Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Lil Kinz
tableist is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Recent Troubles

My EDIT was so excited to receive three webkinz for Christmas. It was the gift she wanted most, the one she was the most excited about. I know you've all probably heard dozens of us newcomers expressing frustration over registering during Christmas.

The adoption crashed, of course, but somehow partially went through. Her frog was on her account, albeit with no items, no money, and no My Room. We tried for two weeks to get it fixed, and after never receiving any help from what is probably the most ridiculous Support system on the internet, we allowed her to try and register another of her Webkinz. This time, a lion. We thought, considering the "We're working on it" message that maybe, just maybe, she could enjoy her Christmas gift at some point.

So, we adopted the lion, and everything went swimmingly. Cash. A Room. Items. Food. She could stay logged in without crashing for in excess of five minutes at a time, a new record!

So she logged in a few times, tried some games, and in her My Room, the frog suddenly appeared. No new room, just the frog in the lion's room. She was going to try and enjoy this. We thought, let's buy a yard, that will be fun. So we go through the process, the money is deducted from the account, and guess what? No back yard!

So now, here it is. The fourteenth of January. Too much time has elapsed to un-ruin Christmas. And in all that time, have I had one bit of help from Webkinz? No! I recieved ONE email, two days ago, a month after submitting my first error report. It said "We carefully reviewed and repaired your account!" Isn't that adorable?!

The account is just as ******* up as it ever was. NOT ONE ISSUE was addressed, and I get a canned response telling me it's all better.

I see at Amazon that people are losing items left and right and being told the children are responsible. Is this how Ganz conducts business? They mess up, steal things that cost ACTUAL real money, from CHILDREN mind you, and then BLAME the children??!!??

I'm asking.

Last edited by mom2hnemi; 01-14-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: no ages please..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
Rachak32
Webkinz :)

BubbleQueen is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Recent Troubles

that is so mean AND RUDE YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WE ALL SHOULD
THAT IS JUST MENA MEAN MEAN FOR GANZ IT ILL HERT THEM BAD IN THE FUCTURE
BubbleQueen is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
legalcat

I'm sorry to see that you are having all these problems. Have you tried calling them and speaking to someone as opposed to just emailing them?

Unfortunately just like life, things happen and things go wrong. Ganz isnt perfect, no one is and no company is. I really dont think that people are losing things left and right and I really think that your going a little bit far by calling it stealing.

Obviously over Christmas Ganz got in over their head. They are still growing and maybe they didnt expect to grow this fast. I can tell you that since I have been a member in August, I have not lost one single item. Not one. I have two accounts that get used for a significant amount of time every day. My sister has two accounts and has lost ONE item since August.. we also have another half a dozen accounts in the immediate family and none of those people have reported ever losing anything.

I'm not saying this to make you feel worse, I just want you to see that its not all bad. I would suggest trying to get on the phone with someone there and work it out. Ganz is certainly not the first company nor will it be the last company to use canned email responses that dont solve a thing.

---------- legalcat added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

Also I just wanted to say that on my personal accounts I have adopted over 75+ pets and have never had an adoption problem. Twice I did not receive the exclusive item in the "extra" item box. Stuff happens. I didnt even report this to Ganz because in the grand scheme it was pretty insignificant. Again I'm not saying this to show you that oooh my account is better than yours, but I do want you to see that not every one wants Ganz blood. Obviously your account has had a problem since the start and it needs to be fixed, but, if you can get it resolved it will be much better

Last edited by legalcat; 01-14-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
ask for it
Banned
*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all*Posh*Becks*Paris* is a name known to all

you should call ganz. or email the ACTUAL ganz address not the webkinz one
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Lil Kinz

The kinzcash can be bought with dollars and cents right? And you purchase the webkinz to get the initial money? It has, therefore, actual value. If items worth actual money are disappearing from the children's accounts, and not being returned ...

It certainly does seem to be happening left and right, if the online forums and amazon review are any reliable indication, and I think they are.

I have tried to phone Webkinz and have not gotten through. I've had it ring indefinitely, or a fast busy signal.

As a tech professional I can understand that sometimes things happen, but this obviously a little more significant than merely "things happen". This is borderline fraudulent behavior on the part of Ganz. Their failure to provide ANY support is not excusable by mere platitudes. They should have tech support. The fact that they are not dealing with their demand should prompt them to hire more support professionals. They should be answering emails sooner than 3 or 4 weeks later no matter what.

This is atrocious behavior and certainly not excusable with a simple "Things Happen".
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Hi there tableist~

Im sorry, I know its very frustrating..its happening everywhere unfortunately.

Definitely try calling them and keep them aware of these issues: 866-web-kinz

I had my daughter pretty much stay off webkinz that week of Christmas and a lil longer because it was acting soo wacky, we waited to adopt her Christmas webbys and just adopted them about a week ago. It is frustrating but Im hoping they continue to increase their servers.
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Lil Kinz

Oh, I have tried to email their actual address as well. I fear everyone is now doing so, which means it suffers the same lack of support.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
legalcat

Well, I disagree but thats the great thing about free speech right. Youve been a member for two weeks. Ive been a member since August so obviously Ive seen a lot more of their "behavior" than you have.

Unfortunately as always the squeeky wheel syndrome... People report NEGATIVE things... rarely do people report POSITIVE experiences.

Ive never had the Ganz number ring indefinitely or a fast busy signal. Maybe someone gave you the wrong number. (I just called and got the automated system after 1 ring)

I disagree that you purchase the pet to get initial money. You purchase the pet to get access to the website and to play with it online. Who buys the pet to get 2,000 KC????? Obviously its a problem that you didnt get it, but its hardly lawsuit material. You have a problem that needs to be fixed, but its not the end of the world.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
Lil Kinz

legalcat, please don't incorrectly paraphrase me. I didn't imply that purpose of the original purchase was to get cash. What I said what that in order to get initial cash you purchase the pet. Frankly, your 6months of experience it totally meaningless. The fact that you've had no negative experiences doesn't negate my experience. It occured, it happened, without your witness.

I'm a bit put out that you would belittle this experience. My child is just as entitled to enjoy her gift as you are to enjoy yours. I'm not sure what your purpose in replying to me is, but if you hope to convince me that Ganz isn't treating my child terribly, you are way barking up the wrong tree.

---------- tableist added 5 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

Oh, and so much for the phone theory. I ridiculously got my hopes up just now, realizing that in fact I HAVE been calling a different phone number. I tried the toll free number that I saw here in this forum and got to an automated system.

Like every single other Ganz experience to date, this was a completely misleading moment of satisfaction. The phone number dumps to voicemail line, which tells you that they don't accept voicemail. Very useful.

Last edited by tableist; 01-14-2008 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #10
legalcat

never mind.. some people just arent able to get past their annoyance. Have a nice day.
Closed