Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Default Re: Quick! How do I clean a Webkinz!?

I think, other people do this but I've never tried, you could fill the sink with water and poor shampoo on them. Then scrub them. As long as you wash it off, and dry it proparly, I don't see how this could hurt them. BUT I wouldn't wash them in the washing machine.. unless, my family puts our plushies that need washing in a pillow sack and ties it so the washing machine doesn't damage them. Good luck!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #12
Malicia ♥
Webkinz :)

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

This has happened to me before.. A LOT!!

What I do is I fill the sink up with luke warm water and while its filling up i poor baby shampoo into the sink for it to get bubbly (you can just use regular soap or something) I'll dip them in and scrub them under the water really good, then get some yummy smelling shampoo and matching conditoner, and scrub their body's all around, i'l let the water drain and turn on the faucet to rince them off, then i put them in the dryer with a Snuggle Fabric Softner, to make them small good and they will be extra warm After words, you could put some perfume on them

But make sure you get ALL the soap out, I read that someone didn't get all of it out and it got gross, so its really important, Hope this helps!
alleycat123 is offline Female
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #13

ImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clownImHappy is cool as a bunny clown

we've put one through the wash before, but the fur came out not as soft as it had been originally. I would spot clean first, then use the washing machine if that doesn;t work.
ImHappy is offline Female
Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

If it is just surface dirty....I wipe them with baby wipes. Yep, you read that right. Baby wipes. Works wonderfully and they smell great.

However,

We had one Webbie that took a shower in chocolate milk don't ask. Anyway, I washed it in the sink with baby magic baby bath, rinsed it really well, and then squeezed out the water.

I then wrapped it in a towel and squeezed it again. I left it air dry and then used one of those wide tooth doll brushes to brush the coat and fur.

Turned out as good as new and smells wonderful.

Last edited by Webkinz_Lovers; 04-15-2010 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Old 04-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

A soak in mouthwash (e.g. Listerine) or borax can help kill germs & remove odors.
Dish soap or liquid hand soap or mild detergent for stains.
You'd need to do 2 or 3 rinses. A few drops of vinegar in rinse water removes excess soap.
I'd do the towel roll/step method mentioned above for initial dry, then
air fluff rest of way,
unless dryer has a known hunger streak.

(A cup of vinegar is recommended in 2nd rinse of towels to remove all soap so they fluff better in dryer.)

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 04-15-2010 at 11:56 PM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #16
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I wash mine. Here is what I do. I put them in a pillowcase and put a knot on the open end of the case so they will not fall out. Then I stick the case into the washer on delicate. I dry some of them but most of the time I do not because it scratches their eyes to hit the sides of the dryer.

View Post Originally Posted by abbypie3000
What I do with stuffed animals, I put them in a pillow case, tie a loose knot, and put it on delicate in the washer, then I take it out of the pillow case, and let it air dry.

ROFLOL i just posted this and then started reading the threads and walllaaaa someone else does what I do.

Last edited by Tula; 04-16-2010 at 12:48 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
uvs her family!

MomOfDancers will become famous soon enough

Hmmm, I do not recommend washer. BUT if you go into Build a Bear Workshop, they have a fur cleaner for their bears that would definitely work on the 'kinz too!
MomOfDancers is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
TURTLES!

DancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonder

Sometimes my dog takes my plush Webkinz. The fur usually gets all crusty, and to get rid of the crust, all you do is rub it. It really helps make it soft, but not the smell.
DancingPants160 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

ew yuk sorry.......

I would have to find another toy for my pup.

=)
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #20

lschaisson is a jewel in the roughlschaisson is a jewel in the rough

We have one cat that likes to play with the Webbies. I found out the hard way after she put one in the sink that the one thing you do not want to do is use a hair dryer on them. The fur melted a little.
lschaisson is offline Female
Closed