Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Stellalisa is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Problems with spyware/adware/malware?

Has anyone else had problems with their access to WKW being hijacked by spyware? This is the 2nd time I've had it happen in a month. The first time, I was able to remove whatever the heck was blocking me ... this time, not so lucky, in spite of running several different scanning programs. And webkinz.com is the ONLY site that is affected.

Any insight would be much appreciated. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Problems with spyware/adware/malware?

I have not had problems with spyware/adware/malware, but I have been having problems with an Adobe Flash Player slow running script. Can you even log in? do you just get a green screen when you log in? What exactly is happening? If you have problems with things loading after you log in, then you need to allow pop-ups from webkinz.com and and 66.48.69.102. If you can't load Webkinz because of a slow running script, a pop-up will come up saying that there is a slow running script and if you allow it to run, it might make your computer become unresponsive, do you want to abort the script? You must say no (you must allow the script to run), and then your page will load. If you have pop-up blocker on, you won't get this message, and nothing will load. I don't always get this message, but sometimes I have gotten it 1) when getting my items from storage to load my dock, 2) when loading the hourly/daily activities section (it will just say loading.....), and 3) right after the login page (if you have pop-up blocker on, all you will get is a green screen after you log in...nothing will load properly). Also, if you can't load a gift from the Kinz Post, try loading your dock first (sometimes this slow running script is the problem).
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Horsegrl106 and ^
Gifted

horsegrl107 will become famous soon enough

Idk how those people hack accounts, and it has never happened to me, but (just incase) my password is like 50 characters long!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #4

I've had the Green Screen of Death before ... not a big problem, it sorts out.

What I get now is this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Had it once before ... it's like all my WK links have been replaced with ad-ware. I am trying to sort it out with MSN Groups Community Support. Just wondered if I was the only one with this problem.

I miss WKW. I hope I get back soon ... I have a cow waiting to be POTM!!!

---------- Stellalisa added 80 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

seems I am not alone ...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...94286702294875

GANZ better get their act together and SOON. No more WK purchases from this house till they start taking care of business.

Last edited by Stellalisa; 02-02-2008 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I never got that page! I use Ad-Aware 2007 (Lavasoft). You can download a free version. It might find and erase/quarantine your bad adware (it has been finding mostly tracking cookies on my computer). You can go to www.lavasoft.com and there is a link for the free download (green link saying "Ad-Aware FREE"). I have been using Ad-Aware software for years. If you have other virus scan software, the virus finding software will piggyback (scan the same files that the Ad-Aware scans) when you use the Ad-Aware scan, and your other virus software may find a virus (I also have "VirusScan Enterprise 7.1" (McAfee Security), and in the past, it has found viruses when I have run the Ad-Aware software; and VirusScan automatically deletes the virus).

Other things you can do (I have Windows XP): go to your Local Disk (I have a "My Computer" icon on my desktop that I can click on, then I click on "Local Disk ( C: )"; then click on the "Windows" Folder (to open it); the right click on the "Downloaded Program Files"--if you have a "scan for viruses" when you right click, then click on the "scan for viruses" (you may not have this if you don't have virus scanning software installed). Also "scan for viruses" on the "Downloaded Installations" folder (also in the same folder as the "Downloaded Program Files").

Also, you should go to your Local Disk (mine is C), double click on your folder (mine is Kimberly); then double click on your "Local Settings" folder; (this may be a hidden folder, so you may have to figure out how to show your hidden folders); then double click on the "Temp" folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly\Local Settings\Temp), do a "Ctrl a" (highlight everything); and then delete it all (if you hold down the Shift key when you use the Delete key, then the files should not go in your Recycle Bin, but they will be deleted from your computer altogether). You should do this at the end of the day, before you turn off your computer, because if you have any windows open, they may be using some of those temporary files, and then they will not delete. These are the files that web pages (and other software) temporarily put on your computer...but sometimes they are not removed until you remove them yourself...they are not needed. If a website needs a file, then it will re-create it the next time you go to that website. (C:\Documents and Settings\Kimberly\Local Settings\Temp\AAWTMP is sometimes where I have found trojan files).
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #6

3 days later ... still no resolution, despite hours with MSN Community experts, reinstalling every possible spyware catcher.

Funny ... any other defective product or service, you would be able to return it or get your money back. Nice scam Ganz has running.
Closed