Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

Default Unanswered: A question about viewing threads

Hello WI.

When I am browsing the forums and I see an interesting thread under a forum category that I want to check out I am automatically directed to the first unread post. The problem is that I have usually not read any of the post and it does not bring me to the first post.

An example:

I am on the main forums page: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/

I am scrolling down through the different categories like WI Rules and Suggestions, Somebody Help, etc. I see a post I would like to check out in the somebody help section and click directly on the title of the post. I am directed to the thread but not the first post in that thread.

Does this make sense? lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Meow Face is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Default Re: A question about viewing threads

When you're looking at the top level of the forum, and you see the titles of all the sub-forums, like "WI Rules and Suggestions", the thread title listed to the right of that sub-forum is the thread that the most recent post has been posted in, for that entire sub-forum. If you click on that thread title, you will be taken to the most recent post in that thread (which is also the most recent post in that sub-forum).

If, however, you click on the title of the sub-forum (click on "WI Rules and Suggestions") you will see all the threads in that forum. If you click on the title of any of those threads, you will be taken to the first post in that thread.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Hello Meow!

Your User Options settings determines whether you see the newest thread first or the oldest.

Click on USER CP
Click on EDIT OPTIONS
Scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
Change the second option to say LINEAR OLDEST FIRST

Thread Display Mode
Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.

Choices:
  • Linear - Oldest First
  • Linear - Newest First
  • Threaded Hybrid

Last edited by Jarrah; 06-18-2009 at 05:21 AM..
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

I had this problem too, you go to your user control panel, and go to edit options. Pick linear, newest first. Dont forget to hit save I went all crazy when i couldnt figure this out. Good luck!
Have a great day,
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
When you're looking at the top level of the forum, and you see the titles of all the sub-forums, like "WI Rules and Suggestions", the thread title listed to the right of that sub-forum is the thread that the most recent post has been posted in, for that entire sub-forum. If you click on that thread title, you will be taken to the most recent post in that thread (which is also the most recent post in that sub-forum).

If, however, you click on the title of the sub-forum (click on "WI Rules and Suggestions") you will see all the threads in that forum. If you click on the title of any of those threads, you will be taken to the first post in that thread.

Yes I am aware of this I was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to click on the sub folders. Thanks for the help though

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Hello Meow!

Your User Options settings determines whether you see the newest thread first or the oldest.

Click on USER CP
Click on EDIT OPTIONS
Scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
Change the second option to say LINEAR OLDEST FIRST

Thread Display Mode
Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.

Choices:
  • Linear - Oldest First
  • Linear - Newest First
  • Threaded Hybrid

Hmm my options are set up like this already. I did find this option and had tried playing around with it. Drat lol, thanks for trying!
Meow Face is offline Female
Closed