Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
moonchyld54
Webkinz :)

moonchyld54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Renaming Rooms

When I buy a room, I'm given an option to rename the room. Funny thing is that when I
try to do it, more often than not with the pet's name, I get the error message "YOU'VE
USED A WORD THAT'S NOT ALLOWED" or something to that effect. Anyway, if I'm just putting in the pet's name & I've been allowed to used it to adopt, how can the word
not be allowed? Recently, I have been allowed to use GARDEN & BATHROOM, but still no pet names. Does anyone have a clue what's going on with this & when, if ever, renaming will be allowed again? This is nuts!!

(my 1st & my latest pets)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Lakhesis

Lakhesis is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Renaming Rooms

Welcome to WI. It seems renaming rooms is a problem for everyone right now. Nobody knows for sure when the problem will be solved. I've seen threads for alternative room names. You can find them in the Guides & How-tos forum.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Gift Guru
lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!

It does that very very often. Nobody knows why. Although there are a few theories that the website itself has a dictionary, if an "apropriate" or misspelled word is entered it denies it. Therefore it has to be exact to be accepted. Try using names like Cat Room, Green Room, Garden, Bathroom, Dog Room, Happy Room, and Pet room. That's what is ALWAYS accepted.

Welcome to WI!
lulabell1219 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
ebbies Rock!
Gift Guru

aussierocky will become famous soon enough

I think part of the problem is not the pet's name, but the word "room". You probably got away with bathroom because it's all one word. The problem started when WW updated the chat area to help make sure no one was being inappropriate. You can't use the word girl or boy and usually not a number to keep kids from giving out personal information in the chat area. Hope this helps.
aussierocky is offline Female
Old 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
cutiecutiecutie

o0webkinzrox0o is an unknown quantity at this point

Webkinz is going over the edge. They wouldn't let my friend name her pet Buttercup because it has the word ''****'' in it. xD.

At least the KinzChat+ is coming back in 2 weeks. I emailed Ganz && they said.

Ganz would be better off using COPPA then the ****** wrod filters. And yet, they allowed "******" as 1 of my room names! Omg!

---------- o0webkinzrox0o added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

Wow, the word filters here are harsh

Last edited by o0webkinzrox0o; 03-15-2008 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
doggiegirl11

michellem13 is on a distinguished road

Mine Has Been Doin That Since December! Ugh! It Is Sooooo Annoying!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #7

lexie22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah this is a glitch that Ganz will fix Hopefully this helps ~Lexie22
Old 03-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
MiTerrier815

MiTerrier816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a glitch in webkinz world. I really hope Ganz will fix it soon. It seems to eb happening to everyone! EXAMPLE: I tried to right in "Lounge" and I got the message YOU HAEV USED A WORD THAT IS NOT ALLOWED. Hope I helped! If you haev anymore questiosn you can PM me!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
moonchyld54

moonchyld54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry it's been so long since my last post...Real life has a funny way of getting in the way . Anyway, I sent an e-mail to Customer Support asking about this renaming problem. They said that right now their dictionary is very limited, but that they hope to be expanding it very soon. I'm now awaiting an answer to my question of who is privy to the dictionary & why don't they offer alternatives rather than just tell us that our choices are not allowed. Well at least it's something & something is better than nothing???

(this is Uno, my 25th & newest baby). He was a surprise from hubby when I was feeling a bit blue.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
andmeg
andmeg is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad to find out I am not the only one with room naming problems. It's very frustrating, so hopefully there will be a fix soon!
Closed