Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Lil Kinz
NCmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Question about gardening

Does anyone happen to know what happens to your garden if it's left alone for a week plus? I know that missing a day or two doesn't seem to do much other than allow weeds to grow (and perhaps delay harvesting), but I've never left it for an entire week.

Anyone know? Vacation is coming up, and I don't think webkinz is going to be on the top of my list of things to do. Is digging them up and replanting when I get back an option?
NCmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
naname01
Gifted

MaryEllenMc is a jewel in the roughMaryEllenMc is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Question about gardening

They will be pretty much okay for a week. After awhile they turn into what you might want to call a really neat Halloween garden. However, you can still bring them back to life. Have a great vacation.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

As someone that has frequently discovered that the kids have neglected their gardens I feel I can answer this with confidence. lol

The very worst thing that can happen to your garden after not being tended to for several days/weeks is that it will die. Only it doesn't actually die, it just looks all dead. lol
Just dig it and it will start all over as a new cycle. So it really doesn't matter how long you leave it for it can always be restarted again by just digging it.

Have fun on vacation!
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
bearbowler
Gifted

bearbowler will become famous soon enough

If you don't want to see the plants all yellow and have to dig them to start them growing again, you could take them out and leave them in your dock until you return from vacation.

Have a great vacation!!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
Eternal Summer
Webkinz :)

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by bearbowler
If you don't want to see the plants all yellow and have to dig them to start them growing again, you could take them out and leave them in your dock until you return from vacation.

Have a great vacation!!
Can you really do that? That's cool.
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
jenna522

mxmom8887 is on a distinguished road

They will probably die
mxmom8887 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
Yes you can! That is another cool option. If you remove them they go back to your dock as seeds again. Great for switching rooms or to not have the dead looking plants when your gone for awhile.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

My son actually lets his garden die on purpose. He says it looks better that way now that it is fall. He thinks it looks strange to have green plants in the snow in winter.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
Gift Guru

Wina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by blessedx5
As someone that has frequently discovered that the kids have neglected their gardens I feel I can answer this with confidence. lol

The very worst thing that can happen to your garden after not being tended to for several days/weeks is that it will die. Only it doesn't actually die, it just looks all dead. lol
Just dig it and it will start all over as a new cycle. So it really doesn't matter how long you leave it for it can always be restarted again by just digging it.

Have fun on vacation!
I have had that happen here. Click "dig" instead of "rake" or whatever.. and presto! All good again!

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
Yep - we've done that too. Taken them out of the room and they're seeds in your dock again.

Mimzy - your DS has a point!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Excellent info. Thanks you ladies. At 50 KC per pack its nice to know we can preserve our investment if we go away for an extended period of time.
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Closed