Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
World's largest
Webkinz :)

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

Question Unanswered: Question regarding trade talk

I know that trade talk is not allowed outside of the GE. However, I was under the impression that meant details like 'I traded this for this' or people saying 'I need this item does anyone have it'. But saying 'ooh look what I got was allowed.' Does it become a problem once someone says 'ooh look what i got in the trading room'? ???

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just need someone to clarify this point for me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Taylor Lautner<3
caseybff4ever will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Question regarding trade talk

I am not absulutley sure but you should PM an Admin Or an Moderator that is what i do when i have a question
caseybff4ever is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Gifted

bestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to beholdbestmathgirl is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Tj03
I know that trade talk is not allowed outside of the GE. However, I was under the impression that meant details like 'I traded this for this' or people saying 'I need this item does anyone have it'. But saying 'ooh look what I got was allowed.' Does it become a problem once someone says 'ooh look what i got in the trading room'? ???

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just need someone to clarify this point for me.

Thanks!
Yes it is a problem. You are not supposed to say anything about trading in the clubhouse not even in the GE.
bestmathgirl is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #4

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Hi Tj!
Great question, glad you are seeking help on this one.

You are correct, trade talk is not allowed. You may not ask someone to trade *item* for *item*. And you may not post what sort of items you are looking for outside of the training area or gift exchange.

However, more recently Staff have asked that Trading room talk to be refrained from entirely on the site. That *includes* the gift exchange. Because of hurt feelings and *slight* arguments that have erupted with the ethics and fair trading it was found that it would be easier just to ask users, Not to talk about the trading room. - this includes asking anyone to join you in there, posting "look what I got in the trading room!" or anything such.

You can find out more info here -

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...y-t406042.html

Quote:
NEW WEBKINZ INSIDER POLICY: No Discussion About Trade Room Trades

Back when the Webkinz World Trade Rooms first opened, the Webkinz Insider staff made it clear that we have no authority in Webkinz World and as a result cannot be responsible for bad trades made in the Trade Rooms.

At that time we instituted the following policy:

Quote:
Trade Discussion on Webkinz Insider is ONLY allowed inside of the Gift Exchange area. Trades made in the WW Trade Room should be negotiated in WW Trade Room. If you wish to discuss trades on Webkinz Insider, please consider joining our Gift Exchange.

Over the past several months we have noticed that there has been a lot of discussion on the site regarding trades that have already taken place in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms. While most of the talk has been about fair trades, some of it has been about unfair trades, with a handful of members bragging about how they were able to take advantage of other traders. While we would like to think that our members will aways be fair in their negotiations off-site, we must acknowledge that this is not always the case.

That being said, we find it necessary to make an important addition to the policy above:

Quote:
No discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider.

It is our greatest hope that everyone will understand our need to make this policy.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I think it does count. If you meant to show something off in the "Look what I got!" section, you could just post pictures, but not mention where you got them, to my understanding.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

Ok thanks everyone!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
gingerdorsey
gingerdorsey is on a distinguished road

Wow. I didn't realize how strict it was. I am glad I know now. Thanks for asking such a good question.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I think the "look what I got" section applies more to real world items or prizes awarded be WW - at least that is how I understand that section. Great question!

---------- SnoopysGirl added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

I meant prizes awarded IN WW , lol!

Last edited by SnoopysGirl; 11-06-2008 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
luv14webkinz

hmmm, i am sorry, i have no idea. but great to know for future references
Closed