Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
CherryKat
Webkinz :)

Crisella is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: A question about the guides at the top of the page

On almost every board there are allways little guides or announcements at the top that are in blue and that never move down the board like the rest of the post, and I had a question about those. Can anyone write one of those guides, or is it only for the staff? Would you need to ask permission to write the guide, or ask to have it placed up at the top? I was just curious because I thought I saw guides written by normal members of :WI:, and I was wondering if anyone could write a guide.

Thanks!

---------- Crisella added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

ack, the little wi icon didn't go up! I guess i did it wrong...

Last edited by Crisella; 05-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Crisella is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
ssjenk6 or skj03d
Gifted
mwky has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: A question about the guides at the top of the page

I think they are submitted to staff to check for correctness and that things are covered and then posted there. So if you wrote one, I would notify a mod or admin for guidance it getting it made it to a "sticky" thread, which is what those are called.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Usually the only way a "normal" member can get something stickied is when they have a mod do it for them. Like I will have one stickied for me in the morning, but only because an admin asked me to start a thread for them. I will still need to have another admin/mod sticky it for me. It has to be a good reason for being stickied - like something that is very important to all WI members.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
susie10

susie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure if you have an idea for a new guide, or an updated or better way to do one of the guides, you could PM one of the mods/admin and volunteer or make the suggestion. They would know if someone is already working on that type of thing. On http://curioshop.wetpaint.com people post their printable guides and help sheets as Excel or Text files so people can print them out. There can never be too many good ideas floating around about keep things organized in webkinz world, especially as it keeps getting bigger!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
legalcat

"Normal" members can do them... its usually if you make a regular post which is very helpful etc and there isnt already one like it and it has a lot of very useful information... then a mod can choose to make it "sticky" so it will stay at the top

Some times these can be temporary like for something seasonal like fall fest or winter fest etc... then when the event is over the post is removed from the top...
Old 05-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
CherryKat

Crisella is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, thanks everybody! that makes more sense.
Crisella is offline Female
Closed