Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Rejecting Friend Requests

i only reject them if its a random people so thats why most people on my WI friends list are other members i actully talk too
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

I've gotten requests from "strangers" to...

Usually, if I don't recognize them, I'll start a conversation on their Profile Page (before I decide whether to accept or decline their request) thanking them for the request and then asking them "where on WI they found me" and what prompted them to send the request. Then I get to know them a little bit before I make my decision. Most of the time they replied to a post of mine or saw me on one of my "already friends" Profile Pages and just want to be friends too.

Also, if they left me a message on MY Profile Page, I just continue the conversation there instead of starting a new conversation on their Page.

But if I start (or continue) a conversation and they just respond with a word or two (instead of actually continuing the conversation) then I would decline the request.

That's how I handle it!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

I don't see why it would be bad. I mean if you don't know this person than you don't have to be their friend. I never reject friend requests because I like to meet new people but it's your choice wether you accept friend requests or reject them.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
Alaza

Luna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of light

I always get friend requests from people i don't know. I have never rejected a friend repquest, now i have over 250 friends and a ton of contacts. I usaully don't remember if i sent a person a friend request or not, so i don't feel bad if they don't accept, and you don't get a message saying they accepted. But if i send a person a request and it says 'friendship is still pending' i feel kinda sad, cuz they don't want to be my friend.
But it's okay to reject friend requests.
Luna_Lovegood is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #15
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

You gotta do what you are comfortable with. If you don't want to accept them, then you don't have to. I always accept all of my requests, regardless of whether or not I know the person. There's not any harm really in having them on your list on WI, even if you don't talk to them.

I know sometimes I send requests to people if I have seen them around the boards and I admire them, for whatever reason. Maybe because they are helpful, or they are well spoken, etc. So, maybe those random requests are just your fans.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #16

yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!yeahdudes is not just visiting!

I do to. I actually think it is a bit rude of them, to send them to people they don't know. Some person (not saying any names) posted on one of my threads and they just said "Hey people wuz up" and I though that that was weird because it had nothing to do with the thread and that was just weird. Also, this person posted on my profile saying "Hey well hi wanna be friends?" And I said " (put username) why do you want to be friends if you don't even know me", and I never heard from them again.
yeahdudes is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

its ok to reject them if you dont want to be friends with them. i normally accept them . i have to admit i have sent out a few random friend requests. thats because i have stumbled across a profile and think it looks kool (usually people with nightmare before christmas lol).

---------- ajoysmom added 8 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by yeahdudes
I do to. I actually think it is a bit rude of them, to send them to people they don't know. Some person (not saying any names) posted on one of my threads and they just said "Hey people wuz up" and I though that that was weird because it had nothing to do with the thread and that was just weird. Also, this person posted on my profile saying "Hey well hi wanna be friends?" And I said " (put username) why do you want to be friends if you don't even know me", and I never heard from them again.
sorry i have to respond to this. think about your real life friends. did you know them before you were friends? the answer is no. your best friend wouldnt be your best friend if one of you didnt go up to the other and say hi. my philosophy is you never know when or where you will meet your new BFF

Last edited by ajoysmom; 12-09-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
My Kids are
Gifted

lollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Just from my own personal experience, I have met the most Wonderful, Fascinating, Caring, and Fun Friends whom I would have never of known if I hadn't accepted (or they hadn't accepted) a Friend request. In my view, what are you losing when you accept the request? I feel that I gain, Gain a friendship, a pal or even a best friend, By the way, I do respect your feelings on the matter, I just have a different outlook on it. ~ lollie
lollie is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #19
snickerdoodle20

if you dont want people asking you to be your friend on WW dont post your WW user name on WI
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I think it's okay, but who's it hurting to accept? I always accept requests I get on here, because it isn't hurting anyone. Most of the time I end up talking to them anyways, I have made some really good friends that way. But on WW I reject them if they aren't someone from WI I know, or one of my friends. You never know if it's a hacker.

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 12-09-2008 at 06:48 PM..
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Closed