Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Lil Kinz
tableist is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Recent Troubles

You have been dismissive of my issue since I posted here. Why is that? I'm stunned to find such apologism for the shabby treatment of paying customers by ganz. You suggested I didn't know what I was talking about with regard to phone support. Try it yourself! You can't get through, and you know it.

What exactly is it you wish me to see on the other side of my annoyance? Their customer service is horrible. There is simply no way around that. The fact that you have had nothing go wrong on your account emphasizes and underlines why you really have no evidence to the contrary. As you have apparently never needed support, why should you be considered an authority on receiving it?

In short, what is it you are trying to convince me of, that this didn't happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
beccanae
Gifted
beccanae is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate that your daughter had this experience. My daughter has been playing on Webkinz for almost a year and only has had minor glitches. We feel really sad for the new users who have had so many problems and really wish they could see how wonderful webkinz world truly can be.

I understand the frustration as my daughter got me a polar bear for Chrismtas so I play Webkinz with her. I am having the same exact problems with him as you are. I also received an email saying it was fixed and it was not. I haven't heard anything else back since.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #13
Lil Kinz

Thank you beccanae,
I appreciate that some have had wonderful experiences, but these troubles should be a lesson, and a warning, to all, even who have had no issues.

The primary, yes primary problem, is not the technical glitches. The primary problem is the woefully inadequate tech support. For example, in the help forum, there is no way to report a missing item. The help section on missing items says, "you messed up" and that's basically the end of it. This is not a reasonable position to take.

For those who have not had any issues you should ask yourself, what can you do if you do have troubles at some point?

The support system is a total loss. If Ganz doesn't create a reasonable tech support system, I assure you I will never call webkinz world wonderful.

They should respect their customers, and they should provide a working method of dealing with technical problems. Currently, they do neither.

I'd love for someone to post a magic fix here and prove me wrong. That's, in fact, why I am here. So far it seems the only solution different from what I've already tried was a toll-free phone line that dumps to a message that says they don't take voicemail. My opinion is only being reinforced.

My older daughter is having a birthday this month. I've already told everyone: NO WEBKINZ. If she receives any we'll be returning for store credit.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #14
legalcat

Tableist... Im sorry if you felt my response was argumentative or dismissive...

You need a 4 digit number to get through to a tech support person. I will PM you my representative hopefully he is in today.

Be careful if you get any webkinz as gifts as most stores have a very strong policy on absolutely no refunds on webkinz even if the little part with the code isnt opened...

---------- legalcat added 2 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

Ack I cant send you a PM because you dont have PM privileges yet.

If you want email me at sorry, email addresses are not allowed and I can give it to you there.

Last edited by larkrose; 01-14-2008 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #15
kateygma is now a
Gift Guru

katey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonder

The telephone number does give you an automated answering system but if you leave a message someone does get back to you, usually within a couple of days. I have had a few problems with my families four accounts and every time I call they do get back to me and the problem does get fixed. Don't give up, call and leave a message explaining calmly how upset your daughter is and how you would appreciate a call back ASAP. If you stay calm and talk to them in a calm way they are very supportive, at least that has been my experience.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
Lil Kinz

legalcat,
Thank you for the info on returns, I didn't think about that. Well now I'm really starting to feel fenced in. I can't tell her not to register the pets if she receives them. But I have literally zero confidence that registering them will be a good thing.
The entire situation continue to appall me, not least because the damage is mostly done. I can't undo the disappointing Christmas for my little ones. It's enough to make you cry.
I don't understand what you are suggesting about a four digit code, but I will send you a gmail. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
legalcat

You need an extension number. If you have an extension number you can put it in when the voice mail comes on and I can tell you the back door to get a person even if the person whose extension it is doesnt answer.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
Lil Kinz

katey,
I'm not sure what line you are calling, but I am not being allowed to leave a message on that 866 number.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #19
legalcat

tableist, i just emailed you the information on how to speak to an actual live person, hopefully you can get someone who can help you. Let us know.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #20
dance like a
Gift Guru

twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!twinmom1998 is the cats pajamas!

Tableist,

I sympathize. We started our accounts shortly before Christmas and while our initial adoption(s) went well, my son did adopt one pet and didn't receive his items, money, etc. I got the same canned responses, and the same runaround as you have received. I'm sure Ganz is so swamped these days with support calls and that's why my e-mails and calls have gone unanswered. I'm not happy either with the situation, and I agree, if this is your child's first experience with Webkinz, then it will sour her opinion. Yours as well. This is what happened with my kids on KooKeys - always getting bumped off, lots of trouble, etc. They played with it for a day or so and haven't since.

I know Ganz is working on the problems. I wish I could say I knew when they'd be rectified - I'd like to know as well. All I can offer is sympathy and to say to hang in there. I truly believe WKW is a great place for children and when it's fixed will be even better than it was before...

PM me if you'd like to "chat"
twinmom1998 is offline Female
Closed