Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
capeanne is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 
Default Answered: Really frustrated

Don't think this is the right thread. But, I wanted to comment on the front page story of the shutdown of Webkinz on Saturday afternoon and that thread was closed. Why is a thread closed, especially when it is new? I was frustrated with the whole idea of Webkinz not being available on Saturday. Why is this up to Ganz to decide when our kids should be out playing...as it happens, it will be raining all day Saturday where I live. I don't even have kids and I can play anytime I want but it's not right for them to decide when kids or anyone else should be "out playing". Every day one more person or entity or government group is trying to micro manage our lives and this is just another example.

I guess this frustration is on top of all the others. Like the bad fairy who stole my stars or the games becoming harder and less fun once they've been around awhile (i.e. Jumbleberry Fields or Smoothy Moves). Or all the other glitches that we keep putting up with. Including the games before final logout which have not been available for many days now.

I've been doing Webkinz for a few years but it is less and less enjoyable. Maybe this is just because there is only a certain amount of time that it can remain interesting and I'm coming to the end. But, things like the Saturday thing only add to the frustration.
capeanne is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Blythe
Good Morning.
Sorry you're frustrated. :/ That's never a good thing.
I think this is the right thread since you're asking a question, but this could also go in the general discussion area if its to the affect of 'is anyone else frustrated about this'? Its all about phrasing and what the meaning is behind the thread.

Threads can be closed for multiple reasons...
One of the main reasons is time. If no one posts in a thread in 2 weeks it automatically closed. Mods sometimes will close older threads before this time, if a week is over or something.
Another reason a thread will close is for controversy/rule breaking/arguing... ect.
Mods will close the threads to delete the mean posts, or if its the whole thread causing trouble they might close it for good so no one can post.
These sorts of things happen frequently with threads.

Anyway...
I don't like that Webkinz is going down on Saturday either.
But its great they're promoting going outside any playing.
I know in some areas (like yours) it will be raining, but they can't control that (sadly).
The World Wide Day of play is a well... 'World Wide' event.
Its great ganz has jumped on board with this day because its a special day.
And like all other events/holidays its only one Saturday out of the year.

I see your frustration, but I look at it as a time to get stuff done!
I can now go shopping, do work, and other various things I need to get done without worrying about missing that super rare item in the curio shop I want or missing leaves flying.
The site is shutting down and gives me time to do what I wish to do.
I don't just have to go out and play (I can still sit inside and do nothing if I wanted to).
x3

I do agree that the government likes to really get involved with our lives (to some extent) and certain aspects of webkinz have dramatically gone down hill, but that's a different story.
I'm just glad that webkinz world is only closed the one day out of the whole year.
Plus, when it comes back up we get a little goody to celebrate the day.
And we can do what we want in the mean time.

Once again I'm sorry you're frustrated.
I'm not sure if this helped at all, but I hope it somehow did.
Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Really frustrated

Good Morning.
Sorry you're frustrated. :/ That's never a good thing.
I think this is the right thread since you're asking a question, but this could also go in the general discussion area if its to the affect of 'is anyone else frustrated about this'? Its all about phrasing and what the meaning is behind the thread.

Threads can be closed for multiple reasons...
One of the main reasons is time. If no one posts in a thread in 2 weeks it automatically closed. Mods sometimes will close older threads before this time, if a week is over or something.
Another reason a thread will close is for controversy/rule breaking/arguing... ect.
Mods will close the threads to delete the mean posts, or if its the whole thread causing trouble they might close it for good so no one can post.
These sorts of things happen frequently with threads.

Anyway...
I don't like that Webkinz is going down on Saturday either.
But its great they're promoting going outside any playing.
I know in some areas (like yours) it will be raining, but they can't control that (sadly).
The World Wide Day of play is a well... 'World Wide' event.
Its great ganz has jumped on board with this day because its a special day.
And like all other events/holidays its only one Saturday out of the year.

I see your frustration, but I look at it as a time to get stuff done!
I can now go shopping, do work, and other various things I need to get done without worrying about missing that super rare item in the curio shop I want or missing leaves flying.
The site is shutting down and gives me time to do what I wish to do.
I don't just have to go out and play (I can still sit inside and do nothing if I wanted to).
x3

I do agree that the government likes to really get involved with our lives (to some extent) and certain aspects of webkinz have dramatically gone down hill, but that's a different story.
I'm just glad that webkinz world is only closed the one day out of the whole year.
Plus, when it comes back up we get a little goody to celebrate the day.
And we can do what we want in the mean time.

Once again I'm sorry you're frustrated.
I'm not sure if this helped at all, but I hope it somehow did.
Have a great day!
Blythe is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

The mods/admin will have their reasons for closing that thread, possibly because it was getting quite 'heated'.

It may be a good idea not to re-start the topic, although you are frustrated by it, it will be likely to get closed down
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #4

Taku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talent

i think it is a good idea when they promote the "go outside". but there is a problem: when it is closed 12pm - 3pm, here where i live is 6pm - 9pm. and it is a saturday where we only have time during that time or later.... that is the problem when it is world wide...

and i am wondering, what will be with the asian accounts? i mean they also get the prize right? but it will be later than my time? i really hope it will work for everyone. and i also hope everyone gets the prize (i didn't get the easter prize, although i was logged in that day AND i wrote several times to GANZ)

well, hope you have a good day...
Taku2 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Just because it is raining some places it not rain til 3:00pm anyway on Saturday.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Whether one agrees with it or not, the Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of Play is now an international thing. Most big companies involved with child entertainment, take part in it.

It is NOT an invention by Ganz, they are just taking part in a general movement. Even the US presidency is involved in this Day of Play, and I believe that all sorts of public events are planned in Washington DC and in many other cities.

Worldwide Day of Play - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nickelodeon to Participate in First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Campaign to Tackle... -- NEW YORK, Feb. 9 /PRNewswire/ --

Cheer up, Webkinz Newz will still be open. There will be the Peek-a-Newz to do, and the floaty-clicky Alex.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

Thanks Webberlily, that really cleared it up.
WHY NICKELODEON, WHY? WHY WORLD, WHY DO YOU AGREE WITH A COMPANY EXCUSE? Dx
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Sorry you're frustrated.

Personally I don't see why everyone is so mad. Yes, I'm a bit annoyed---But it's up to Ganz whether to keep their website up. It's only three hours, and we won't explode without Webkinz. (then again....) We can still do WKN, and who says you have to go outside?--I'm probably going to be inside on WI. xD

I'd just make the most of it---Daydream, doodle, call a friend, plan a big celebration for when WW is back online. It's only 3 hours.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
smurf1120

urf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to all

I am also sorry for your frustration, but in any event I see it this way.

Ganz is just participating in this worldwide event. I feel the reason for this is simple. I am older to the point I don't really "go outside to play" as the the younger ones. But I feel the point of all this is to pull the younger one away from computers, and all this so called technology we have today, and go out and enjoy doing something else for a change.

We have all probably heard this before....."Remember when your parents said go outside and play"....well that seems to not be the case as 20 plus years ago, as it is today. So many are on computers, ipods, social networks etc....that many younger kids today if told to go outside an play, would have no clue what to do.

When I was younger, go outside and play meant, play some basketball, play some wiffle ball i.e home run derby, we used to put on roller skates and roller skate on the driveway, or ride bikes, play tag, hide and go seek etc etc etc. Now I realize that back then, computers weren't "the thing" as they are now, but I feel that is the whole point....to let people try to understand that just because they are the "in thing" now, along with Nintendos, Wii's, Playstations, xbox's, etc...
that the things in life that we used to do "long ago" should still be done.

Technology is great, but has posed its share of problems also. I enjoy webkinz, but it being down for 3 hours is not going to make me or break me one way or the other.

It has been said that the phrase "go outside and play" has all but been forgotten, because of today's technology, and that is quite sad. I feel that is the point of this worldwide event.....to refresh our memories of the good 'ol "go outside and play" days.

Last edited by urf1120; 09-23-2011 at 02:54 PM..
urf1120 is offline Male
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
capeanne is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts. It was never about the 3 hours, per se. What it is about is not for this forum. I appreciate everything everyone said.
capeanne is offline Female
Closed