Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
illiam has a bunny
Webkinz :)

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Default Answered: Question about trading and morals...what would you do??? (What should I do!?)

Hello there,

*****First of all....since I don't want to speak about trading on Webkinz Insider, I'm not going to give specific details about this trade. (If this still violates the rules of no trade talk, let me know, I will remove this thread!)***

That being said, I was in the trading room today, and traded two retired items for someone else's retired pet item. We were both very excited about the trade. After trading with other people in the room, about 10 minutes later, the person I had traded with came back and said they were sad for trading their item with me, and they wished they hadn't. I felt bad, because I don't want someone out there feeling sad about a trade. Since we couldn't do anything at that moment, we became friends, and we agreed not to trade our items, and that maybe we will find each other at a later date.

So my question is, what do I do? Do I say "tough luck" and not trade the item back with them, or do I take their feelings into consideration, and try to find them at another date to trade it back. Honestly, I'm not going to enjoy the item as much if I think there is someone out there who is feeling sad about trading it. But I guess that is also why you should take your time, and really make sure it is something you want to give up. Has anyone else ever experienced a similar situation? Am I being too sensitive? Any advice is appreciated!

(And again, if this violates the trade talk rule, or is posted in the wrong section, I deeply apologize! )
Bindidog is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Desty
If I was in your shoes, I would probably give it a day or so, and then ask if they really wanted to undo the trade. I could not enjoy an item if I thought it was a problem with someone else. You did absolutely nothing wrong, and I think it is so wonderful how you have such empathy for the other person. You are one of those rare people. I wish more people in the trading rooms,(and in this world) had that kind of thought for others. Go with your heart on this.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 
Default Re: Question about trading and morals...what would you do??? (What should I do!?)

Not sure if it violates the rule but I think it was very good of you to become the person's friend and think about trading the item back to them. Whether you do it or not is sort of up to you. All trades are technically final. But. It that makes you feel bad, then I would certainly trade it back.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Gifted

candycane is a jewel in the roughcandycane is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Question about trading and morals...what would you do??? (What should I do!?)

Well, it depends. If it is nagging at you, I would trade it back.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Hmmm, this is a hard one.
i know you feel very upset about the person wanting his pet item back. But he did trade it with you. He didnt have to anyways. And you accepted, so its pretty much yours now. You have the choice to send it back, and you have the choice to keep it. I would feel sad too, but it WAS their desicion to trade your two items for their PSI. Its not 'tough luck' dont say that to them, its kinda rude. Just kindly say if you run into them, "you traded the item to me. If you didnt want to, you didnt have to " So dont feel guilty, they didnt have to trade it with you. You were both happy at the time. The person trading with you should have thought more cleary before offering their item up for trade. Good luck!
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I think you should trade that person their items back at a later date if they still want to. You're a really nice person( i know that for a fact) and the person who traded with you is lucky cause most people would think they were out of luck.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #6

Alexis has a spectacular aura about

They had time to think about the trade while you were trading it. It's pretty much their fault that they are feeling that way. You didn't scam them. It's not your fault.
Alexis is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

View Post Originally Posted by xoxoilyalyssa
Hmmm, this is a hard one.
i know you feel very upset about the person wanting his pet item back. But he did trade it with you. He didnt have to anyways. And you accepted, so its pretty much yours now. You have the choice to send it back, and you have the choice to keep it. I would feel sad too, but it WAS their desicion to trade your two items for their PSI. Its not 'tough luck' dont say that to them, its kinda rude. Just kindly say if you run into them, "you traded the item to me. If you didnt want to, you didnt have to " So dont feel guilty, they didnt have to trade it with you. You were both happy at the time. The person trading with you should have thought more cleary before offering their item up for trade. Good luck!
Just to clarify, my use of "tough luck" was only an expression, and I would NEVER say that to someone . Just thought I'd clear that up! Thank you for your kind words, you're right about thinking clearly at the time....however it is easy getting caught up in a fast moving trade, and then thinking..."did I really want to do that?" at a later date.
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
Just to clarify, my use of "tough luck" was only an expression, and I would NEVER say that to someone . Just thought I'd clear that up! Thank you for your kind words, you're right about thinking clearly at the time....however it is easy getting caught up in a fast moving trade, and then thinking..."did I really want to do that?" at a later date.
Okay, just making sure
Well yeah, but while they were going through their dock, they had the choice to put the item up
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
OW - I love fall!
Gift Guru

Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

I'm sorry that this is an issue for you trading is supposed to be fun. If you run into that other person again in the trading room maybe you could trade it back. But since you may never run into them again, don't beat yourself up over it.

Not that they would do this but being the cynic that I am I wouldn't just KinzPost it to them (since you became friends) because you have no guarantee to get your item back. And as many scams that I have read about on here I wouldn't open myself up for one.

Good luck with this. You also could join us in the GE. Check out the links in my Siggie.
Red Fire is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Never To Old For

Collie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

That's a hard decision to make. If it was bothering me I would trade it back, only in the trade room though. I would never Kinz post it.
They were lucky you were still in that room 10 minutes later.
Good luck making the right decision.
Collie Lover is offline Female
Closed