Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
Call me 39 xD
Gifted

398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all

Default Re: Q for Retailers: Webkinz losing popularity?

I think they may have lost their general crowd, but I still think many people still buy Webkinz.
However some people only take the rare ones (Arctic fox, peppermint and clover pup) They usually buy the whole stock of that Webkinz (3-10) and sell them as different prices. In turn, causing many people to be turned away mainly because they were searching for that specific Webkinz. Some people now turn to the internet to buy Webkinz, meaning less people go to retailers except the people who buy and sell those Webkinz, in turn the money goes to the sellers (They may have made a profit by raising the prices) Webkinz still has its crowd, but not all the money goes to Webkinz. This may not be the case for everyone, but I believe this is a situation that has been going on for some time
398256501 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #12
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
okay here is my thought. The first mistake Ganz has made is to make too many webkinz. People can't keep up with it and that ends up creating more product out there than is being bought. Plus I noticed in the last two years a 4.00 rise in the price of a webkinz. People these days just can't afford that on top of everything else we are dealing with. We waited until a store went out of business to buy ours at 75% off. If stores are smart they would lower the prices, but see Ganz has increased the price for them, so they have no choice here. They will stop selling them if people are not will to pay the prices they are now. They should never have gone over 10.00 if you ask me. They are not made well enough to command close to 18.00 each. They have flooded the market and that is never a good idea.

Plus the first webkinz generation of kids is now on to other things for the most part. My oldest nieces that were so into webkinz have left it now at the age of 10 and 12 to grow up and do other things. They aren't interested in it anymore. Now there are kids older than her still loving it. I think that is wonderful... So now the new little kids that are getting old enough for a webkinz...will be interested but chances are they will just play on big brother or sisters account to save mom and dad money. Not everyone...just a thought.

I have mentioned before though everything has its time and its not about if it will end but when.
Wow. I agree 1000%
Galfam is offline Male
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

feona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacity
feona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacityfeona has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
okay here is my thought. The first mistake Ganz has made is to make too many webkinz. People can't keep up with it and that ends up creating more product out there than is being bought. Plus I noticed in the last two years a 4.00 rise in the price of a webkinz. People these days just can't afford that on top of everything else we are dealing with. We waited until a store went out of business to buy ours at 75% off. If stores are smart they would lower the prices, but see Ganz has increased the price for them, so they have no choice here. They will stop selling them if people are not will to pay the prices they are now. They should never have gone over 10.00 if you ask me. They are not made well enough to command close to 18.00 each. They have flooded the market and that is never a good idea.

Plus the first webkinz generation of kids is now on to other things for the most part. My oldest nieces that were so into webkinz have left it now at the age of 10 and 12 to grow up and do other things. They aren't interested in it anymore. Now there are kids older than her still loving it. I think that is wonderful... So now the new little kids that are getting old enough for a webkinz...will be interested but chances are they will just play on big brother or sisters account to save mom and dad money. Not everyone...just a thought.

I have mentioned before though everything has its time and its not about if it will end but when.

I think they are losing popularity. It was a trend that is slowing way down. Yes, the price of webkinz has finally reached it's peak. The price of these little plush is WAY TO HIGH. My grandchilden have quit WW. They are bored and dissapointed with all the glitches, W shop prizes and all the good stuff at the estore. I used to buy webkinz every month for them but I stopped last year when the price got out of hand. A large number of their friends have also quit.
feona is offline Female
Closed