Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
candies is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Refresh Issue - today Ganz told me by Christmas!!!

Wow! to every family as frustrated as ours about the 10 minute refresh issue . . . Today Ganz called me back and said that this is an issue they are aware of and it is the number one priority of their tech team every day. . she said . and I quote "The Problem SHOULD BE SOLVED BY CHRISTMAS!" That a whole month away. She said "better to work on it now than to have problems Christmas day" --- Yikes !! I've read on here people saying it will be fixed by the weekend etc but this is what they told me today. I sadly I told I will not be giving any Webkinz anything to anyone this Christmas and hope that they get it fixed sooner rather than later. The caller id number was removed.

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 11-25-2008 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: removed phone #
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #2

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Re: Refresh Issue - today Ganz told me by Christmas!!!

Hi Candies,

first off, I understand your frustration.
I am glad you got a ETA out of them, by Christmas sounds more plausible then by this weekend ; but we'll have to wait and see. I am glad they have a time line for this and it's a priority, I think we need to focus a little on the fact they are trying to fix it.

thank you for letting us know, I understand why you are upset, I was hoping for a quicker fix for those who are effected by it.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #3

Flippy777 will become famous soon enough

Hopefully this problem will be solved soon, I haven't noticed the problem yet but now that I think if it... A few minutes ago they said that I needed to log out for no apparent reason. I do know a way to get rid of the sign though!
  1. DO NOT CLICK "OK" ON THE POP-UP!
  2. Click log out in the top right corner
  3. Click "No"
Hope it works!
Flippy777 is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Well, at least they ARE trying to fix the problem, and are aware of it.
And, luckily, you actually got a response to your complaints, so you know that Ganz is listening and trying to fix things.
I understand your frustrations. It does get... well, frustrating! LOL
My children's accounts seem unaffected (for the most part) by the resetting glitch, but a third account we just created is resetting every 6 minutes. So I think a large part of each person's frustration can be directly tied to which server they are on.
I'm glad to hear that Ganz is still working on the problem, and will hope they can follow through and get this corrected by Christmas.
Thanks for letting us all know.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
hambone is an unknown quantity at this point

30 more days? Wow they set pretty lofty goals up there. Let's see, a ton of people can't play and it's pretty much business as usual. "Yeah, we should have it fixed by Christmas." IN A REAL COMPANY PEOPLE WOULD BE WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK TO FIX THE ISSUE. But we're not dealing with a real company.

Are you kidding me. It's already been over 50 days. Ever since they rolled out the Halloween change it's been booting me off.

I'm sorry but people that's your sign to stop buying webkinz stuff. I realize some are in deeper than others but it's time to cut your losses and face the fact that maybe Webkinz doesn't have the expertise to pull off a quality site. It's gotten to big to fast. The committment isn't there to the "free" side anymore. Estore has obviously come to the forefront. It's amazing to me that the estore is glitch free. Go figure?

What are we paying for anyway? If it truly does take them until Christmas that would be 3 months of glitches where you can't play a game, garden, or take a class. 1/4 of the year and they are raising prices.

Sorry, I'm pretty mad right now. My daughters used to love webkinz but have given up.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Lil Kinz
teenylab is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep getting the refresh every 10 minutes too. Mine brings me to the Charm forest, really weird. It's getting so annoying but I still try everyday to log on. All I want to do is play the new pizza game and not have the server refresh me. Anyway, hopefully they fix it soon.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 AM   #7

taikitty is on a distinguished road

The fact that Ganz acknowledged the issue is enough to have me turning cartwheels of joy! It has been so very hard to stay positive during this refresh crisis. I really miss some of the games that simply can not be playing within a 10 minute window like Goober's Lab.

Please, please, please Ganz, make it work.
taikitty is offline Female
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 AM   #8
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

So sorry so many of you are having so much trouble. I use Internet Explorer and have a minimum of problems.

The fact that it is taking so long to resolve tells me that it is a difficult problem. Do realize that any major changes in programming take a lot of testing and debugging on a website like this. Estore does run well, but it's a much simpler site. Not comparable at all.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
wranglergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree with Hambone. I've spent a lot of money on Webkinz and I enjoy the site but I won't be spending any more money until it's fun again. They are in business to make me happy not for me to tolerate bad service.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
Lil Kinz
Jen731 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by katrinasmom
So sorry so many of you are having so much trouble. I use Internet Explorer and have a minimum of problems.

The fact that it is taking so long to resolve tells me that it is a difficult problem. Do realize that any major changes in programming take a lot of testing and debugging on a website like this. Estore does run well, but it's a much simpler site. Not comparable at all.
I think what I expect is that if you have a major website, that when you do make an upgrade, it should work or you should revert until you can have it work correctly. If I remember correctly, this all started with the fall leaves & Halloween items. I can't understand why, back in October, ganz couldn't have undone the "new features" that caused all the problems and scrapped them. I think my kids would have rather not had falling leaves and Halloween items than a website that completely falls apart for over 2 months. That is what is disappointing to me this year - there is a rush to get new things on the site and the new underwater rooms and games and pages are great, but when they undermine the basics of the site, then I wish Ganz would just slow down and make sure things work correctly before making updates and changes.

---------- Jen731 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by hambone
My daughters used to love webkinz but have given up.
Yep, mine too. My youngest daughter came to me the other day and told me that she "hates" webkinz now, and I've never heard her use the word hate before. She is so frustrated. Just when she starts having fun, the site resets. As an adult, I can adapt, but for a child it's very tough.

Last edited by Jen731; 11-25-2008 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jen731 is offline Female
Closed