Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
sweetpea312
Lil Kinz

sweetpea312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Renaming a room

Hi Everyone,

So I just got a second webkinz and it's a yorkienamed Lola
When I tried to rename a room "Lola's Room" they told me that I used a word that's not allowed. I don't have any other rooms named Lola's Room but I do have rooms named Living Room or something so I'm assuming that Webkinz has a problem with the name Lola?

I think it's a glitch because I don't think Lola is a bad word or anything, can anyone help?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

cutestweeone is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Renaming a room

I asked someone at the webkinz helpline about that. The maintenance on the clubhouse for the live chat means that their dictionary is not available. They are working very hard to ensure that no inappropriate conversations can happen in Webkinz World. Once the dictionary is back up you'll have an easier time of naming your room.
cutestweeone is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I have never been able to rename any of our rooms while still using the pets name. Awhile back there were issues with the dictionary and even simple things like living room, kitchen,etc could not be used. But that has been fixed now...for us anyways. We have several rooms named by themes or living room etc but still cannot add anything to the room name while keeping the pets name.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

I noticed when giving a name to a room they don't allow anything that uses a name. It's rather funny though because your first room is always named after your pet. If this room is going to use alot of items from a certain theme ...names like "Rainbow Brite" "Country Dreams" "Sugar and Spice" "Backyad Retreat" "Pop Princess" "The queens throne" great bathroom name, Those are just some examples that have worked for me. I know how it is. Good Luck and I hope this helped.
lauraanne is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Anything with 's will not work. Egyptian's Room will not work but Egyptian Room does. (We have a pet named Egypt and I had to name his room Egyptian.)

Bedroom is not acceptable but bed room is.

Some Pet's names work and others do not. (Daisy, Pyramid, Current are all good yet Spinx, Egypt and Brownie are not.)

Also, some type of pets will not work but others do. (ex. name room Cheeky Dog or Golden Retriever.) I cannot recall all of the ones they are but I was surprised when I could not name a room after the type of dog that we had. We had to name our Golden Retriever bedroom "Golden Dog Bed room".

Several reps explained that they accidentally deleted the dictionary when trying to fix problems with the filters. They were, however, happy about it bc some accounts didn't have much for filters and others had a lot. Now, everybody has a lot of filtering and they think it is better due to the threats that used to be left on children's accounts. (You know, the kids/friends who share PW and then get into a fight so they would log onto former friend's account and change room names to leave threats.).

As someone mentioned, it was worse bc they deleted the entire dictionary. They were adding words but it seems that they have stopped. Now they have a VERY basic dictionary of acceptable words. Supposedly, they will be making it so you can request a name that you've named your pet. Once approved, you'll be able to name your room after your pet. They've been working on it for over 6 months now. Don't hold your breath but it should be fixed eventually.

Last edited by RedBear; 08-02-2008 at 11:23 PM..
RedBear is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
MEH! ▼

OceanBluue has a spectacular aura about

Well usually when you get a room with your webkinz, it already names it for you. But try using something else like:

Lola Mansion
Lola Paradise
Isle of Lola
ect...

That is what I did for a couple of my rooms.

Last edited by OceanBluue; 08-03-2008 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: Changing a room name
OceanBluue is offline Male
Old 08-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
sweetpea312
Lil Kinz

sweetpea312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Akio2000
Gifted

boro is a forum hero
boro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum heroboro is a forum hero

We sit around as a family and try to come up with allowable names for rooms as a game sometimes. It is usually a extremely laughter filled time. It is crazy some of the words not allowed or in their database. We have one large room that serves as a kitchen and den, but we couldn't use those words. We ended up listing some of the appliances and furniture so the kids would know what room it is. We had to label the game room as the fun room a few months ago. Hopefully they will get it fixed. They really should allow any title.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #9

Squishy96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of my pets name do that too. You will just have to name it "Yorkie" or something else. They probly just dont allow it because of their strict dict. XD
Squishy96 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
Cooldog74

They are fixing glitches with that! For now I suggest you naming it something like Yorkies Room kk?
Closed