Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

webkinzmommy is a jewel in the roughwebkinzmommy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Problems with WW Kinz clock not keeping correct time?

I went to Quizzy's three times today to answer questions and watch for leaves. However, all three times as soon as I got there the clock immediately set itself back anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes so I had to log off and start over. No problems staying in my room though or the Newz paper.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #12
molly8916
Gifted

molly8916 will become famous soon enough

I do not go to quizzies anymore to wait for leaves the clock goes wrong in there and also the clock only started going haywire with this new fall festival.
Hopefully in a few days when its over the clocks will be back to working normally.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #13
JES13, tigger74

kinzacademy is on a distinguished road

No, clock has been messed up for months. It has nothing to do w/Fall Festival. Maybe it's more widespread now, but some of us have defintely been struggling with this long before FF.

I have been merrily collecting leaves on DD's account, which had clock reading 1 hr later than real time. At "midnight" kinz time I went to my pets thinking I'd do the daily kinzcare for tomorrow while I was logged in. I had 2 min to wait in the 6 min rotation. The clock is now reading 42 min behind real time. It flipped the moment the daily kinzcare screen loaded. I don't even know how to account for 42 min in terms of leaf collecting, so I definitely think it can throw off the cycle... I'm not sure how long it will take to reestablish a 6 min rotation or if this account is now done for the night. I've gone 8 min since the time warp w/o seeing anything so I can't tell if it's reset or still on same interval or completely shut down.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #14
Gifted

Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!

From what I've seen (and several other people have reported) is that once the clock freezes or starts losing the correct time, the leaves stop coming.

If you notice your clock is not keeping time correctly, probably the best thing is to just log out then in to reset the time.

We used to be able to go to the adoption center to reset the clock, but over the last few days that just throws the time off more.
Wizard is offline Female
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #15
Boudica

View Post Originally Posted by Wizard
From what I've seen (and several other people have reported) is that once the clock freezes or starts losing the correct time, the leaves stop coming.

If you notice your clock is not keeping time correctly, probably the best thing is to just log out then in to reset the time.
*sigh* The problem with logging out to reset your clock is that just as soon as you go back to Quizzy's the clock messes up again.

I don't have the patience to just sit in one place doing nothing to wait for a leaf to (maybe) float by. I'm tired of sitting in my room doing puzzles. Quizzy's is the best place to be for earning kc while waiting for leaves but every time I go there my clock goes on the fritz. So for me, logging on, logging back in is a waste of time since the clock is only going to lose or gain time again immediately.

This just isn't as much fun as it should be. I feel sorry for the younger kids on the site. Unless they can get their parents to do this for them I doubt they're getting anything on their own.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #16
Chellebfff

i havent noticed but i am on right now oh i see it i dont really care because at the bottom of my computer screen there is a clock so i just look there it is a problem that many people dont like and i think somebody should tell ganz
Webkinz ID:Chellebff
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #17
Gifted
Cottoncandy1 will become famous soon enough

My clock has been off for a long time but I am still able to leaf hunt. I just stay on the news and once I get a leaf it's still aprox every 6 mins from the time I got the first. Someone said if you go to the adoption center and then click out it fixes the time. I tried this and yes the time changes but as soon as I go to a different place the clock is off again.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #18
Boudica

View Post Originally Posted by Chellebfff
i havent noticed but i am on right now oh i see it i dont really care because at the bottom of my computer screen there is a clock so i just look there it is a problem that many people dont like and i think somebody should tell ganz
Webkinz ID:Chellebff
When I first noticed the clock is not keeping proper time in Quizzy's it was months ago. No big deal at the time.

Now I've been using my computer clock in my tray to try to keep track of the minutes. The problem people are reporting though is that if your kinz time clock is off, then the leaves will no longer appear. I played for over an hour in Quizzy's late last night and not one single leaf appeared and the clock was wrong. I was using the same idea as you and just keeping an eye on my computer clock.

That doesn't make the leaves fall though.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #19
Gift Guru

sba1995 is a glorious beacon of lightsba1995 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! sounds like we are all having the same problems. I agree with everyone that the clock is only an issue with the leaves right now. I can't remember who commented on this but as far as the hourly events...as long as you log out and back in it should be the correct time and you can do that particular hourly event.

As far as not wanting to sit in your room and do puzzles waiting for leaves, I certainly agree that this can get pretty boring. I'm not willing, however, to go to quizzy's and have my clock mess up. Another way to pass the time (the correct time-lol) is to go to the clubhouse and play games there. I've had several leaves show up there and the clock is correct.

sigh...only 3 more days and our craziness will be over...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #20
JES13, tigger74

kinzacademy is on a distinguished road

A little update since I had some time over the last 24 hrs to keep track of things.... We are noticing the biggest problem not with Quizzy's but with major time changes and events. When it changes over to noon and midnight and when major events happen, like the hourly events starting up at 4pm. Those are the things that are mostly likely to throw off our clock and freeze up our accounts (no idea why noon is an issue but I guess the others make sense). We haven't noticed Quizzy's, but we don't go in & out a lot in one login session. They go into Quizzy's do daily Q and usually one month of Q's and then leave for the day. I haven't noticed if it messes w/clock but since they are in & out it's not a big deal for us.

The leaf cycle definitely resets once the clock is thrown off. Last night I had 2 min to go before I might see a leaf when the clock went haywire. I didn't see one after 2min or 8 min from clock issue. Instead it was something like 31 min. But after that, it was back on the 6 min rotation and we were rolling along just fine.

Same thing happened w/DD today at noon. The clock went on the psycho, screen went blank, and it bumped her off her established 6 min cycle. However, she didn't log out and manged to get the screen to come back by going to another location. It eventually started spitting out leaves again and they appeared on the new 6 min cycle w/no problem.

I haven't noticed what is going on in Quizzy's... is just entering Quizzy's throwing it off one time or does it contantly jump around as long as you are in there? If it just throws it off once and if you can collect leaves in Quizzy's (can you?), you should be fine. Go sit in there right away and within 30-45 min I think your 6 min cycle should be established. Just dont' leave or you'll have to wait another good chunk of time for it to get going again.

I hate to say it but I think some accounts are inherently unlucky for some things. DS caught very few flakes for winter fest last year while DD was swimming in them. I've had DS's account running in background for over 30 min now and have yet to see a leaf. By now DD's account would have spit out its first leaf and be merrily cycling through. She caught all kinds today while home sick, even with the clock issues. DS can find every stinkin' gem of the day and has all the top level gems while DD's account gets nothing but Booger Nuggets. He even pays DD less for the same gem compared to DS. DD is convinced Arte is biased against cats and thus out to get her. Some funky coding going on in Webkinz World.

---------- kinzacademy added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

Oh, PS (can you edit threads here? I can't figure out how)... you can also play games like checkers in your room. The pay out is decent and you can catch leaves while in a game. I agree puzzles are boring!

Last edited by kinzacademy; 10-24-2007 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed