Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
bluesavannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Rules about room names?

Hi all
1 st post

Any idea what the rules r for room names? My kids can't name their rooms with the same names they gave their pets! If the pet's name is OK shouldn't "so-in-sos room" be acceptable as well? My daughter is so frustrated... we even tried the first three letters and it wouldn't work... cop(per), mag(gie) and Hol(ly)

Thanks!
Bluesavannah mom to Angelsoft and SIRPETER
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Ratqueen
Gifted

Ratqueen has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Rules about room names?

I think their filtering dictionary is currently completely messed up. I cannot rename my rooms AT ALL -- not just pet's names. I cannot even name a room "Room"!! I've heard of other people being able to name their rooms within certain limits, and others like me who can't rename them at all...

I hope that if enough people complain about it, they might eventually fix it.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Lil Kinz
bluesavannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Queenie
At least I can tell her she's not the only one!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Huskfan
Gifted

webkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of light

I tried naming one of my rooms Midnights room because that's what I named my black cat and, it wouldn't even let me name it that. I just had to name the room "Midnight" and that's it. Hope everything works out for you. You can always rename it down the road when they finally allow more words.
webkinzgirl24 is offline Female
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

cheerychick is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had the same problem on all 3 accounts. We can't rename it with a pet's name. But, we also have been prohibited from renaming a room with the theme name also. Like Ballerina Room. Nope...not allowed. Scientific Room ... nope. We have also run into the word Room being the problem. My daughter tried "library room" not allowed; but then put library and it accepted it.

Go figure. It's very frustrating!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
Dipman
Gift Guru

Dipman will become famous soon enough

Webkinz needs to start realizing some names aren't bad though. I went to name my turtle Franklin and it wouldn't let me!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
mrsumo
Gifted

mrsumo is just really nicemrsumo is just really nice

A great question ... and I hope someone knows the answer. I don't know what Ganz uses to check the room name words and approve them, but it is really ******* up. Like other people say, even very normal room names do not work. I created a Christmas room with christmas trees and stuff in it, but it would not let me call it the Christmas room.

I will watch here to see if anyone can explain what is happening.

LOVE WEBKINZINSIDER.COM!!!!

:chi:Ronnette :pgn:Opus Pachette
Old 01-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
sporty4144
Gifted

sporty4144 is on a distinguished road

I was helping my little cousin adopt a webkinz and the only thing i could name the room was 'google room' (her pet was a google) maybe try that for now until we can rename out rooms.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

Playgr0undPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone had mentioned in an earlier thread that they were able to name rooms with thier pet's name but could not use an apostrophe so Spot's Room had to be Spots room.

I couldn't get many of the room names I chose to work, so some wound up just being silly. My Christmas room is now just called Holiday. Not even Holiday Room. Just Holiday. How silly!

Good luck to everyone with the naming. Just look at it as a fun little challenge!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
Ratqueen
Gifted

Ratqueen has a spectacular aura about

Those of you able to at least rename their rooms something are lucky... I'm stuck with rooms whose names are just long numbers, or a Pet's name that no longer occupies that particular room. It makes it increasingly confusing to find the room I want to go to
Closed