Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Gift Trainee

MissGoddess1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Refresh Issue - today Ganz told me by Christmas!!!

I agree with a lot of the comments made above. When I joined WW, a year and a half ago, I had very few problems: the site being too busy at Christmas last year, one pet adoption that didn't go correctly, the phones not always working. But ever since they started putting out so many new pets and so many new features on the site, it seems like the IT team cannot get all the changes in place to make WW function properly. I would SO much rather have a site with less features that all work correctly, than a site that has problems almost every day.

Now that "my page" has disappeared....AGAIN...I am already dreading what I somehow 'know' is going to happen. Every time they do something with my page....all my hard work disappears and I am back to being a lover of "fashion class." I have worked hard to set up "my page" at least 8 times now, and I just realized that I am the stupid one, since it is never up for more than a few days before it gets wipped out again.

I feel bad for everyone having problems in WW, and it seems to me that the main problem is that Ganz is more interested in making money than in providing a quality WW online service which is supposed to be included with the purchase of the WW pet. As someone who has over 100 pet, all the charms, figurines, etc... I certainly feel like whether you have 1 pet or a thousand, you should be able to have the online experience that WW has promised. I am very very disappointed in the attitude from Ganz over the last few months, and as much as it kills me, I have not bought even 1 new pet. I even cancelled my order for the xmas figurines. I am just not willing to give them any more money until they get the site running properly.

A previous writer here is correct...if this was a really company with real IT problem like Ganz has, they would be fixed immediately or they would be out of business. Clearly they could do better if they wanted to. Until Ganz and WW can show that they appreciate their large loyal fan base again, I will not be adding any more $$$ to their pockets.
MissGoddess1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
Gift Guru

Learned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I am pretty sure the problem is not related to Halloween, but rather to the "My Page" feature. My Page debuted the same time as the Halloween stuff. When they turned off My Page, the refresh stopped. When they turned it back on again, it started again.

The problem as I see it is that for some inexplicable reason "My Page" is a big priority to them right now, and that seems to keep them from wanting to shut it down. A lot of their announcements recently, including the front page right now concern My Page. It is mysterious to me because the My Page feature adds very very little to the site in my mind. I think they see themselves as Facebook for children. That seems like a pipedream to me.

I wish they would just remove My Page until they can get it to work so we don't all have to suffer for it.

---------- Learned Hand added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by MissGoddess1
Now that "my page" has disappeared....AGAIN...I am already dreading what I somehow 'know' is going to happen. Every time they do something with my page....all my hard work disappears and I am back to being a lover of "fashion class." I have worked hard to set up "my page" at least 8 times now, and I just realized that I am the stupid one, since it is never up for more than a few days before it gets wipped out again.
Oh, hey. I hadn't noticed this. I am actually really excited by this. If I am right we may not be refreshing today. I just logged on, and you are right, the whole tab is missing for it. I take this as a promising sign myself.

Last edited by Learned Hand; 11-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Learned Hand is offline Male
Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
Gifted

IYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to behold

Well, removing the My Page tab didn't change anything for me. I am still being logged out every ten minutes on the dot.

I think that saying Ganz will try to solve their problem by Christmas is only a way to get us to go ahead and buy Webkinz items for Christmas. I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

I do think Ganz thinks we are all a bunch of *****s and I am first in line, I do believe! I wrote a very serious letter to them a few weeks ago and told them that I was not going to buy any of the Webkinz that were on my list if they didn't fix it before Thanksgiving but now since they are promising to fix it by Christmas then I have to take advantage of the sales to get the good deals to save money so that I can have Webkinz under the tree!

What are we going to do if things are not fixed by Christmas? A GREAT BIG NOTHING!!!! LOL
Anyway.... I hate being a lemming!!!!!
IYQ2 is offline Female
Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Thanks for this information! I really hope it is fixed before then, and I'm glad that it isn't just me.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
Gift Guru

Learned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Darn. My theory was just dealt a serious blow. I was just refreshed as well. I am not ready to totally give up on it because who knows what is happening behind the scenes, but I am sad that it was not fixed when they removed the My Page tab.
Learned Hand is offline Male
Closed