Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

Default Answered: Room Party Question

My kids have been begging to do another webkinz world party so I tried to set one up today. Knowing that you usually have to schedule the regular parties a week in advance, I thought I would set up a party using the new "In Room" Party Packs. Since it's in your own room, I was under the impression that you could choose any time that you wanted to without having to worry about the time slots. So imagine my surprise when I got to the part where you pick your party time, and the only times available (in all color zones) were for Sunday Sept 26!!!!! All the other days were blacked out and I could not choose them.

So my question is: is this the way it is supposed to work, or do I have a glitch with my Room Party Pack? I was trying to set up the Pizza Party. I thought I remember [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] saying that you could even pick "right now" for your party? I didn't have that option at all! Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

As a side question: if you still have to pick from very limited time slots, then what is the advantage of having the party in your room? I know the packs are 250KC cheaper, but with all the big coupons I have in my dock, that's not even really a consideration.
acourt is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by aerogrit
Hi Acourt,
I've been to several in-room parties now and it seems that the set-up process is the same as for the other parties. There are a few disadvantages to the room parties - there is no cake or popcorn, and there isn't anything extra added that goes along with the party theme - i.e. there's no tea for the tea party. There also isn't any KinzChat plus. The only advantages I've seen so far are the lower cost and the thrill of having the party in your own room. That can be fun for the host/hostess who wants to take the time to make a nice room and invite everyone over to play fun party games. My guess for why you need to pick a time slot for the party in your room is that webkinz needs to coordinate the games and maybe that's the way the programming work. That's just a guess though.
I hope your kids have fun!
Aero
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Default Re: Room Party Question

I believe it it's the way it's supposed to work, all the other time times are already "reserved".
Old 09-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero
aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

Hi Acourt,
I've been to several in-room parties now and it seems that the set-up process is the same as for the other parties. There are a few disadvantages to the room parties - there is no cake or popcorn, and there isn't anything extra added that goes along with the party theme - i.e. there's no tea for the tea party. There also isn't any KinzChat plus. The only advantages I've seen so far are the lower cost and the thrill of having the party in your own room. That can be fun for the host/hostess who wants to take the time to make a nice room and invite everyone over to play fun party games. My guess for why you need to pick a time slot for the party in your room is that webkinz needs to coordinate the games and maybe that's the way the programming work. That's just a guess though.
Aero
aerogrit is offline Female
Old 09-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Gifted

isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness
isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness

I had the same problem today. The only day available for a room party was next Sunday in all color zones. My advice is to book a few parties in advance. For example, tonight (at 12 Eastern)Monday's time slot will open up. Book tonight. And do the same thing tomorrow night for Tuesday.
By the way, like you, I also thought the advantage to home room parties was having them anytime. My guess is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] did'nt expect the large volume of people booking parties at home.
isabella1665 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by stormypanda
I believe it it's the way it's supposed to work, all the other time times are already "reserved".
I thought the room parties were different, but I guess not.

View Post Originally Posted by aerogrit
Hi Acourt,
Aero
The kids always enjoy the parties no matter what, but I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait a week to have it. Oh well. I'll just have to keep planning ahead! I ended up setting up a circus party because the kids like that room the best. I figured if I had to wait a week anyway, then I might as well get that piece of cake. I wasn't sure if you got anything like tea/pizza/cake for the in-room parties so thanks for letting me know.

View Post Originally Posted by isabella1665
I had the same problem today. The only day available for a room party was next Sunday in all color zones. My advice is to book a few parties in advance. For example, tonight (at 12 Eastern)Monday's time slot will open up. Book tonight. And do the same thing tomorrow night for Tuesday.
By the way, like you, I also thought the advantage to home room parties was having them anytime. My guess is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] did'nt expect the large volume of people booking parties at home.
I thought [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] had advertised one of the advantages of the room parties as being that you didn't have to wait. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't work as advertised, but oh well. I'll just have to keep checking our calendar a week in advance before I schedule a party.
acourt is offline Female
Closed