Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
hambone is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Problems with Webkinz

I believe we're witnessing the end of the good old days for webkinz. It used to be a site that my daughters enjoyed however with the amount of glitches, crashes, and lack of working functionality they've started to lose interest. Why is it that the clubhouse only seems to work during the week while all of the children are at school? Or the glitches go away at the same time? Capacity. Until Ganz refocuses on their core business, the average user(children) will continue to get ignored. E-store, Charms, Figures, ornaments, etc... The average user account isn't good enough for Ganze anymore. Sorry but that's the impression Ganz has given me over the last month.

Christmas is coming and even my wife was surprised when both my daughters said they didn't want any new webkinz. I just wonder if anyone else is feeling the same or their children are?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Problems with Webkinz

Lately, there have been a LOT of glitches. I would reccomend trying to interest them in something else, then trying to bring them back to their webbies ... keep the account going
Its true, GANZ is making it much harder for the person with only one webkinz to have fun. But you still can, and if you get even one charm you get access to the forest, and one figure to access the "key" forest .
The clubhouse does annoy me... I am away when it is open, but I am planning to open a different time zone account...
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
Grannykinz is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that a lot of us are getting really frustrated with all the glitches, crashes and poor quality performances by the new stuff they announce with such frantic enthusiasm.
Grannykinz is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #4

Bndfrk is an unknown quantity at this point

i am insanely irritated at the crashes and glitches. they add all this new stuff, but use US as the beta testers. my hubby is a software engineer and this site and it's lazy programmers and microsoft-esque "what is this test-ing?" attitude are driving him nuts. we might just move to popcap games if this keeps up.
Bndfrk is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Bndfrk
i am insanely irritated at the crashes and glitches. they add all this new stuff, but use US as the beta testers. my hubby is a software engineer and this site and it's lazy programmers and microsoft-esque "what is this test-ing?" attitude are driving him nuts. we might just move to popcap games if this keeps up.
I have to agree with you here. My older sons play world of warcraft with no problems whatsoever and that is a WAY larger game. They pay for a monthly subscription, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we need to pay for webkinz to have any real fun with it. And, yes, buying webkinz is exactly the same thing as buying a subscription to a game. You just get a cheap toy to go with it. My very young son is more interested in the plushies now than the game. It just isn't as much fun. It's become more of an adult site just to see who can have more than the next guy.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by hambone
I believe we're witnessing the end of the good old days for webkinz. It used to be a site that my daughters enjoyed however with the amount of glitches, crashes, and lack of working functionality they've started to lose interest. Why is it that the clubhouse only seems to work during the week while all of the children are at school? Or the glitches go away at the same time? Capacity. Until Ganz refocuses on their core business, the average user(children) will continue to get ignored. E-store, Charms, Figures, ornaments, etc... The average user account isn't good enough for Ganze anymore. Sorry but that's the impression Ganz has given me over the last month.

Christmas is coming and even my wife was surprised when both my daughters said they didn't want any new webkinz. I just wonder if anyone else is feeling the same or their children are?

I do understand the disappointment and problems you are having with the website. This website has many suggestions to help some of your problems. I am not sure if you have done this, but did you know that adobe flash player has an updated version? Please check that out and see if you can download and install the new version. Some of the glitches are better, others not, but it is worth a try. I will try to post the link I made a day or so ago.

---------- SnoopysGirl added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...g-t419252.html

Okay, here is a link to the question that I posted on. Others didn't do quite as much as I did for the install of the flash player, but that is what was recommended for my Mac. Anyways, it is worth a try, and good luck!

Last edited by SnoopysGirl; 11-04-2008 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
ow! I have

Nissa is a jewel in the roughNissa is a jewel in the rough

I believe Ganz could be taking a greater amount of time to better these problems. I've noticed a ton of glitches lately that I'm sure they're aware of. I truly think they are making bad decisions money wise and I hope they'll reconsider how they do things.
Nissa is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

I upgraded Adobe today using one of the links provided here in the forums. Version 9 I believe though I think the Adobe site showed a V10. We're crashing out now more then ever. Preferred browser is Firefox but tested IE too and it is just as bad, if not worse.

We crash out in the middle of games losing all the earned kinzcash, in the middle of dropping something in a room, while answering a Quizzy question, in the middle of buying something...well, you get the picture. It either crashes or we get the please wait message that goes on and on. And the crashes seem to occur every 5 minutes or so.

Ever since they did the upgrade in October, everything is worse. The Charm Forest used to be fun but now it is sluggish and with the key dropouts not worth it most days. It takes us forever to log in and if time is of the essence we miss some of the hourly activites. Its an odd, poorly managed site that needs a major overhaul.

My kids still want webbies for Christmas but Ganz better get on the ball and fix this or they will go down in flames worse then beanie babies did.

In the interim, any other ideas so we can still have fun with this?
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #9
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

The glitches have already turned most (if not all) of my friends off of the site.
Me, I'm too addicted to let a few glitches get me down

As to the extras that purchasing the extra items get on the site, my friends are never on the site long enough to ever discover that there are things they are excluded from (trading card themes, charm forest, Arte's Rares, etc.) So, from what I've noticed, a person who only goes on occastionally with one pet, the basics that the site provides are enough. For someone who's a little more addicted like me, and the fact that I'm aware of all these items and activities I can't afford to partake in, it's a little sad, but it's ok. I was thinking about it and there are a ton of themes and items available in the WShop, and I realized that perhaps the only real reason why I want the rares, trading cards, and estore, etc, is because they're more difficult to get my hands on, and if say, the Cloud Theme, became a CSO only theme, then I would be that more excited to get my hands on that theme. But since it's always available and easy to find, it's less exciting. So, I'm making myself happy with what the site offers for a family of 10 without charms and cards. I think it's great that there are those extra bonuses people can purchase for all of the extras on the site. There's a certain thrill when it comes to being a "super collector" and having everything related, so I'm glad that thrill is there to make people happy who can afford it at the same time, I think one can be happy with the basics the site offers to the user with a couple pets.

I like having my little family, I'm hoping to get the camel. I enjoy the plush, same as I enjoy the site. I can understand people's frustrations and temptations to leave the site altogether, but until the other plush/virtual pet sites catch up, (build a bear, ty2.0, littlest pet shop, etc.) Webkinz will be in business for awhile I think.
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #10

Pinky Sue has a spectacular aura about

CrystalFlute, sounds like you have a great attitude. Sometimes I get to caught up in it.
I've been frustrated more and more as things are added but glitches increase each time.
I went out to buy those ornaments today so my daughter and I could both access the Christmas Tree on our accounts. Then, I got home and thought....was I crazy buying 6 of those? Part of me wants them all so we can get the cool fireplace, but you are right...we should be happy with what we can get for our Webkinz dollars.
Closed