were the ones that hi ready to trade first and I couldnt pass on that one so it does go both ways at times, They probably think I am a scammer now,

Just keep at it and dont agree to anything unless you are sure you are happy and getting what yu want.
treknx01 is offline Male
Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
rickyfox

rickyfox is just really nicerickyfox is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by treknx01
Yes this is sad Very SAD but the best way to deal with them is to ask them to wait for you to check the item if they are for real they will wait if not they run and hide like the rats they are, just have WI's item lists open while you are in the trade room so you can check quickly, I had one the other day tell me the Swan bed (from Artie) was a retired SUPER BED and when I quizzed them they told me I misunderstood and left the trade quickly and tried the same thing again on someone else, it just goes to show the moral fiber of some traders if they are willig to rip off young kids that way, I always try to be fair but some times some one will trade me something realy good forsomething less valabule like the other day I got a purple Lava for a Aztec sofa but they were the ones that hi ready to trade first and I couldnt pass on that one so it does go both ways at times, They probably think I am a scammer now,

Just keep at it and dont agree to anything unless you are sure you are happy and getting what yu want.
Yes I try hard to be fair I do not like to trade unfaily, but I have had some trades that have offerd me more than what I was offering them and they hit the ready to trade botton. I do not go into Kinz chat, but in the regular trading room I wish there was a line that askes "Are you sure you want to make this trade" before I accept, if they ancer "Yes" it would make me feel better that the person is willing to make this trade. Mabye they are like me, I some times have alot of valabule things and I am willing to trade them away for something less valabule because it makes me feel good to spread the wealth around.

Last edited by rickyfox; 10-18-2008 at 07:29 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
smile beacause im
Gifted

webkinlover101 is on a distinguished road

it annoys me how people SCAM its mean and rude
Closed