Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
sf4581
Gift Guru

sf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to allsf4581 is a name known to all

Default Re: A question about ethics on Webkinz

Personally, I would tell her not to send you anythig else, you don't want to encourage her stealing, but then I would mind my own business. I don't think you should tell on her. It seems so juvenille. I do understand what everyone else is saying, though. I just wouldn't do it.
sf4581 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #12
lmf
lmf is an unknown quantity at this point

Telling on a thief is not juvenile. If no one told on a criminal, we'd have a lot more criminals around us today ruining more people's lives instead of them being behind bars. The justice system relies on people providing information about crimes they know about. That's why they have laws that allow them to prosecute people just for knowing something and not telling them about it. This person is probably scamming people by getting close to them, then giving them a free pet, and then taking over their account. In this case, the poster has a seperate account so it isn't going to work, but they're just going to try it with someone else. You have to tell Ganz about this.

---------- lmf added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

Also, if she still has the tag for the Panda code she gave you, she can call Ganz and tell them that her Panda code said it's already in use, and give them a special code off the tag, and Ganz will give her the Panda and probably close your account thinking you're the one who stole it.

Last edited by lmf; 05-09-2008 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lmf is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #13
oW 3 TIME CHAMPION
Gift Guru

angelkte is just really niceangelkte is just really nice

i would say deleting her from all your friends list would be the number one priority, reporting her to ganz would be the 2nd, giving them as much as info as you possibly can. and if you're looking for other adults to interact with, theres a ton on here, start another thread, under friends wanted, and you'll be overwhelmed with responses.
angelkte is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #14
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I would definately take everyone's advice and contact Ganz. Even, ask them to remove the Panda from your Asian account. It's people like this person who have caused Ganz to change their policies on replacing missing or un-received items from adoptions. They no longer reward accounts with items from empty gift boxes. I myself have had this happen twice in the last two months. If these people aren't stopped, it just gets worse for all of us "honest" people who are out here.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #15
natira
Gifted

natira has a spectacular aura about

Post Re: A question about ethics on Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
I would definately take everyone's advice and contact Ganz. Even, ask them to remove the Panda from your Asian account. It's people like this person who have caused Ganz to change their policies on replacing missing or un-received items from adoptions. They no longer reward accounts with items from empty gift boxes. I myself have had this happen twice in the last two months. If these people aren't stopped, it just gets worse for all of us "honest" people who are out here.
I think asking Ganz to remove the Panda is a great idea. It removes the possibility that "the other" can get into that account and could also be used to track "the other" if she tries to use that code again. It would take some detective work on Ganz' part but if they make it hard enough on him/her, they might decide it's not worth it. This would also, to some extent, demonstrates a "good faith effort" to "make things right" now that you know what's going on.

One last thought. If you've got the posts where this person confessed all these nefarious acts, forward or cut and paste them over to Ganz. That would probably speak volumes.
natira is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #16
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

You REALLY need to call ganz about this issue. This kind of stuff can cause ganz to go bankrupt if many people are doing this.

Here is the number:
1-800-724-5902
Call the number above, and press 0.
Then tell them what is happening.
Don't call 1866webkinz. you wont get through.

You need to tell them that you didn't know that they were stolen, and be totally honest of what happened, otherwise you could lose your account. Worse comes to worse they take all the items off your account.. but if your lucky you can keep them. Good luck with this, keep us posted.

---------- lollipop8927 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by sf4581
Personally, I would tell her not to send you anythig else, you don't want to encourage her stealing, but then I would mind my own business. I don't think you should tell on her. It seems so juvenille. I do understand what everyone else is saying, though. I just wouldn't do it.
Its not juvinlle, its a crime. Whether its a stupid 12 dollar plush toy, or something more expesive, taking something without paying is stealing, and its illegal.

(i dont really think webbies are stupid, i love them.. im just trying to make a point here )

Last edited by lollipop8927; 05-09-2008 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #17
Gifted
JuJuAnnie is on a distinguished road

I am an adult and also a compliance officer by profession, and I think you also need to call JC Penney's . They are losing hundreds of dollars from her, and I doubt that this is the only things that she is shoplifting or the only store. You can do so without telling them who you are.

And it is NOT juvenile (forgive the spelling). Sitting back and taking the easy way out is juvenile.

Last edited by JuJuAnnie; 05-09-2008 at 07:39 AM..
Closed