Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
ants to move doors!
Webkinz :)

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

Default Re: Is it safe to bring 2 of my Webkinz in a pool?

I would not recommend it. Stitching can come loose with the extra weight of the water on the seams, and the chemicals in the pool (and the effects of the UV radiation in sunlight) will affect the material regardless of whether it is fluffy or fuzzy or whatever. At the very least, the color will be affected and the plastic on the eyes could be harmed. If you do decide to let them 'take the plunge', I would pick a white, floppy Lil Kinz that I wouln't mind being messed up, and be sure to rinse it out in a bucket of fresh water when you are done. I would then consider washing it with the stuff used to wash swimsuits (to remove chlorine) and then rinsing several times in fresh water. Then I would gently roll it in a towel to remove most of the water and set it somewhere in the open to air dry. You might also consider putting it in silica gel (available in the floral area of your craft store) to pull all the remaining moisture out -- just a little moisture will start to mildew and smell. In any case, have fun!!!

Last edited by Nereid; 06-04-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

It also ruins the toy in general - the stuffing will clump together thus your toy will be mishapped and ruined. I highly do not recommend this
CandiiDucky is offline Female
Old 06-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

If it is the stringy kind (like cow) I say go for it. Moo has been in the washer many times. With a pool, it has chlorine in it, so you may want to throw them in the washer when you get home. Moo doesn't go in the dryer though, he sits up top and dries real fast that way.
for the persian cat/collie hair type, I would say now cause they have different hair (though I have washed all types of webbies [even the pegasus crinkly feet kind] ) I just rarely put in dryer.
Have fun at the pool!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Like everybody else said put it on a board or something and don't put it in a pool i actually gave my peace puppy a bath and it took her a while to dry but she's fine now and she smelled good i haven't done it since that
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
ho Knew?

cg7gg is sweet stuff
cg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuff

I wouldnt cause sometimes it ruins the pet. plus i dont mess with my plushies lolzz
cg7gg is offline Male
Old 06-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #16

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

I partially agree with Girlicious, but in another sense I wouldn't recommend it. It should be fine, as long as they don't have long hair. Make sure they have either a sunny, airy place to dry, or place them on top of the dryer. Don't put them in the dryer, because the thread holding it together may become loose and make your webkinz fall apart.

Last edited by cocotruper; 06-04-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #17

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

Yeah my sister used to do it all the time
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
e want white wolf

WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!

I've washed my webkinz arctic fox in the sink before... Just as long as the water hasn't just been chlorinated, you don't leave them in for too long, and you blowdry them afterwards! It also depends on what kind of pet! I think something like a pig or a cow could come through better than a signature or a ferret or something like that!
WolfPuppy is offline Female
Old 06-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
Just a lovely

Vanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I probably wouldn't recommend it, but if you really want to, you'd have to wash them afterward.
I just looked over at a Webkinz tag (not the secret code, the one that's sewed on) which says surface washable... some members are saying they have put their Webkinz in the washer and the ones with stringy fur (A Cow, Elephant, Cocker Spaniel, Frog, Pig, etc.) turn out fine.
Vanilla3244 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

I would think, but the chlorine might take out the color
pinky719 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
lhl was here, megan wuz here, o.o <-- me, small was here :]