Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Lil Kinz
hattrick3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Resize Webkinz windows

Hello, I recently acquired a new mini laptop with a screen that is only 8x4. I can no longer see the full screen to move around within webkinz or play. Any ideas on how to resize so I can see the whole screen.

I appreciate the help.
hattrick3 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Happy Holidays!
Gift Guru

Luvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no bounds
Luvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no bounds

Donation Award 
Default Re: Resize Webkinz windows

Wow, I am not computer guru by any means but did you try going into your control panel and changing the resolution? Hope this helped you.
Luvmywebbies is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I also have a mini laptop (EEE) and I have been using it when I travel. (I travel often for my job and it is just the prefect size!) I cannot see the full screen and I have been moving around when I play WW. It was kind of annoying in the beginning but I finally got used to it. If there is a way to see a full screen I would like to know also, but I am afraid that the writings might get too small to read.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
Lil Kinz

How are you moving around as mine won't even let me scroll down to access teh bottom portion to get to things to do? I am lost for sure.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Do you use a separate mouse? (I do because it is so much easier.) When you use the the mouse (or the arrow keys) together with the control key you can move the screen around. I know I was so frustrated and lost in the beginning and took me a while to get used to it. I don't know if the different models function different ways , though.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Webkinz :)
BumbleRules is a splendid one to beholdBumbleRules is a splendid one to beholdBumbleRules is a splendid one to beholdBumbleRules is a splendid one to behold

Hattrick I also got ai netbook (mini Computer and there is no way to get the resolution to be the size needed to run webkinz. I think what we are all going to have to do is all call or email ganz and let them know that they have to update webkinz world to fit the smaller resolution on these new netbooks or mini computers. I tried to play webkinz also and there is no way to move up or down. I actually got the small netbook so i can bring it and play webkinz where ever i go, but that hasn't happened because of the resolution. As more and more people get these smaller computers ganz is going to have to update the resolution. There was a thread right after Christmas about these new little laptops also so you aren't the only one that is having this problem. Please let me know if you solve this problem with the resolution size.
BumbleRules is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I don't have a mini laptop, have you tried F11? On other laptops and desktops it help to maxmize the screen. No clue if it will help you out or not, but I was hoping it was worth a shot
kayembee is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Lil Kinz
3mtots is an unknown quantity at this point

I've already sent a complaint. They responded that they know about the problem and will have someone work on it. I don't know if this is a generic response or not. No time frame given for when they might get to it.
3mtots is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

Cocoanuttie♥ is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't know much about Mini laptops, but i really would like to help. Maybe you caould ask one of your parents or something.
Cocoanuttie♥ is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Lil Kinz

I really appreciate your help. I have a seperate mouse and when I press the control key and use the mouse nothing happens. I can't see anything below the line which shows actions, mystuff and things to do. You are right this is frustrating.

---------- hattrick3 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

I tried the F11 and it helped some but I can't see below the line of actions, my stuff and things to do. I can't see how my guy is doing or anything below that line.

Thank you for the suggestion.

---------- hattrick3 added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

Excellent. How do I sent a complaint as well? Maybe if we all keep sending complaints they will resolve this issue. Another user reporting that we all need to pester them to fix this as the world is getting smaller and if they want us to take the webkinz with us and play, this needs to be fixed :-).

Last edited by hattrick3; 01-15-2009 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed