Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Answered: A Quick Question About Links

Hello there WI!
I have a quick question about linking.
How do you make an image into a link?
I knew at one time but I seem to have forgotten.

Thanks in advance for the help!
♥Blythe
Blythe is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Blythe
Thanks for replying everyone!
You were all super helpful and I appreciate that you guys all tried to help me out in figuring out this problem.
Unfortunately, it cannot be done in the forum setting.
For what ever reason it can't be done on WI except in a signature or smiley.
Which like you guys suggested was probably because those sort of images don't need URLs.

Anywho, FIA PMed me about this issue last night.
She first said:

Originally Posted by FIA
Anything you can do in your signature can also be done in a post. Unless the specific site you are trying to link to has been censored, there is no reason you can't make a picture be the "clickable" part. Lemme sort through the thread and see exactly what you're trying to do. BRB.
Then after messing around with it FIA messaged me back again.
This time saying:

Originally Posted by FIA
Well, I have to take back what I said. It appears that the system won't allow this. I'm sorry.
So it just can't be done on WI.
I thank you all for figuring it out and special thanks to FIA for helping us out with this as well!
REP to all of you that replied!
Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: A Quick Question About Links

Check out this guide:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-siggy-201659/
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Thanks for posting!
I've actually seen and tried that guide but for some reason it didn't want to work for me.
Does the picture HAVE to me in your siggy? Or could it be in a thread somewhere?
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
e all love
Webkinz :)

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Yep, that is a great guide to use

To answer your question Blythe it can be in a thread somewhere as well I think you just (if you upload with Tinypic or Photobucket stuff like that) you paste that image URL into your post highlight that and click the earth and insert what URL you want (if I remember right) . Hope this helps!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

I just do it exactly like I do text......Highlighting the image, (or image code) and click the little earth, and paste my code in.

Or instead, you could do it like this around your image. Type the following code like I have it but without the *.

[URL=yourURLhere*] *your image here* [/url*]

Click the smiley.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Let me try it now...

Click the image to open in full size.

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Let me try it now...

Gosh, it still doesn't want to work for me.
If you hover over the image it shows the link, but if you click on it... it just doesn't link.

Let's try it with a different image...

Let me try it now...

Gosh, it still doesn't want to work for me.
If you hover over the image it shows the link, but if you click on it... it just doesn't link.

Let's try it with a different image...
That's strange...
It still doesn't want to work.

^But it works with this smiley.
Will photobucket images just not link?
That's so bizarre.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

The problem is with the image you are using. Because it's stored in WI's sig space it's working like the attachments where clicking it just creates a window with it in. For creating links in your sig over that image you'd need to use SIGPIC not the actual picture link.

For images in posts you'd need to use photobucket or tinypic etc. For example:-

[URL*=http://www.webkinzinsider.com][IMG*]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Claire42/dumbo2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Without the stars becomes:-

Hope that helps

Edit: Ah as to your one above make sure you don't have a url=photobucketlink in it which photobucket does by default if you copy the bbcode which is why I always copy it as just the link and put the bbcode in myself (anything in square brackets is bbcode so url, bold, etc)

Last edited by NedOwl; 10-05-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
The problem is with the image you are using. Because it's stored in WI's sig space it's working like the attachments where clicking it just creates a window with it in. For creating links in your sig over that image you'd need to use SIGPIC not the actual picture link.

For images in posts you'd need to use photobucket or tinypic etc. For example:-

[URL*=http://www.webkinzinsider.com][IMG*]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Claire42/dumbo2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Without the stars becomes:-

Hope that helps
Thanks for posting!
But that's the problem...
Photobucket images just open in a new window.
Your elephant image did the same thing.

I got the link to work on a WI smiley.
But no the signature picture or the photobucket picture.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

Thanks for posting!
But that's the problem...
Photobucket images just open in a new window.
Your elephant image did the same thing.

I got the link to work on a WI smiley.
But no the signature picture or the photobucket picture.
The signature pic you'd have to use SIGPIC which only works in your signature.

As to photobucket... hmm... I'll have a look into this further. Maybe WI disabled the ability to do it with images that aren't in sigs...
Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
The signature pic you'd have to use SIGPIC which only works in your signature.

As to photobucket... hmm... I'll have a look into this further. Maybe WI disabled the ability to do it with images that aren't in sigs...
I know that.
I was just messing around with it.
x3

They didn't disable the ability because it works with smileys.
See?
I think there's an issue with photobucket...

Time to dig out my image shack account and see what happens.
xD

Let's see...

Here's an image in photobucket with a link:

Here's the same image in image shack with a link:

Hmm...
It still doesn't work.
Maybe it just doesn't work with non-WI images that aren't in your siggy?

Last edited by Blythe; 10-05-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Closed